Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

400 unitsd limit

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> 400 unitsd limit Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
400 unitsd limit - 11/21/2000 5:49:00 AM   
xavier

Hello, Just a question : Why put a purchase limit of 400 units maximum ? (200 by players) I ask that because I am developing a system of multi-player campaign, and it could be that 2 armies of more than 200 units for each player meet in a map. This would be a problem since 400 maximum is alowed. XAAL.

xaal
Post #: 1
- 11/21/2000 8:14:00 AM   
Wild Bill

It's basically a matter of what the game can handle. It's not designed to handle more than that. Otherwise weird things start happening. We've stretched it to the max, far beyond the original 25 or so formations originally given us in the first SP, but I think the old girl has about all she can handle with the 400 max. So many calculations are done for each unit with each move, fire, etc. that the game can't handle more than that. Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to xavier)
Post #: 2
- 11/21/2000 3:30:00 PM   
xavier

Thank you Wild Bill for your quick reply. XAAL.

xaal

(in reply to xavier)
Post #: 3
- 11/21/2000 3:43:00 PM   
Mac_MatrixForum

quote:

Originally posted by xavier: I ask that because I am developing a system of multi-player campaign, and it could be that 2 armies of more than 200 units for each player meet in a map. This would be a problem since 400 maximum is alowed.
Most campaign systems have these kind of limitations. Take the new Close Combat games as a bad example. The 200 units per side is plenty. Who has the guts to play many such games? (or time ) I would hope your campaign system doesn't favour large formations. ------------------ Markku "Mac" Rontu "Understanding is a three-edged sword, your side, their side and the truth." - Sheridan in B5

Markku "Macroz" Rontu
"Understanding is a three-edged sword, your side, their side and the truth." - Captain John J. Sheridan, Babylon 5

(in reply to xavier)
Post #: 4
- 11/21/2000 7:29:00 PM   
Wild Bill

My pleasure Xavier! Scenarios are like women. Some like 'em big, some like 'em small We try to provide all of them and they all have a place in the system. While the quick play is probably a big favorite, the Monster (I call 'em "Momo") battles and campaigns have a strong following. Good luck with the multiplayer. Sounds interesting. Keep us posted. WB ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to xavier)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> 400 unitsd limit Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI