Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Having lots of fun but...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Having lots of fun but... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Having lots of fun but... - 3/28/2010 4:28:21 PM   
Midas

Hi All

Yep really enjoying this so far

Just a few things:

1. Text size it's a killer.

2. Ship & base screen, wish it would either not show ships & bases which are not completed, or highlight them so you know they are not available yet.

3. Ship design, really do not get this. If I choose edit it shows the stats for the ship/base but won’t actually allow you to edit anything at all, is this right?

4. Retired ships still showing as a build option at construction yards?

5. I have had a few issues with construction yards not being able to complete projects, assuming they ran out of materials? If this is so, could we not have the project unable to build unless the mats are available? In other words you cannot choose to build it unless the mats are available, which are then allocated to the project immediately allowing the construction yard to completed the project without any problems, other than being attacked!

6. Nebulas and suns having black diagonal lines through them obviously a graphical glitch, am I the only one?

As I said but still having a lot of fun, just hope the AI is suitably aggressive!

Post #: 1
RE: Having lots of fun but... - 3/28/2010 4:30:59 PM   
ASHBERY76

3.You can not edit the starting ships.Copy as new.
4.You still have some of that design in operation.It will go when you upgrade,retro,scrap them.

< Message edited by ASHBERY76 -- 3/28/2010 4:31:09 PM >

(in reply to Midas)
Post #: 2
RE: Having lots of fun but... - 3/28/2010 4:37:27 PM   
Webbco

6. Lines show the area of effect of the black hole, nebulas etc. If you put a research station or resort within this area, it will get a bonus (I think).

(in reply to ASHBERY76)
Post #: 3
RE: Having lots of fun but... - 3/28/2010 4:41:22 PM   
Tree Dog

quote:

ORIGINAL: Webbco

6. Lines show the area of effect of the black hole, nebulas etc. If you put a research station or resort within this area, it will get a bonus (I think).

I don't know about nebulas, but it seems to be that the purple like around black hole is just there to say " Don't go past that point.", lost a ship that way. My research stations are just fine sitting out of that line.

Also, he was talking of the black likes all over a system, they're there when you have noone in the system, and thus don't see anything. ;)

(in reply to Webbco)
Post #: 4
RE: Having lots of fun but... - 3/28/2010 5:12:37 PM   
Midas

ok,

6. This is when there is a nebula that overlaps the main sequence star of the system; the lines affect the entire system and are visible all the way out to the pink rotating ring around the system as you scroll out.

(in reply to Tree Dog)
Post #: 5
RE: Having lots of fun but... - 3/28/2010 5:21:39 PM   
lordxorn

As far as lines going across a blackhole I have not seen that,

and yes the colored haze you see emanating from the black hole's mouth, is called the event horizon.

Now I am no physics expert, but I believe that is the point where nothing can escape from being pulled into the mouth. Except of course a jump drive.

I wrote a micro AAR about it

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2414784

(in reply to Midas)
Post #: 6
RE: Having lots of fun but... - 3/28/2010 5:34:54 PM   
Midas

Blackholes are fine, it's Nebulas and stars which are over lapped by nebulas

(in reply to lordxorn)
Post #: 7
RE: Having lots of fun but... - 3/28/2010 6:33:54 PM   
lordxorn

Black Diagonal Lines indicates you have no active sensor in the area to give you a live picture. Meaning if you scouted out the location, but then you have to ships in the area then that is the "Fog of War"

(in reply to Midas)
Post #: 8
RE: Having lots of fun but... - 3/28/2010 6:35:44 PM   
Midas

Thankyou

(in reply to lordxorn)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Having lots of fun but... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI