Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Whats the easiest way to retrofit the ships?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Whats the easiest way to retrofit the ships? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Whats the easiest way to retrofit the ships? - 3/28/2010 9:35:40 PM   
malkuth74

Do you really have select every single ship individual to retrofit them or scrap them? I mean that gets a little tedious when you have like 100s of ships. LOL.

I must be missing something though. Must be easier way of doing it. Other then waiting for them to die. LOL.
Post #: 1
RE: Whats the easiest way to retrofit the ships? - 3/28/2010 10:04:41 PM   
kingwanabee

Why does retrofit not work sometimes? I click on "retrofit at nearest starport" and the ship just sits there alot. Automated or not it makes no difference. Anyone else see this?

(in reply to malkuth74)
Post #: 2
RE: Whats the easiest way to retrofit the ships? - 3/28/2010 10:07:38 PM   
Erik Rutins

Do you have enough money to pay for the retrofit?

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to kingwanabee)
Post #: 3
RE: Whats the easiest way to retrofit the ships? - 3/28/2010 10:18:11 PM   
Midas

Is it correct you cannot retrofit fleets? or disband them?

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 4
RE: Whats the easiest way to retrofit the ships? - 3/28/2010 10:19:12 PM   
incbob

quote:

ORIGINAL: kingwanabee
Why does retrofit not work sometimes? I click on "retrofit at nearest starport" and the ship just sits there alot. Automated or not it makes no difference. Anyone else see this?

I have seen this when I have the starport "full" of ships being built or retrofitting. I think there maybe a limit to how many can go at a time. Once a couple of ships are done I go back to the ship and it works fine.

Post #: 5
RE: Whats the easiest way to retrofit the ships? - 3/28/2010 10:20:53 PM   
frugaldude

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

I am sure I may have missed something but how do you find the cost of a retrofit?

Post #: 6
RE: Whats the easiest way to retrofit the ships? - 3/28/2010 10:23:05 PM   
Sarissofoi

Propably because there isnt free slots in shipyard and there is a lot of civilian ships in order befeore yours.

I find this very annyoing.
I mean I want scrap or refit some ships. I send them to nearest shipyard and then they sit here waitnig in quenne. The same for warships production. I must manually push my warships to up otherwise this tame horendus time before lets say twenty civialian ship will be builded.

There should be something like military orders go always before civilian. Heck I want check some spaceports as "ONLY USE FOR MILITARY" and keep this pesky civilians far from my main shipyards.

Post #: 7
RE: Whats the easiest way to retrofit the ships? - 3/28/2010 11:27:48 PM   
Marcuso

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sarissofoi

Propably because there isnt free slots in shipyard and there is a lot of civilian ships in order befeore yours.

I mean I want scrap or refit some ships. I send them to nearest shipyard and then they sit here waitnig in quenne. The same for warships production. I must manually push my warships to up otherwise this tame horendus time before lets say twenty civialian ship will be builded.

There should be something like military orders go always before civilian. Heck I want check some spaceports as "ONLY USE FOR MILITARY" and keep this pesky civilians far from my main shipyards.

You make a good point with this. We should be able to supersede civilian production with our military ships - maybe turn it into a priority system.

(in reply to Sarissofoi)
Post #: 8
RE: Whats the easiest way to retrofit the ships? - 3/28/2010 11:39:28 PM   
kingwanabee

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Yes, plenty of money, thanks to the beta patch.

I think the problem is the civilian ship production clogging my shipyard. Maybe if I turn off shipyard automation?

Thanks for spending your weekend in this forum, Erik. You're one of the reasons I keep spending my paychecks at Matrix!

Post #: 9
RE: Whats the easiest way to retrofit the ships? - 3/28/2010 11:41:18 PM   
malkuth74

No ship being built under your civies is a good thing. Makes you money. And really it does not take that long to build them anyway.

Once you settle down and expansion slow to crawl. Your civies basically stop using your ship yards. And you have free rain to make whatever you when when.

Post #: 10
RE: Whats the easiest way to retrofit the ships? - 3/29/2010 5:08:11 AM   
Texashawk

+1 to this. Great suggestion Sarissofoi.

Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marcuso

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sarissofoi

You make a good point with this. We should be able to supersede civilian production with our military ships - maybe turn it into a priority system.

Lifetime "You Magnificent Bastard!" callouts: 5
Lifetime slaps across the face by a female: 2
Lifetime games that hold my attention longer than a month: 3

(in reply to Marcuso)
Post #: 11
RE: Whats the easiest way to retrofit the ships? - 3/29/2010 3:09:22 PM   
Gertjan

perhaps not only use or just give preference to military ships.

(in reply to Texashawk)
Post #: 12
RE: Whats the easiest way to retrofit the ships? - 3/29/2010 4:24:10 PM   
PDiFolco

Well, if you have plentiful money why not just build some more yards at your principal systems?

(in reply to Gertjan)
Post #: 13
RE: Whats the easiest way to retrofit the ships? - 3/29/2010 9:18:48 PM   
Erik Rutins

Once a ship is already in the shipyard, it's not really possible to move it out without scrapping it. If you want to get some military ships that are waiting to the top of the queue, you can go into the construction yard tab for the port and remove ships to make room. Note that the private sector will not let you scrap their ships, so if you are seeing a lot of private sector construction, it's also generally a good idea to build another space port for future needs.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to PDiFolco)
Post #: 14
RE: Whats the easiest way to retrofit the ships? - 3/30/2010 4:21:11 AM   
Erikem

There wasn't an answer to the original post. Is there an easier way to retrofit a bunch of ships/fleet at once? You can obsolote designs easily but that doesn't do anything for the ships you already have. One at a time is a bit tedious.

Thanks!

Post #: 15
RE: Whats the easiest way to retrofit the ships? - 3/30/2010 4:55:00 AM   
malkuth74

Erikem I took if from the lack of responses that the answer is no.

Right now its one at a time which is a huge chore and not very user friendly. Hopefully they will add it in..

Its already been posted in the Suggestion thread about a million times already, so I think that they have to address it because it really is a problem having a fleet of 500 ships and having 1/2 of them junk becuase you can't bother to go through 300 individually to fix them or scrap them. LOL.

(in reply to Erikem)
Post #: 16
RE: Whats the easiest way to retrofit the ships? - 3/30/2010 5:24:16 AM   
Sarissofoi

quote:

ORIGINAL: kingwanabee

BTW This is propably because you delete design which ship you want to retrofit.
What I mean.
You have old ship 'Scrappy'.
You wanna retrofit him to new design 'Shiny'.
You propably not obsolete 'Srapy' and delete it.
Happen to me once.

Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Whats the easiest way to retrofit the ships? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI