Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Is there, or is there going to be a Strategy Guide?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Is there, or is there going to be a Strategy Guide? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Is there, or is there going to be a Strategy Guide? - 4/1/2010 10:15:41 PM   
HsojVvad

The best ever Strategy Guide ever made, I belive would be for the Original Masters of Orion game. Anyone ever see it? It was like 200 or 300 pages. I swear it's as thick as the Bible. It tells you everything. All the tables on how a bomber works out at each shield level of the planet. It tells you how lazers work on ships shield levels.

I don't think we would ever see anything like that on that kind of scale, but I do love strategy guides. It gives you insight into the game that you may have not seen or tired.

So is CodeForce or Matrix planning on making a Strategy Guide for Distant worlds later on?

If not, are there any user made startegy guides? I will check out GameFAQ and see if there is any there. If you know of any please post the links please. It could help us out alot.

*edit* nothing on gamefaq.com yet. They have a DW section but no FAQ or cheats yet. Then again we don't need cheats we have an awsome editor.

< Message edited by Davor -- 4/1/2010 10:17:47 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Is there, or is there going to be a Strategy Guide? - 4/1/2010 10:34:33 PM   
Wade1000

The in game Galactopedia could help. I wonder if the developers could allow it to be downlaoded to potential customers.

Also:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=794 (forum: The War Room)

Wish list:population centers beyond planetary(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Culture):Ships,Ring Orbitals,Sphere Orbitals,Ringworlds,Sphereworlds;ability to create & destroy planets,population centers,stars;AI competently using all advances & features.

(in reply to HsojVvad)
Post #: 2
RE: Is there, or is there going to be a Strategy Guide? - 4/1/2010 10:42:35 PM   
Webbco

Check the war room every now and then, I'm sure someone will create one in the coming months. It's still the first week of release so people need to explore the game fully first!

(in reply to Wade1000)
Post #: 3
RE: Is there, or is there going to be a Strategy Guide? - 4/1/2010 11:00:09 PM   
Knave

Man, I had that Strat guide for MoO. Well my dad did...

I remember reading through that entire thing as a kid. Good stuff.

(in reply to Webbco)
Post #: 4
RE: Is there, or is there going to be a Strategy Guide? - 4/1/2010 11:37:45 PM   
Aurelian

The strat guide for Imperialism 1 and 2 were dang good as well.

(in reply to Knave)
Post #: 5
RE: Is there, or is there going to be a Strategy Guide? - 4/1/2010 11:43:38 PM   
JonathanStrange

Even a short .pdf manual would be intriguing. Someone could read and whet their appetite, which could only then be satisfied with the game itself. 

(in reply to Aurelian)
Post #: 6
RE: Is there, or is there going to be a Strategy Guide? - 4/2/2010 12:59:13 AM   
ASHBERY76

AAR's are best you are going to get and they can help a lot.

(in reply to JonathanStrange)
Post #: 7
RE: Is there, or is there going to be a Strategy Guide? - 4/2/2010 1:12:52 AM   
HsojVvad

quote:

ORIGINAL: ASHBERY76

AAR's are best you are going to get and they can help a lot.

Yes you are correct. I have been reading those and picked up a few things I didn't know about. I havn't been there in a few days, thanks for the reminder, I will have to go back and see if anything is new.

(in reply to ASHBERY76)
Post #: 8
RE: Is there, or is there going to be a Strategy Guide? - 5/9/2010 3:00:01 AM   
DMan777

Thought I might bump this thread to see if anyone (either Code Force or a dedicated fan) was working on a strategy guide for DW.  I really enjoy the game, but many of the nuances elude me.  I imagine whatever one might compile would almost have to remain a digital, living document what with the patches that are to come.

(in reply to HsojVvad)
Post #: 9
RE: Is there, or is there going to be a Strategy Guide? - 5/9/2010 7:19:58 AM   
DasTactic

Some games are now incorporating an online Wiki to act as a strategy guide. A Wiki for DW would be awesome because of the levels of copmplexity.

(in reply to DMan777)
Post #: 10
RE: Is there, or is there going to be a Strategy Guide? - 5/9/2010 9:17:58 AM   
Wenla

quote:

ORIGINAL: Das123

Some games are now incorporating an online Wiki to act as a strategy guide. A Wiki for DW would be awesome because of the levels of copmplexity.

There is DW Wiki, but it doesn't contain anything...

I miss (now a days) oldfashioned game manuals where you can find all facts you need, but it seems that gaming bussines starts saving first from manuals. It's quite rare to see even desent game guide.

< Message edited by Wenla -- 5/9/2010 9:23:20 AM >

Before you can define your strategy, you have to have a vision

(in reply to DasTactic)
Post #: 11
RE: Is there, or is there going to be a Strategy Guide? - 5/9/2010 3:39:54 PM   
ASHBERY76

The fun in a strategy game is to figure out the best strategies for yourself in my view.

(in reply to Wenla)
Post #: 12
RE: Is there, or is there going to be a Strategy Guide? - 5/9/2010 3:41:47 PM   
Bartje

Galactopedia Wiki sounds good! ]

It always helps to know how a game works if you want to make strategies!

(in reply to ASHBERY76)
Post #: 13
RE: Is there, or is there going to be a Strategy Guide? - 5/15/2010 7:04:25 AM   
the1sean

Would that be the Galacto-wikipedia, lol?

Yeah, this game just has so much going on that you have to read the manual AND the galactopedia to make heads or tails out of a lot of things, but at least most of it is in there somewhere.

(in reply to Bartje)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Is there, or is there going to be a Strategy Guide? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI