Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Making a new Colony

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Making a new Colony Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Making a new Colony - 4/7/2010 1:32:57 AM   
Shudson66

Ok what am I missing I have 2 colony ships. Several unoccupied plants a couple that our like my capital. And I can't get them to Colonize.
Post #: 1
RE: Making a new Colony - 4/7/2010 1:50:08 AM   
HsojVvad

You don't have the capaility to colonzie the planets. At the begining of the game you can only colonize continental planets. Then you have to research the next tech to colonize it. I think it's continental first, then marsh worlds then desert worlds. I don't think you can colonize anything else unless another minor race is already on the planet. Hopefully someone else can explain it better than me.

(in reply to Shudson66)
Post #: 2
RE: Making a new Colony - 4/7/2010 2:58:55 AM   
idgar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shudson66

Ok what am I missing I have 2 colony ships. Several unoccupied plants a couple that our like my capital. And I can't get them to Colonize.

The type of planet you start on depends on the "Home System" setting, which affect the whole system as well. I guess the Quick Start choices (apart from "random") have a fixed setting for this.

Harsh: Desert
Trying, Normal: Marshy Swamp
Agreeable, Excellent: Continental

The Galactopedia shows which modules are needed to colonize which types of planets:
Continental: Basic Colonization module
Marshy Swamp: Enhanced ...
Desert: HostileWorlds ...

So if you start with a worse than Continental home world and basic tech you can't colonize worlds with the same type as your home world. Confused me when I ran into it the first time as well.

In addition to the tech some races can automatically colonize certain type of planets, including Ocean, Ice and Volcanic which are otherwise inaccessible.

< Message edited by idgar -- 4/7/2010 3:05:54 AM >

(in reply to Shudson66)
Post #: 3
RE: Making a new Colony - 4/7/2010 4:04:23 AM   
taltamir

there is a button at the top that looks like a blue thingie with arrows point in... click on it, it lists all the planets you can colonize...
OR, zoom out, right click on a star system, select colonize and then the planet you want to colonize in that star system (Assuming it is colonizeable).

(in reply to idgar)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Making a new Colony Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI