Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 Page: <<   < prev  41 42 [43] 44 45   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 3/25/2010 11:45:37 AM   
pacificbetta

Need help (again)

After installing 1.5.1, i get the following error, may this software idiot get some pointers please?

quote:

ERROR: Problem starting the database. Exiting.
java.sql.SQLException: User not found: SA
at org.hsqdb.jdbc.Util.sqlException<Unknown Source>

I have had no issues with 1.4 or 1.5
Thank you in advance

(in reply to Stugots)
Post #: 1261
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 3/25/2010 11:50:41 AM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: pacificbetta

Need help (again)

After installing 1.5.1, i get the following error, may this software idiot get some pointers please?

quote:

ERROR: Problem starting the database. Exiting.
java.sql.SQLException: User not found: SA
at org.hsqdb.jdbc.Util.sqlException<Unknown Source>

I have had no issues with 1.4 or 1.5
Thank you in advance

Are all four trackerdb files still there? I tried removing the trackerdb.script file and I got the exact same error message.

(in reply to pacificbetta)
Post #: 1262
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 3/25/2010 11:53:52 AM   
pacificbetta

I have
trackerdb.LCK
trackerdb.txt (which is empty)
trackerdb properties
and trackerdb script

Trackerdb.properties as below:
#HSQL Database Engine 1.8.0.7
#Thu Mar 25 18:42:02 SGT 2010
hsqldb.script_format=0
runtime.gc_interval=0
sql.enforce_strict_size=false
hsqldb.cache_size_scale=8
readonly=false
hsqldb.nio_data_file=true
hsqldb.cache_scale=14
version=1.8.0
hsqldb.default_table_type=memory
hsqldb.cache_file_scale=1
hsqldb.log_size=200
modified=yes
hsqldb.cache_version=1.7.0
hsqldb.original_version=1.8.0
hsqldb.compatible_version=1.8.0

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 1263
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 3/25/2010 12:05:51 PM   
floydg

Doesn't sound right. When WitPTracker is not running, the four files are supposed to be:
  • trackerdb.script
  • trackerdb.properties
  • trackerdb.data
  • trackerdb.backup

When the program is running, you'll see two additional:
  • trackerdb.log
  • trackerdb.lck

The real database is in trackerdb.data and if you don't have that one any more, you may as well delete all of the trackerdb files and start over again.

• Post #: 1264
    RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 3/25/2010 12:13:02 PM   
    pacificbetta

Ok, I took your suggestions, deleted the folder and remade. things are going right now, thanks!

(in reply to floydg)
    Post #: 1265
    RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 3/25/2010 2:26:05 PM   
    Nomad

Floyd, Damien, I was just doing a turn and had 1.5.1 open. I looked at some things and then hit the minimize button. I got a small windows looking message box that said the it couldn't initialize the font. The problem is that it locked WitP AE up too. I was able to end tracker but WitP never would respond. I ended up with a white box that superimposed on the WitP screen that was where tracker was running and that stayed up. I had to end WitP using task manager.

Post #: 1266
    RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 3/25/2010 2:51:29 PM   
    floydg

Nomad: sounds to me like a Windows-related resource issue. I doubt there is anything we can do in WitPTracker, but maybe someone smart may have a better idea...

(in reply to Nomad)
    Post #: 1267
    RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 3/25/2010 3:44:15 PM   
    findmeifyoucan

Just curious. The game says a CV that I am accelerating as the Japanese will arrive on March 1, 1944 but tracker says early Jan, 1943. That is a pretty big discrepancy. Can someone explain?

(in reply to n01487477)
    Post #: 1268
    RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 3/25/2010 3:45:47 PM   
    Nomad

I just thought I would report it. I really have no idea exactly where or what caused it. We will have to wait and see if anyone else has this problem. I do have a fairly good computer and don't normally have problems with resources. But, I also do have lots of things up and running when I do a turn, Witp, tracker, excell, word, outliner, WMP, Internet, email, etc.

< Message edited by Nomad -- 3/25/2010 3:46:11 PM >

(in reply to floydg)
    Post #: 1269
    RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 3/25/2010 3:53:36 PM   
    n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: findmeifyoucan

Just curious. The game says a CV that I am accelerating as the Japanese will arrive on March 1, 1944 but tracker says early Jan, 1943. That is a pretty big discrepancy. Can someone explain?

PM sent

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nomad

I just thought I would report it. I really have no idea exactly where or what caused it. We will have to wait and see if anyone else has this problem. I do have a fairly good computer and don't normally have problems with resources. But, I also do have lots of things up and running when I do a turn, Witp, tracker, excel, word, outliner, WMP, Internet, email, etc.

I know since patch 3 there have been some lockups etc ... not saying this is a witp-ae problem, because you are running a lot of extra's ...
    More info needed (windowed mode, wide screen) & I guess a look at the resource levels of the computer while doing all this stuff. Administrative Tools - Performance (Memory, paging etc)
    Of course this might have been a one time glitch, so keep us posted, but using msconfig from the run command, we could turn off some of the TSR (startup) programs

(in reply to findmeifyoucan)
    Post #: 1270
    RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 3/25/2010 4:01:10 PM   
    n01487477

quote:

Forget the PM if you want ...
    I forgot the game never calculates the exact date of arrival with accelerated shipping, Tracker does and should be correct, but if you want send me the file(as per PM) and I'll have a look-see.

Also did a video tute on ship construction http://sites.google.com/site/n01487477/Home

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by n01487477 -- 3/25/2010 4:09:46 PM >

Post #: 1271
    RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 3/25/2010 4:34:34 PM   
    Nomad

There does seem to be something in patch 3 that is causing hangups and crashes. I had rarely experienced them before and now I can get them quite often. For me, windowed mode with px and py values for my wide screen seems to cause the most problems. I have taken to using full screen at 1920 x 1200 and have not experienced many if any of the lockups. One thing that was wierd was the particular message. I find it a bit strange that I got a message that a font could not be initialized at the point that i did a minimize of tracker. But, then it might have been trying to re-initialize a font for WitP. But again, as I said, mostly I wanted to put it into the thread and see if anyone else sees that particular error.

(in reply to n01487477)
    Post #: 1272
    RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 3/25/2010 5:07:49 PM   
    findmeifyoucan

So, the ETA in the game does not adjust at all? I noticed it does adjust but only a little. If tracker is a lot more accurate then that would be great as that would mean I am getting my CV a whole year earlier than I expected. Yahoooooooooooo!!!!

Another thing I noticed while in this screen after scrolling down for a bit I noticed a number of my merchant ships production showed up Halted and in red plus a bunch of SSX's. I do not recall halting any production. Is this because simply there is not enough Naval or Merchant shipping points to start building everything and the game has decided by default what to build and what not to build at this point? I am still only in December, 1941 but almost to the end of the month.

(in reply to Nomad)
    Post #: 1273
    RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 3/25/2010 9:38:08 PM   
    fflaguna

Wow, looks awesome, guys! Thanks!

Attachment (1)

Post #: 1274
    RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 3/26/2010 12:12:17 AM   
    n01487477

quote:

So, the ETA in the game does not adjust at all? I noticed it does adjust but only a little. If tracker is a lot more accurate then that would be great as that would mean I am getting my CV a whole year earlier than I expected. Yahoooooooooooo!!!!

Well something to be happy about ... remember your ship build costs may vary though for time delay (see pic)
    quote:

Another thing I noticed while in this screen after scrolling down for a bit I noticed a number of my merchant ships production showed up Halted and in red plus a bunch of SSX's. I do not recall halting any production. Is this because simply there is not enough Naval or Merchant shipping points to start building everything and the game has decided by default what to build and what not to build at this point? I am still only in December, 1941 but almost to the end of the month.

I expect you are talking about LB's and SSX's which are at 1 day delay - these automatically halt at 1 day delay ... the reason being is that they don't appear automatically, but you have to use the create barge or create mini sub on the base screen ...

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by n01487477 -- 3/26/2010 6:27:07 AM >

Post #: 1275
    RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.5.1 Available - 3/28/2010 3:06:52 PM   
    n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: championzhao

ÎÒÃÇÕýÔÚÖÆ×÷WITP-AEµÄÖÐÎİ棬µ«ÊÇÕâ¸öWitPTracke¸ú×ÙÈí¼þ»á²¿·Ö²»Ö§³ÖÖÐÎĵÄÏÔʾ£¬Óеĵط½´æÔÚÂÒÂëÏÖÏó¡£

Çë½Ì£¬ÄÜ·ñÈÃÕâ¸öÈí¼þÍêÃÀÖ§³Ö¶ÁÈ¡Ë«×Ö½ÚÊý¾Ý£¿
    ·Ç³£¸Ðл

I have no idea what championzhao is saying ... I know I should change my encoding if it is in chinese -- can anyone tell me what's he's on about ?

(in reply to championzhao)
    Post #: 1276
    RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.5.1 Available - 3/28/2010 5:05:03 PM   
    Nomad

quote:

ORIGINAL: n01487477

quote:

ÎÒÃÇÕýÔÚÖÆ×÷WITP-AEµÄÖÐÎİ棬µ«ÊÇÕâ¸öWitPTracke¸ú×ÙÈí¼þ»á²¿·Ö²»Ö§³ÖÖÐÎĵÄÏÔʾ£¬Óеĵط½´æÔÚÂÒÂëÏÖÏó¡£

·Ç³£¸Ðл

I have no idea what championzhao is saying ... I know I should change my encoding if it is in chinese -- can anyone tell me what's he's on about ?

He has posted in English in the past. And he is from China.

(in reply to n01487477)
    Post #: 1277
    RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.5.1 Available - 3/28/2010 7:38:05 PM   
    floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: n01487477

quote:

·Ç³£¸Ðл

I think it was something about your sloppy programming...

Actually, based on some of the characters, I think it may have been something to do with localizing WitPTracker into Chinese, as he seems to have a version of AE localized. If it used Japanese-style usage, I would have had a better chance...
    (In IE8: View > Encoding > Chinese Simplified)

< Message edited by floydg -- 3/28/2010 7:40:23 PM >

(in reply to n01487477)
    Post #: 1278
    RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.5.1 Available - 3/30/2010 1:02:58 PM   
    Moss Orleni

Hi Floyd/Damian,

Wading through the richness of information found in Tracker, it's becoming more and more difficult to find something missing...
    But once in a while, it happens! So, I have two (hopefully) small requests for additional information.
    For air groups and LCUs, it would be very handy to see (fi with a color code):

* if an air group/LCU belongs to a restricted HQ
    * if an air group/LCU cannot be reassigned to another HQ

The most obvious use for me would be to plan ahead PP expenditure and transport requirements...

And now that I'm at it : I'm already making great use of the Notes fields for the Ships, LCUs, Air Groups and (recently added, thanks a lot!) Ship Classes.
    It would be great to have these Notes fields available as well for Aircraft & Bases, as it is a great way to keep track of multi-turn planning (fi base X needs a total Naval Support of ..., or base Y should build up its AF to size ...).

Hope these requests can be taken into condideration.
    Thanks & regards,

Moss

(in reply to floydg)
    Post #: 1279
    RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.5.1 Available - 3/30/2010 1:38:00 PM   
    floydg

Moss -

I'll be adding the restricted HQ stuff in the next release.

I'll also add the notes fields you suggest.

Floyd

(in reply to Moss Orleni)
    Post #: 1280
    RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.5.1 Available - 3/30/2010 7:16:09 PM   
    Moss Orleni

quote:

ORIGINAL: floydg

Moss -

Floyd

Great, instant 1st class service as usual!
    With the 'HQ stuff', do you mean we will effectively be able to see which attachments are 'locked'?

Cheers,

Moss

(in reply to floydg)
    Post #: 1281
    RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.5.1 Available - 3/30/2010 7:28:24 PM   
    floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Moss Orleni

quote:

ORIGINAL: floydg

Moss -

Floyd

Great, instant 1st class service as usual!
    With the 'HQ stuff', do you mean we will effectively be able to see which attachments are 'locked'?

Cheers,

Moss

Whatever I can do, I will.

But yes, that's the aim.

(in reply to Moss Orleni)
    Post #: 1282
    RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 3/31/2010 12:53:21 AM   
    fflaguna

Bug: The "LCU Production" screen doesn't scale with the window when you resize the window. It stays a fixed size instead of resizing with the window.  Also, the column sliders on the LCU Production appear are much more CPU-intensive than ALL other column sliders in WitPTracker. Try it and see if you notice it, too.

Missing feature: When showing the "History" of an air group on the "Air Groups and Pilots" screen, there is no column for total wing fatigue. It makes it tough to track your rest cycles on Tracker.

Bug: Supply showing as "0" when you click the LCU "History" button on the LCUs screen

< Message edited by fflaguna -- 3/31/2010 1:28:38 AM >

Post #: 1283
    RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 3/31/2010 4:06:30 AM   
    n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: fflaguna

Bug: The "LCU Production" screen doesn't scale with the window when you resize the window. It stays a fixed size instead of resizing with the window.  Also, the column sliders on the LCU Production appear are much more CPU-intensive than ALL other column sliders in WitPTracker. Try it and see if you notice it, too.

Yeah .. err it's meant to be like that, I just haven't got around to rewriting the interface for that or for the Production screen (which might be hard given the economy chart & how much will have to be changed) ...
    quote:

Missing feature: When showing the "History" of an air group on the "Air Groups and Pilots" screen, there is no column for total wing fatigue. It makes it tough to track your rest cycles on Tracker.

I'll look into it ...
    quote:

Bug: Supply showing as "0" when you click the LCU "History" button on the LCUs screen

I'm sure that will be a quick fix

Thanks again for the report

(in reply to fflaguna)
    Post #: 1284
    RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 3/31/2010 7:52:46 AM   
    castor troy

Hi guys

Even though I´ve used tracker only for my last 200 turns in my PBEM, I really love it. Problem now is that I seem to have issues starting up tracker. I usually fire up the game, run the replay, alt tab out and double click the exe of tracker. Alt tab in into the game again, giving some orders, alt tab out again loading the turn in tracker, alt tab into the game. Couple of minutes later I alt tab out to look at tracker. This worked for months.

Out of a sudden I have problems starting up tracker, it most often takes me halve a dozen attempts or more to see the programme starting. Double click the exe, this "black window" opens but nothing else happens, no matter how long I wait. Don´t know if some auto update of Java or any other update did something to my tracker install, I´m no guru in those things. Can I reinstall tracker without losing the statistics for the 200 turns I´ve loaded in the last months? Guess there´s a "save" for all the data, can I just copy it out, deinstall, install and copy it in again?

thanks for any help

(in reply to n01487477)
    Post #: 1285
    RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 3/31/2010 11:19:53 AM   
    Smeulders

I seem to have a problem with the devices window, when looking through the "Current Device Usage", I get units that have since upgraded to new devices shown (and those units are not shown in the device usage of the upgraded device). Interesting is that this does not happen when I've just loaded a turn, but it does happen when I start tracker, but before loading a new turn.

(in reply to castor troy)
    Post #: 1286
    RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 3/31/2010 12:55:04 PM   
    floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: fflaguna

Adding the AG fatigue will not be easy, since we do a deferred calculation based on the pilot's fatigue, so it's not stored in the history. I'll need to spend a decent amount of time on that.

The LCU supply was my bad - I moved the data item to a different table and never adjusted the history function.

< Message edited by floydg -- 3/31/2010 1:26:45 PM >

(in reply to fflaguna)
    Post #: 1287
    RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 3/31/2010 1:07:03 PM   
    floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: castor troy

Hi guys

Even though I´ve used tracker only for my last 200 turns in my PBEM, I really love it. Problem now is that I seem to have issues starting up tracker. I usually fire up the game, run the replay, alt tab out and double click the exe of tracker. Alt tab in into the game again, giving some orders, alt tab out again loading the turn in tracker, alt tab into the game. Couple of minutes later I alt tab out to look at tracker. This worked for months.

Out of a sudden I have problems starting up tracker, it most often takes me halve a dozen attempts or more to see the programme starting. Double click the exe, this "black window" opens but nothing else happens, no matter how long I wait. Don´t know if some auto update of Java or any other update did something to my tracker install, I´m no guru in those things. Can I reinstall tracker without losing the statistics for the 200 turns I´ve loaded in the last months? Guess there´s a "save" for all the data, can I just copy it out, deinstall, install and copy it in again?

thanks for any help

It should load. It may take a long time with a large database. One short-term fix would be to start over with a fresh database at some point (this means you'll need to start tracking from an intermediate point, though).

Long-term, I'm looking at a way to improve loading times while still preserving the history. Stay tuned.

(in reply to castor troy)
    Post #: 1288
    RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 3/31/2010 1:10:17 PM   
    floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Smeulders

I seem to have a problem with the devices window, when looking through the "Current Device Usage", I get units that have since upgraded to new devices shown (and those units are not shown in the device usage of the upgraded device). Interesting is that this does not happen when I've just loaded a turn, but it does happen when I start tracker, but before loading a new turn.

Interesting. The history should be based on the same thing regardless of when you call it up. I'll need to take a look, but I may need more information from you.

(in reply to Smeulders)
    Post #: 1289
    RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 3/31/2010 11:17:54 PM   
    Smeulders

I'm running 1.5.1, all filters are used in the devices screen ("allied", "squads" and "hide 99/99") and I got this after loading the new turn.

But after having tracker closed down and restarted the following comes up

Which appears to be the situation when I started with a fresh database, the first screen is correct. Feel free to ask whatever you need to know about the bug.

(in reply to floydg)
    Post #: 1290
    Page:   <<   < prev  41 42 [43] 44 45   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 Page: <<   < prev  41 42 [43] 44 45   next >   >>
    Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI