Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

To those new to Matrix a question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> To those new to Matrix a question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
To those new to Matrix a question - 3/31/2010 7:54:04 AM   
wodin

How do you feel about Matrix Games if this is your first buy.

Have you checked out their other games since buying DW?

Have you come across some interesting games you'd never heard of before?

DW has a grog wargame feel to it that I'm sure some of you have never experienced before....thats why it plays so different to other 4x games. Hopefully you support Codeforce in any expansion and maybe you might end up with a new hobby PC wargaming....a fair few wargamers who frequent this forum have bought DW a game not normally something they would buy....they really like it aswell by all accounts....lets hope it works both ways.

Post #: 1
RE: To those new to Matrix a question - 3/31/2010 7:59:47 AM   
Deto

This was my first buy from them but wasn't the buying handled by DR or something like that? Matrix as a firm, by support etc seem brilliant :)

I've checked the other games they have before this, but my interest in 'grand scale wargaming' lie mostly in the future. I find 'past wars' a little bit boring myself, and even though they did have space related large scale games, they didn't seem big enough for me :D And I love the feel of finding new, exploring the unknown and so on.. thus this game is something I greatly enjoy

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 2
RE: To those new to Matrix a question - 3/31/2010 8:04:56 AM   
wodin

I get that Digital River has its problems;)

Glad your a happy customer...Matrix do support their games very well indeed....they've never had a big company feel who are distant from their customers....being here is like a little family....another thing you will notice, flame wars don't happen that often....we are a very good bunch of lads and girls here.

(in reply to Deto)
Post #: 3
RE: To those new to Matrix a question - 3/31/2010 8:46:50 AM   
RonLugge

What's a 'grog wargame'?  O.o

There are 10 types of people in the world:

Those that understand binary, and those that don't.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 4
RE: To those new to Matrix a question - 3/31/2010 9:06:09 AM   
lordxorn

Grognard hex crazy, like the 70$ WITP. I am still not buying that game for 70$, maybe if it were normal priced, especially for a game that has just been heavily modded.

Take Arsenal of Democracy the excellent remake of HOI2, and sells for only 20$.

(in reply to RonLugge)
Post #: 5
RE: To those new to Matrix a question - 3/31/2010 11:56:59 AM   
forsaken1111

I had a look at their other games but none seemed to interest me.

(in reply to lordxorn)
Post #: 6
RE: To those new to Matrix a question - 3/31/2010 12:42:58 PM   
HsojVvad

This is my first purchase of Matrix. I am too busy with DW to be looking at anything else at the moment.

(in reply to forsaken1111)
Post #: 7
RE: To those new to Matrix a question - 3/31/2010 2:12:29 PM   
Gertjan

Also my 1st purchase of Matrix.

(in reply to HsojVvad)
Post #: 8
RE: To those new to Matrix a question - 3/31/2010 2:38:18 PM   
Webbco

First time with Matrix too. In fact, first time buying an indie game! 

Very happy with the results, although none of the other Matrix games I see interest me either.

Would purchase other games from Codeforce/Matrix again for sure though if one comes out that looks like my cuppa tea

(in reply to Gertjan)
Post #: 9
RE: To those new to Matrix a question - 3/31/2010 2:58:28 PM   
Wade1000

I was new to Matrix Games when I bought Armada 2526, now Distant Worlds. I have mostly prefered turn-based space 4X games and Civilization 4. I Have tried other pausable real-time space 4X before. Distant Worlds seems to be very well done.

These Matrix games, hexagon-based, turn-based, World War 2, strategy games are still a niche market and probably always will be. They appear to be very well thought out and full of strategy from what I've looked at. I think that close to all, 4X, space strategy gamers will not be very interested in these WW2 games. That's my opinion, of course.
I enjoyed the original Panzer General and I like WW2 documentary shows in general. These hexagon-based, card-unit games though do not hold my interest. Theses Matrix Games titles seem good for the style of game they are though.

Wish list:population centers beyond planetary(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Culture):Ships,Ring Orbitals,Sphere Orbitals,Ringworlds,Sphereworlds;ability to create & destroy planets,population centers,stars;AI competently using all advances & features.

(in reply to Webbco)
Post #: 10
RE: To those new to Matrix a question - 3/31/2010 3:08:40 PM   
Gertjan

Have you already bought the game Wade? You really should!

(in reply to Wade1000)
Post #: 11
RE: To those new to Matrix a question - 3/31/2010 3:10:42 PM   
Wade1000

Yeah! :D I got Distant Worlds the other day. I love that the battles are all on the same main screen as the rest of the game. I also love the epic zoom levels.

< Message edited by Wade1000 -- 3/31/2010 3:16:18 PM >

Wish list:population centers beyond planetary(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Culture):Ships,Ring Orbitals,Sphere Orbitals,Ringworlds,Sphereworlds;ability to create & destroy planets,population centers,stars;AI competently using all advances & features.

(in reply to Gertjan)
Post #: 12
RE: To those new to Matrix a question - 3/31/2010 3:20:52 PM   
mbar

I'm new. Became a customer because of DW. I also bought War in the Pacific:AE after much debating with myself about it having almost too much detail. But I enjoy learning about WWII. I think I may have found a new genre to like. I have my eye on Harpoon Commander Edition, World in Flames (sounds like that might be awhile though ) Armada 2526 and maybe maybe maybe Operational Art of War III.

< Message edited by mbar -- 3/31/2010 3:21:19 PM >

(in reply to HsojVvad)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> To those new to Matrix a question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI