Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Question about building research station

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Question about building research station Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Question about building research station - 3/31/2010 3:53:45 PM   
pakron

Once you order a research station to be built there does not seem to be a way to determine what kind it is (weapons research, energy research, etc). Is it possible to determine this? The build queue does not seem to differentiate between the various research stations in any way.
(Yes, it is only an issue if forget what you ordered to be built.)
Post #: 1
RE: Question about building research station - 3/31/2010 3:56:02 PM   
Athalian

Yip, there are different kinds of research stations to be built. The labs inside determine what area it will be doin. I personally like my custom 600 size R&D station which reasearches 100K in each area :D

(in reply to pakron)
Post #: 2
RE: Question about building research station - 3/31/2010 4:51:13 PM   
lordxorn

Pakran, yes you can choose which field the station researches. When you right click on the location, it says the fields you want. However Athalian's idea is good.

(in reply to Athalian)
Post #: 3
RE: Question about building research station - 3/31/2010 4:54:57 PM   
Athalian

Also, all the spaceports have some labs :)

(in reply to lordxorn)
Post #: 4
RE: Question about building research station - 3/31/2010 5:37:14 PM   
pakron

quote:

ORIGINAL: lordxorn

Pakran, yes you can choose which field the station researches. When you right click on the location, it says the fields you want. However Athalian's idea is good.

Actually, what I meant to say that I can't tell which type of research station is is AFTER it is in the construction queue, but before it has been completed. A weapons research station being built looks the same as an energy research station. But maybe I need to go back and look at it again. I'm not in front of the game right now.

(in reply to lordxorn)
Post #: 5
RE: Question about building research station - 3/31/2010 5:40:26 PM   
Athalian

quote:

ORIGINAL: pakron

quote:

ORIGINAL: lordxorn

Actually, what I meant to say that I can't tell which type of research station is is AFTER it is in the construction queue, but before it has been completed. A weapons research station being built looks the same as an energy research station. But maybe I need to go back and look at it again. I'm not in front of the game right now.

Click on it and it should show the design name. The same sized base look identical :)

(in reply to pakron)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Question about building research station Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI