Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Freighters not picking up a luxury

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> Freighters not picking up a luxury Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Freighters not picking up a luxury - 3/31/2010 10:42:59 AM   
Huwie

I have a colony which produces, among other things, marble and steel. It doesn't have a space port but there's one in the system. The marble is a high priority for my empire, but freighters are simply not picking it up. They are quite happy to pick up steel (we already have plenty, well in excess of demand) but they haven't picked up a single shipment of marble, which is the main reason I put a colony there.

Am I missing something or is this a bug? It applies to my own freighters and indies. Marble output on the planet is 80%.
Post #: 1
RE: Freighters not picking up a luxury - 3/31/2010 11:00:21 AM   
Volcano

Try to build a spaceport on this planet. Even a small one should be suitable.

(in reply to Huwie)
Post #: 2
RE: Freighters not picking up a luxury - 3/31/2010 11:10:37 AM   
Huwie

Thanks for the reply. However I was given to understand that one space port per system was enough, and besides, plenty of steel is being picked up from the colony.

(in reply to Volcano)
Post #: 3
RE: Freighters not picking up a luxury - 3/31/2010 12:09:41 PM   
Webbco

How long has the colony been in existence there? Sometimes it takes a while for the freighters to kick in.

On a similar note, although quite a tenuous link I'll admit , I don't get any passenger ships taking punters to my black hole resort base (it's a couple of systems away from the nearest colony). Any idea's why?

(in reply to Huwie)
Post #: 4
RE: Freighters not picking up a luxury - 3/31/2010 12:15:09 PM   
Huwie

It's been there at least a couple of years now, and again, freighters have been picking up the other goods quite happily. They simply don't touch the marble, which is the one thing I really need from the colony (and is most abundant according to the info panel).

(in reply to Webbco)
Post #: 5
RE: Freighters not picking up a luxury - 3/31/2010 12:26:19 PM   
Webbco

This was a major problem before the 1.02 patch. I don't mean this to patronise you but have you downloaded the 1.02 patch yet?

(in reply to Huwie)
Post #: 6
RE: Freighters not picking up a luxury - 3/31/2010 12:31:52 PM   
Huwie

Yeah...well, actually I'm using the beta 1.02 patch but Erik said there was no functional difference between beta and release.

(in reply to Webbco)
Post #: 7
RE: Freighters not picking up a luxury - 3/31/2010 12:33:40 PM   
Volcano

quote:

ORIGINAL: Huwie

It's been there at least a couple of years now, and again, freighters have been picking up the other goods quite happily. They simply don't touch the marble, which is the one thing I really need from the colony (and is most abundant according to the info panel).
Look at your expansion planner screen, and check if there is any demand for the marble. I may be wrong, but I bet there isn't any...

(in reply to Huwie)
Post #: 8
RE: Freighters not picking up a luxury - 3/31/2010 12:38:03 PM   
Okim

Bare in mind that excessive ships production may switch you empire demands putting transportation of steel to higher priority than your luxury resource. If you don`t have enough freighters you may have such delays.

However i doubt that this may be the cause of several years-long delay :)

(in reply to Webbco)
Post #: 9
RE: Freighters not picking up a luxury - 3/31/2010 12:39:55 PM   
Webbco

Yeah I'm using the beta too. Hmmm.

I know one spaceport should be enough in a system but have you tried building a small spaceport at this colony as Volcano suggested? Just to see what happens?

Interestingly, I just looked at my saved game to see what my freighters do with marble and guess what? I don't have ANY marble deposits, no potential colonies with marble, nor any resource locations that have marble! Thank goodness I don't have a demand for it at the moment.

Sorry I can't be of more assistance. Keep asking around though, someone will be able to help I'm sure

(in reply to Huwie)
Post #: 10
RE: Freighters not picking up a luxury - 3/31/2010 12:49:04 PM   
Huwie

Yeah OK, I'll try building a small one at the colony.  I'll be sure to report back.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

(in reply to Webbco)
Post #: 11
RE: Freighters not picking up a luxury - 3/31/2010 12:50:17 PM   
Huwie

quote:

ORIGINAL: Volcano Look at your expansion planner screen, and check if there is any demand for the marble. I may be wrong, but I bet there isn't any...

I don't know about right now, but there certainly was demand at some point. Anyway, why would demand fall when there has never been any supply?

(in reply to Volcano)
Post #: 12
RE: Freighters not picking up a luxury - 3/31/2010 1:20:19 PM   
Webbco

While we're talking about demand, does anyone have a situation where all demand in your empire in the expansion planner is set to 0.0k?

I've read this somewhere, but the forum is getting too big to find information now!

(in reply to Huwie)
Post #: 13
RE: Freighters not picking up a luxury - 3/31/2010 1:26:18 PM   
Joram

Erik had said demand represents unfulfilled demand so the fact that it is 0.0 doesn't mean people don't want it, just that you are fulfilling their demand.  Personally, I think this is a little confusing as it's an atypical way of representing demand. 

(in reply to Webbco)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> Freighters not picking up a luxury Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI