Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Mines and ACMs

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Mines and ACMs Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mines and ACMs - 3/27/2010 4:50:49 PM   
CapAndGown

Whenever I lay a minefield, I put an ACM or two (depending on the size of the field) in the base with the field. For my original minefields that exist at the start of the game, the minefields have pretty much remained at their starting strength. What I am finding, however, is that several of my minefields that were created since the start of the game have decayed quite seriously. Some of them have even gotten to where there are no mines left.

Does anyone know if there is a difference between user laid mine fields and scenario defined ones? An alternative idea I have had is that to maintain minefields you need to have mines in the pool of the type used by your ACMs. Under this scenario, ACMs expend mines in order to maintain the minefield. Once you run out of these mines, the minefield deteriorates despite the presence of an ACM. As another alternative: perhaps it relies on port size?

Anyone have any clue as to why not all of my ACM maintained fields have not been kept up to strength?
Post #: 1
RE: Mines and ACMs - 3/27/2010 5:08:28 PM   
Alfred

One other variable to bear in mind is that ACMs now consume fuel whilst engaged in maintaining the minefield. In the deteriorating minefields, are your ACMs fully fueled?

Alfred

(in reply to CapAndGown)
Post #: 2
RE: Mines and ACMs - 3/27/2010 5:09:37 PM   
jetjockey

Check the supply level where the minefields are decaying. I have noticed the supply levels at ports not connected to the network slowly diminish. Also, I suspect that you are right; the type mine carried by the ACM must be in the pool for the ACM to maintain the field. I'm just guessing, but this may be why it is so difficult to build any decent reserve of mines.

(in reply to CapAndGown)
Post #: 3
RE: Mines and ACMs - 3/27/2010 5:19:49 PM   
Admiral Scott

So ACM's disbanded in ports, need to be checked periodicaly to make sure they have fuel?

If that is true, then that is more unwanted micromanagement to a game with too much already, in my opinon.

If the port has fuel, and an ACM is disbanded, it should function normally until fuel no longer exists at that port, in my opinion.

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 4
RE: Mines and ACMs - 3/27/2010 5:52:28 PM   
Don Bowen

The base must have fuel, you do not need to fuel the ACM.

Mines are not consumed from the pool. The ACM repairs those already in the minefield.

The base must be port size >0 (so the ACM has port facilities).

(in reply to Admiral Scott)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Mines and ACMs Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI