Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Looking For Japanese Player for first PBEM game.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Opponents Wanted >> Looking For Japanese Player for first PBEM game. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Looking For Japanese Player for first PBEM game. - 3/30/2010 3:30:55 AM   
YukonSD

First post from a long time lurker here . Finally got around to registering.

So as the title says, I am looking for an opponent for my first PBEM game. I played WITP only vs. the AI, though I badly wanted to PBEM. I just couldnt justify the time as I was in college. I've since graduated and am in the process of getting my soul crushed, so I figured I mine as well have some fun while its happening!

Seriously though, I feel I can now justify the long term time expenditure required of a serious PBEM game. I have played WITP:AE vs the AI quite a bit, and feel I am at least a journeyman as far as understanding game mechanics go. However, compared to some of the grognards here, I am a novice.

I actually enjoy playing Japan a bit more, but this being my first game I think its better I play as Allies; they lack the complicated production system and are more forgiving to the blunders which are surely to occur.

I would like to play a fairly experienced Jap player; someone who wants to establish a long term playing relationship ( Is this match.com ? ). I have noticed some concern about players dropping games without a word; I can assure any prospective opponent that were I to give up for any reason, I would communicate that fact to you, and furthermore send you my password so you may find another player to take over the game. I would only ask in return that you do the same for me.

As far as house rules and the like, I am open to about anything. I would like a realistic game, though not necessarily historic. A gentlemens agreement to avoid gamey exploits would satisfy me; though more set in stone rules works as well.

I would also like to to 2 day turns; it does make things more difficult for the Japenese player in the early going from what I understand, but looking long term I think its a good thing. It gives us the chance to actually finish the game in a reasonable amount of time.

I am Central Time, United States. I can do 1 turn a day easily, on weekends I could do more. I have a few weeks vacation and spend them away from the computer, so there would be pauses here and there.

Thanks for reading this very long first post. If you would like to speak more fire off a PM or post here. Hope to here from someone soon!
Post #: 1
RE: Looking For Japanese Player for first PBEM game. - 3/30/2010 5:44:09 PM   
Retsel

Sent u pm :)

(in reply to YukonSD)
Post #: 2
RE: Looking For Japanese Player for first PBEM game. - 3/30/2010 11:38:15 PM   
YukonSD

Thanks! I have gotten a couple offers, I believe I will wait a day or two more to see if any more are interested, then decide.

(in reply to Retsel)
Post #: 3
RE: Looking For Japanese Player for first PBEM game. - 4/12/2010 10:09:05 PM   
edrahil1

am willing to play you

(in reply to YukonSD)
Post #: 4
RE: Looking For Japanese Player for first PBEM game. - 4/19/2010 1:25:46 PM   
collingwood

Hi,Iam up for the game and definately on the long term and two day turns are okay by me.I prefer realistic and dont like game plays by people who have found a gap in the rules.The house ruled are all okay with me ie realistic torpedoes damage control etc also I woulsd be looking to start 0n the 8th after suprise attack.Await your reply

(in reply to YukonSD)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Opponents Wanted >> Looking For Japanese Player for first PBEM game. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI