Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How do you do ???

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> How do you do ??? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How do you do ??? - 3/27/2010 9:29:17 PM   
zenryl

I can't understand how to play !

I made three game so far, three economic crash.

First I didn't understand what was going on, overgrow and crash. Faire it's a first game it's normal.

Second game, yeah this time take it slowly, don't grow to fast. Everything seems to go just fine, and one day boom. Everything is falling. I take a loock in my colonny window and I see culture in my main colonny is falling. I read what you say here, so I think, if you don't have enough luxury good culture fall and so the money.

Third game, well I take a look at the expension planner try to build mining base on every ressource I need (checking Your empire need or something like that in the table). The constructor build to slowly... and my colonny seems to always want something more... And finally bam culture down and the money as well.

Basicly how can I see what each planet need ? How can I told my private sector to focus on supplying that one ****ing mother earth and not that freaky colonny with 10M guys on it ? I think there is a window I miss or which is missing, because I build the private sector everymining post they need but that's not doing it.

One more question, I suppose I have to be more slow in building new colonny. So basically I wait until they have a descent culture score, but doesn't work. (and in wich way culture is related to the money I made ? because it is, but why ???)
Post #: 1
RE: How do you do ??? - 3/27/2010 9:33:12 PM   
Webbco

To answer the first part zenryl, there will be a patch released hopefully tomorrow to solve the economy issues. The main issue as far as I'm aware is the AI not transporting luxury goods to your homeworld and the patch should fix this.

(in reply to zenryl)
Post #: 2
RE: How do you do ??? - 3/27/2010 9:38:58 PM   
zenryl

Oh sweet. Thank you

(in reply to Webbco)
Post #: 3
RE: How do you do ??? - 3/27/2010 9:54:21 PM   
PDiFolco

quote:

ORIGINAL: Webbco

To answer the first part zenryl, there will be a patch released hopefully tomorrow to solve the economy issues. The main issue as far as I'm aware is the AI not transporting luxury goods to your homeworld and the patch should fix this.

Uh, and that passed betatesting ?

(in reply to Webbco)
Post #: 4
RE: How do you do ??? - 3/27/2010 10:06:59 PM   
Webbco

This doesn't seem to be an issue for every one. Erik said he hadn't even seen this problem once in all the hours he's played so if this is the case, it's not surprising it escaped the beta.

(in reply to PDiFolco)
Post #: 5
RE: How do you do ??? - 3/27/2010 10:07:05 PM   
Erik Rutins

PDiFolco,

I can play the release version right now and not have an economy problem, but my playstyle is different from what a new player is doing. The way I generally setup my economy, I simply don't encounter this and apparently neither did our testers. Other customers are also not experiencing it and this has definitely not been an issue that has been there all along before release. I believe this was introduced in a late build and is hitting some galaxy/race setups/combinations harder than others.

We tested the heck out of this release , but unfortunately we discovered that some bugs got past us. Some were system specific that we could not have caught, but I sure wish we'd caught this economy issue. This is a subtle one too in terms of how it evolves - the economy works and will recover, but it can go negative enough in some situations that people panic and/or give up, which is understandable. It is related to private sector distribution of luxury resources and if that gets prioritized incorrectly, the economy has a problem that takes a while to recover from.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to PDiFolco)
Post #: 6
RE: How do you do ??? - 3/27/2010 10:08:15 PM   
Erik Rutins

Zenryl,

Feel free to also check the economy tips in the war room, they may help you, but the update which we hope will be available as early as tomorrow night should be a big help in this case.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> How do you do ??? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI