Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Requesting/offering money, broken sometimes

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> Requesting/offering money, broken sometimes Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Requesting/offering money, broken sometimes - 3/31/2010 3:09:30 AM   
FerretStyle

When in the trade screen, clicking more than once on any amount of money in either offering/accepting windows results in the offered/accepted amount converting into a negative number and then getting stuck there. The result is that the only possible trade is either 10, 100, 1000 or 10000.

Example:

Wanting to trade 1100 credits

Click 1000 credits 1000 credits appears in Offered goods list Click on 100 credits -173649 credits appears in Offered goods list

Doesn't seem to be any way to correct it, and happens randomly. I've seen numbers as low as -143 or as high as over -1800000. The number can be cleared (offer removed) but it will appear again anytime when clicking a number the 2nd time. The negative number is always the same within the same trade screen. Not sure what could be causing it, or how to reproduce it.
Post #: 1
RE: Requesting/offering money, broken sometimes - 3/31/2010 3:20:18 AM   
RonLugge

I've been meaning to post about this.

Basically, when you first put money on the screen, it doesn't check how much money the AI has.  When you go to add money, it checks and caps it to the amoupnt they have (negative, if they're broke).  So you can offer 10K when they only have 5 credits, or get them to pay 10K when they're already 50 in the hole.  If the rest of the deal is good, of course.

There are 10 types of people in the world:

Those that understand binary, and those that don't.

(in reply to FerretStyle)
Post #: 2
RE: Requesting/offering money, broken sometimes - 3/31/2010 5:27:11 AM   
FerretStyle

So if I understand you right, this isn't a limiting problem, just something that happens when the asking/offering amount is more than what's in the treasury?

Post #: 3
RE: Requesting/offering money, broken sometimes - 3/31/2010 5:37:03 AM   
RonLugge

Yeah.  The first one goes through period the end, then the second one onward does the right checks.  No clue how the beta missed this one!

There are 10 types of people in the world:

Those that understand binary, and those that don't.

Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> Requesting/offering money, broken sometimes Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI