Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Troop Questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Troop Questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Troop Questions - 3/29/2010 3:24:12 AM   
Emmet333

I'm unsure of how to load up troops. Although the default destroyer ships can hold them, I cannot seem to get a click-menu up that gives me the option (I've seen a SS showing it can be done).

Also, I have dedicated transport ships in my design menu but I'm not given the option to build them from a colony nor from a spaceport.

One last question, although I get a strength value for my troops on my ships (some started with troops on them), I have no idea (or know if it's even possible) to see the strength value of enemy troops on a planet. I assume you can somehow because otherwise the knowledge of your own troop values would be worthless.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Post #: 1
RE: Troop Questions - 3/29/2010 4:18:19 AM   
malkuth74

Me too I can't figure this out either. To remedy this I usually let the ship go on auto for a little while before assigning it to a fleet. And they will pick up a few troops while in automated mode.

Problem is that this kinda slows down you progress. LOL.

(in reply to Emmet333)
Post #: 2
RE: Troop Questions - 3/29/2010 4:29:39 AM   
Emmet333

Ok, by individually selecting each troop transport I can then right-click on my planet and load up troops, although this is *very* tiresome. Would be great to do it as a fleet.

I did manage to build my own troop transport model but I don't understand why I don't have the option to build the default (auto-built) one. Sadly, some automation feature deleted my design and I'll have to recreate it.

On a side note: really loving the game, I just think it needs a bit more to spit, polish and fine-tuning to bring it home. I'm gonna post on the "Wish List" thread with suggestions.

< Message edited by Emmet333 -- 3/29/2010 4:30:41 AM >

(in reply to Emmet333)
Post #: 3
RE: Troop Questions - 3/29/2010 6:02:52 AM   
dawilko

Hi Emmet333,

Sometimes you need to conduct some construction research to be able to build destroyer size ships (troop transport seem to be destroyer size). I also am finding it somewhat painful to individually load troops per ship, a load fleet troop transports option would be nice. Overall an awesome game.

(in reply to Emmet333)
Post #: 4
RE: Troop Questions - 3/29/2010 8:27:21 AM   
elliotg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Emmet333
Ok, by individually selecting each troop transport I can then right-click on my planet and load up troops, although this is *very* tiresome. Would be great to do it as a fleet.

You can also right-click on any ship that can carry troops and select "Load Troops > At nearest colony"

Agreed, would be a good idea to be able to assign a "Load Troops" mission to an entire fleet - will keep that on the big list

(in reply to Emmet333)
Post #: 5
RE: Troop Questions - 3/29/2010 8:30:29 AM   
Emmet333

Good stuff, thanks guys! Such a great community on Matrix (I'm a *long* time lurker, new at posting).

(in reply to elliotg)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Troop Questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI