Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Resupply ships and fuel type

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Resupply ships and fuel type Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Resupply ships and fuel type - 4/1/2010 7:32:39 PM   
rickbdotcom

Are the resupply ships smart enough to know not to fill up on all of one type of fuel? Nearly every gas giant has caslon in addition to hydrogen, so a resupply ship almost always has both. Suppose all my ships just use hydrogen. Every time I refuel a ship the hydrogen level goes down but the caslon does not. I go to fill the resupply ship back it, it keeps gathering both hydrogen and caslon until eventually it would be all caslon after several fleet re-fuelings. Does the game already take that into account, like not load more than 50% of the cargo with one type of fuel or the other? It would be nice if we had control over that, or be able to dump or offload the unused fuel.
Post #: 1
RE: Resupply ships and fuel type - 4/2/2010 2:24:29 AM   
Fishman

Pretty sure that your end result is a ship full of caslon with no room for anything else. Build some caslon-guzzlers.

(in reply to rickbdotcom)
Post #: 2
RE: Resupply ships and fuel type - 4/2/2010 2:50:48 AM   
siRkid

How do you get teh resupply ships to work? I made one and added it to my fleet but the fleet still ran out of fuel.

Former War in the Pacific Test Team Manager and Beta Tester for War in the East.

(in reply to Fishman)
Post #: 3
RE: Resupply ships and fuel type - 4/2/2010 3:12:34 AM   
2ndACR

You have to deploy it at a gas giant somewhere......make it pretty close because they dont like to travel more than 1/2 their fuel load before they turn around and go to refuel.

Think of them as mobile gas stations.

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 4
RE: Resupply ships and fuel type - 4/2/2010 4:04:07 AM   
siRkid

Ok thanks

Former War in the Pacific Test Team Manager and Beta Tester for War in the East.

(in reply to 2ndACR)
Post #: 5
RE: Resupply ships and fuel type - 4/2/2010 4:47:07 AM   
rickbdotcom

Oh well, I'm glad they included a game editor so I can just go in and workaround these little "oddities", to put it politely :). I guess I could just delete the ship and create a new one in the editor to get rid of that unwanted caslon.

Post #: 6
RE: Resupply ships and fuel type - 4/2/2010 8:04:35 AM   
aspo

I wonder if that explains people complaining about fleets taking far too long to refuel.  I like the idea of not micromanaging all these resources, but it's frustrating when you have 0 control like that.

Post #: 7
RE: Resupply ships and fuel type - 4/2/2010 10:06:56 AM   
Gertjan

So it is better to go for planets with multiple gas types than to choose a nebula?

(in reply to aspo)
Post #: 8
RE: Resupply ships and fuel type - 4/2/2010 1:59:09 PM   
Joram

quote:

ORIGINAL: rickbdotcom

Are the resupply ships smart enough to know not to fill up on all of one type of fuel? Nearly every gas giant has caslon in addition to hydrogen, so a resupply ship almost always has both. Suppose all my ships just use hydrogen. Every time I refuel a ship the hydrogen level goes down but the caslon does not. I go to fill the resupply ship back it, it keeps gathering both hydrogen and caslon until eventually it would be all caslon after several fleet re-fuelings. Does the game already take that into account, like not load more than 50% of the cargo with one type of fuel or the other? It would be nice if we had control over that, or be able to dump or offload the unused fuel.

Very interesting. If it doesn't, it may not be technically a bug but certainly very bad behaviour. Personally I can't use resupply ships cause I can never seem to get them to work.

Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Resupply ships and fuel type Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI