Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Matrix Games on Netbooks??

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Matrix Games on Netbooks?? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Matrix Games on Netbooks?? - 5/2/2009 6:28:23 AM   
Gilgenbach

Hello,

I am planning to buy a Netbook soon. The only Problem is that some games dont seem to run on Netbooks. I tried Conquest of the Aegean (no problem performancewise) BUT the screen resolution of 1024x600 (most Netbooks have that) stops the game from running. Has anyone any advice for me?

I would also be interested to know if the "old" Battleground titles will run on these systems, and maybe someone knows about HPS games aswell.

CHeerio and thank you

Rob

My grandfathers war: - http://www.gilgenbachs-eifel.com/theo.htm

Remembering my fallen granduncles: http://www.gilgenbachs-eifel.com/wk2.htm
Post #: 1
RE: Matrix Games on Netbooks?? - 3/26/2010 5:42:48 PM   
Lützow

I got an Acer Timeline 1810 TZ. Almost similiar to a Netbook in regard to price and dimensions. But twice as fast, with a better display and 1366x768 dpi screen resolution.

(in reply to Gilgenbach)
Post #: 2
RE: Matrix Games on Netbooks?? - 3/26/2010 7:29:56 PM   
Hertston

HPS Squad Battles, and ACW games work fine on my Acer Aspire One; I suspect that's true for PzC, Napoleonics and Modern Battles as well at least, although I haven't tried any of them - might give North German Plain a go tonight. Rather to my surprise the Matrix release of the Campaign Series wouldn't run. I also have Harpoon CE and Field of Glory on my netbook, both of which run nicely. TOAW3 works fine as well, as does Titans of Steel.

< Message edited by Hertston -- 3/26/2010 7:33:33 PM >

(in reply to Lützow)
Post #: 3
RE: Matrix Games on Netbooks?? - 3/31/2010 9:23:48 AM   
Chernabog

Hi,

I should be getting my Netbook today, and am interested to see if this will run on it as well.

Havent bought the game yet, considering it at the moment, but if the game can run at the strange resolutions of Netbooks (same as original poster) then this will be a boon :)

Regards,

C.
Post #: 4
RE: Matrix Games on Netbooks?? - 3/31/2010 2:59:18 PM   
doomtrader

Time of Wrath supports 1024x768 display resolution (I'm not sure how about the demo)

Also Storm over the Pacific is going to run with this resolution.

(in reply to Chernabog)
Post #: 5
RE: Matrix Games on Netbooks?? - 4/2/2010 9:07:12 PM   
CapnDarwin

Netbooks with a 600 pixel vertical screen are going to be left out of the loop in a number of cases I fear. I know with our current work on Flashpoint Mideast (yes we are still working on it) the minimum vertical resolution we support is 768. This is a pure function of size on a number of dialog boxes used in game. In order to go down to 600 there would have to be a whole new interface designed and new artwork to deal with the reduced display. That being said we are discussing what that would take, but it won't be anything coupled with the initial release plan and we have two other titles in the pipe off of the new game engine (again they are limited to 768). The hope would be to have more netbooks with greater resolution in the future. We'll keep an eye on this thread too.

Thanks.

OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Matrix Games on Netbooks?? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI