Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

research crash program doesn't stop

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> research crash program doesn't stop Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
research crash program doesn't stop - 3/29/2010 8:29:55 PM   
Anglachel

I started a crash research to get the "fusion reator UX1000" After the new reactor was researched the program didn't stop. Now I have researched for more reactors and the crash program is still running. Even when I change it to another one it switches back.

Edit: Now all reactors are researched und the crash programm ist still running. Since there is no research in other fields with a running crash programm, my research is stuck...

< Message edited by Anglachel -- 3/29/2010 8:57:25 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: research crash program doesn't stop - 3/29/2010 11:26:34 PM   
Pulas

Hey hey! I have EXACTLY the same problem. I think the problem only occures if you play the race with the unique reactor. But then it destroys the game. Tried editing with the editor, but cannot remove the crash order. Nice little bug!

(in reply to Anglachel)
Post #: 2
RE: research crash program doesn't stop - 3/30/2010 3:46:05 PM   
Anglachel

Yes I was playing the Quameno with their unique reactor, too

(in reply to Pulas)
Post #: 3
RE: research crash program doesn't stop - 3/30/2010 6:41:34 PM   
Erik Rutins

Thank you for the report, please upload a save file if you have one, we'll definitely get this fixed.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Anglachel)
Post #: 4
RE: research crash program doesn't stop - 3/30/2010 7:28:53 PM   
Anglachel

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Thank you for the report, please upload a save file if you have one, we'll definitely get this fixed.

Done

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 5
RE: research crash program doesn't stop - 5/4/2010 8:20:14 AM   
taltamir

ah... i got the tech by buying it when another empire offered it. i got a popup with "would you like to buy X for lots of money" and said yes.

mmm.... no wait... I crashed plasma thunderbolt MX... then I bought plasma thunderbolt MX as I described above from other other human empire... then it remained crashed on the shaktur firestorm... then somethimg made me get those, I don't remember what but i didn't buy them... then it was stuck researching none... so i went into the editor and removed shaktur firestorm from my known techs... so then it finish re-researching it and was worked around.

< Message edited by taltamir -- 5/4/2010 8:21:11 AM >

I do not have a superman complex; for I am God, not Superman.

(in reply to Anglachel)
Post #: 6
RE: research crash program doesn't stop - 5/4/2010 12:14:23 PM   
Fishman

I take this as conclusive proof that reporting things doesn't work too well, because I reported this ages ago with exact steps of how to reproduce it, back BEFORE 1.03, and it was entirely ignored and never fixed.

(in reply to taltamir)
Post #: 7
RE: research crash program doesn't stop - 5/4/2010 12:59:33 PM   
taltamir

2/3 of my reports result with "thank you, we were able to track it thanks to this save, we have fixed it for next version".

I think they just didn't see it.

(in reply to Fishman)
Post #: 8
RE: research crash program doesn't stop - 5/4/2010 1:10:37 PM   
Fishman

quote:

ORIGINAL: taltamir

2/3 of my reports result with "thank you, we were able to track it thanks to this save, we have fixed it for next version".

I think they just didn't see it.
Yeah, I hear that a lot, too. Then you go and report back saying it wasn't fixed, so...form mail responses don't exactly equal action.

(in reply to taltamir)
Post #: 9
RE: research crash program doesn't stop - 5/4/2010 2:39:11 PM   
sbach2o

I wouldn't be too fatalistic over issues going unanswered.

There are many duplicates.

There are lots of things that may be more of the 'wishlist' kind which probably is for later.

Other stuff may need verification when its unclear whether there is an actual issue or a misunderstanding about game mechanics. Or someone might be reporting from an old version (me, when I dare to). The occasional seemingly old issue cropping up, stemming from an incomplete fix, may look like something like this.

Then it is a lot of work to just take in everything. Acknowledging all issues, even if it is too early for them to handle them yet, may be too much. What with all the explaining, apologizing and getting involved into fruitless discussion this can lead to, over things they might have to sort out with themselves first.

That doesn't mean the feedback couldn't be better. But any developer should be extremely cautious about publishing anything like, e.g. to-do lists. These things are non-committal until actual work has started, but would be mistaken as promises by (part of) the public.

So I think the feedback we are getting is actually okay.

< Message edited by sbach2o -- 5/4/2010 2:52:42 PM >

(in reply to Fishman)
Post #: 10
RE: research crash program doesn't stop - 5/4/2010 5:19:30 PM   
Fishman

quote:

ORIGINAL: sbach2o

I wouldn't be too fatalistic over issues going unanswered.
One can never be too fatalistic. After all, life itself is fatalistic: You're not going to survive.

(in reply to sbach2o)
Post #: 11
RE: research crash program doesn't stop - 5/4/2010 5:36:48 PM   
taltamir

this sort of attitude reminds me of this clip http://www.hulu.com/watch/99944/saturday-night-live-digital-short-on-the-ground

(in reply to Fishman)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> research crash program doesn't stop Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI