Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Anyone have restartitice?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Anyone have restartitice? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Anyone have restartitice? - 4/7/2010 12:01:00 AM   
HsojVvad

I keep restarting my games all the time. It is not just for DW but other games as well. I keep restarting my DW game all the time. I learn something new, and then I restart and try something different. I havn't gotten into any wars yet becuase of this LOL.

So am I the only one who keeps doing this, or are there others and we should make our own support group for our "problem"
Post #: 1
RE: Anyone have restartitice? - 4/7/2010 12:07:55 AM   
lordxorn

Well it is recommended for the new patch, but otherwise I will jump on the support group. I restart games all the time. To mention other games, HOI series, MOO series, SINS, SOTS, CIV. Just like you said you learn something, or want to try something different.

(in reply to HsojVvad)
Post #: 2
RE: Anyone have restartitice? - 4/7/2010 12:22:00 AM   
PDiFolco

That's called restartophilia, I have it. 1.03 very great so far for me, they added an useless autosave as it doesn't crash anymore ! (well, not yet ..)

(in reply to lordxorn)
Post #: 3
RE: Anyone have restartitice? - 4/7/2010 12:45:29 AM   
Sarkus

Restaritis is more accurate, but yeah, I've done it a lot. One option is to add actual victory conditions, which can cause the game to end pretty quickly if you aren't paying close attention to what your opponents are doing. That way you can claim you finished a game and get to start a new one right away!

(in reply to PDiFolco)
Post #: 4
RE: Anyone have restartitice? - 4/7/2010 12:57:18 AM   
Footslogger

quote:

ORIGINAL: Davor

I keep restarting my games all the time. It is not just for DW but other games as well. I keep restarting my DW game all the time. I learn something new, and then I restart and try something different. I havn't gotten into any wars yet becuase of this LOL.

So am I the only one who keeps doing this, or are there others and we should make our own support group for our "problem"

So just how long would you play DW? hours? days? As Sid in Civ IV said, " Hi, I'm Sid and I'm a Civ IV junkie"

(in reply to HsojVvad)
Post #: 5
RE: Anyone have restartitice? - 4/7/2010 1:23:08 AM   
HsojVvad

I swear I am on DW about 4 or more hours a day. Yes I have no life. Lost my job, sent out 100's of resumes and nobody calls for an interview. Bright side is I can spend 4 or more hours a day on DW. Thing is I never got past the begining phase of the games, so I feel I haven't accomplished anything LOL

Well now, I have 1.03 beta installed, so maybe it's a good time not to restart now more. Yeah right who am I kidding eh?

(in reply to Footslogger)
Post #: 6
RE: Anyone have restartitice? - 4/7/2010 1:36:32 AM   
tgb

I've had DW since release, and have yet to play a game past Year 6.  Does that answer your question?

(in reply to HsojVvad)
Post #: 7
RE: Anyone have restartitice? - 4/7/2010 1:40:06 AM   
Barthheart

quote:

ORIGINAL: tgb

I've had DW since release, and have yet to play a game past Year 6.  Does that answer your question?

Boy does that sound familiar!

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

(in reply to tgb)
Post #: 8
RE: Anyone have restartitice? - 4/7/2010 1:41:35 AM   
HsojVvad

quote:

ORIGINAL: tgb

At least you last longer than me.

(in reply to tgb)
Post #: 9
RE: Anyone have restartitice? - 4/7/2010 1:44:29 AM   
Avenger

My second game I played for more than twenty years, and I was micro managing the whole empire. It was awesome. One session I sat there playing for more than 16 hours. :)

That's just how I play. I go for days without playing, and then I sit there and play all day and all night I restarted today after downloading the patch, and now I am running the empire on auto so I can see if this is a good map.

(in reply to tgb)
Post #: 10
RE: Anyone have restartitice? - 4/7/2010 1:47:30 AM   
HsojVvad

Sounds like you are having a blast Avenger. I don't think I could do that much micro what you did. I like to micro, I am still learning how to do macro though. I guess that is why I start over so much. I finally learn how to do something macro, I want to see if I can do it from the start and not worry about microing all the time.

(in reply to Avenger)
Post #: 11
RE: Anyone have restartitice? - 4/7/2010 1:57:13 AM   
Tree Dog

Same for me. :p
Only game of that kind I played to the end was Galactic Civilizations 2, and that probably happened no more than two times, huhu.

(in reply to HsojVvad)
Post #: 12
RE: Anyone have restartitice? - 4/7/2010 2:02:15 AM   
Elshar

I tend to just play a game through to the end, incorporating what I've learned into the current game as I progress. If I learn something new, great! I'll start using it if it's better. Sometimes strategies need to change. Like, beginning game you want to strive for luxury goods, mid game you want mostly strategic resource, late mid/early endgame you just want every @$#@* planet so the AI doesn't get it first.

I'd just play through. Even if you lose, maybe it's not because of the strategy but because of the implementation of it.. :)

(in reply to Tree Dog)
Post #: 13
RE: Anyone have restartitice? - 4/7/2010 3:38:04 AM   
JonathanStrange

I like to finish a game but I rarely choose the really huge options in any games. If I restart then I feel I lose the opportunity to see what the developer hoped to achieve - but I understand why other people do: new games are always fresh opportunities with anything possible!

The opinions expressed by JonathanStrange are solely those of JonathanStrange and do not reflect the opinions of Matrix Games, the forum members of Matrix Games, the forum moderators, or JonathanStrange.

(in reply to Elshar)
Post #: 14
RE: Anyone have restartitice? - 4/7/2010 3:44:12 AM   
Footslogger

Can anyone here relate to this video : http://www.youtube.com/warch?v=Br1BWPWEdlQ

(in reply to JonathanStrange)
Post #: 15
RE: Anyone have restartitice? - 4/7/2010 6:53:28 AM   
Mus

I have restartitis as well.

Not only do I restart because I learn things, I restart because my empire just gets too damn big for me to feel like I can properly manage it.

Once I am trying to organize more than half a dozen fleets and have several hundred ships I feel like my head is going to explode. Information overload sometimes.

Mindset, Tactics, Skill, Equipment
Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

Post #: 16
RE: Anyone have restartitice? - 4/7/2010 7:17:23 AM   
jam3

Im getting it pretty bad with this game mainly because im still learning the ship designer, plus I played one with defaul victory when I first got it and the victory pop up with no graphs or anything wasnt very rewarding so not too much into winning the game right now.

(in reply to Mus)
Post #: 17
RE: Anyone have restartitice? - 4/7/2010 1:32:17 PM   
Gertjan

I have it as well. This evening (hopefully) I will restart a new game (again). So far I think I have started about 7 games and played for 20-30 hours. It really eats a lot of time from other hobbies and social life. Perhaps we should have some addiction treatment.

(in reply to jam3)
Post #: 18
RE: Anyone have restartitice? - 4/7/2010 1:43:27 PM   
HsojVvad

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mus

I have restartitis as well.

Not only do I restart because I learn things, I restart because my empire just gets too damn big for me to feel like I can properly manage it.

Once I am trying to organize more than half a dozen fleets and have several hundred ships I feel like my head is going to explode. Information overload sometimes.

Me too. How the hell are we ever going to play with over a 1000 stars?

(in reply to Mus)
Post #: 19
RE: Anyone have restartitice? - 4/7/2010 1:56:40 PM   
MaB1708

Often in my sims I loose the interest when things (universes, cities, civilizations, wars...whatever) become too big and I am missing a good overview and a strategy.

Hi, my name is Martin. I'm a restarter.

(in reply to HsojVvad)
Post #: 20
RE: Anyone have restartitice? - 4/7/2010 5:32:28 PM   
deanco2

Everyone knows that starting a new game when it's a complicated 4X game and you get to set all the parameters and name your race is, by far, the best part.

(in reply to MaB1708)
Post #: 21
RE: Anyone have restartitice? - 4/7/2010 7:57:04 PM   
Flaviusx

I've finished 3 full games so far. But, yeah, probably closing in on a couple of dozen games I ditched along the way for various reasons.

Listen; there's a hell of a good universe next door: let's go

(in reply to deanco2)
Post #: 22
RE: Anyone have restartitice? - 4/7/2010 8:00:34 PM   
Korvus77

I am having a great game but I hit yes to swap galaxy maps at some unknown point and the three eyed rats are blooming in my backyard like weeds. Sooooo tempting to restart, however this is the longest I've lasted in a game darn it. 

(in reply to deanco2)
Post #: 23
RE: Anyone have restartitice? - 4/7/2010 8:43:06 PM   
HsojVvad

quote:

ORIGINAL: Korvus77

I am having a great game but I hit yes to swap galaxy maps at some unknown point and the three eyed rats are blooming in my backyard like weeds. Sooooo tempting to restart, however this is the longest I've lasted in a game darn it. 

We are here to support you Koruvs77. YOU CAN DO IT! You can keep playing this game, you have been doing so well.

(in reply to Korvus77)
Post #: 24
RE: Anyone have restartitice? - 4/8/2010 1:43:11 AM   
HsojVvad

Ah man, I just restarted a new game.

(in reply to HsojVvad)
Post #: 25
RE: Anyone have restartitice? - 4/8/2010 3:42:48 AM   
Footslogger

quote:

ORIGINAL: Davor

Ah man, I just restarted a new game.

Bad Davor, bad Davor.. You are now sentenced to playing DW for life!!!

(in reply to HsojVvad)
Post #: 26
RE: Anyone have restartitice? - 4/8/2010 4:52:50 AM   
HsojVvad

Well it's been over 2 hours and I am playing the same game now

Post #: 27
RE: Anyone have restartitice? - 4/9/2010 5:51:17 AM   
HsojVvad

Well I lernt a few more things today. Will be starting a over again. But this time, it will be the same game. It's going to be a challenge. No stars have any resources so I can't use my fueling stations to deploy and act like gas stations now. Guess I will have to have less armed and armoured destroyers with more fuel tanks for longer range to attack. This should make the game different now and interesting. Let's see if I can better myself where I am bored now since I can't attack no pirates now.

(in reply to HsojVvad)
Post #: 28
RE: Anyone have restartitice? - 4/9/2010 6:12:19 AM   
frugaldude

Davor,

I would be curious on how the AI would handle your game with everything in full automatic.

(in reply to HsojVvad)
Post #: 29
RE: Anyone have restartitice? - 4/9/2010 6:15:06 AM   
HsojVvad

quote:

ORIGINAL: frugaldude

Davor,

I would be curious on how the AI would handle your game with everything in full automatic.

Interesting. Taking a break from DW. I will put on auto and see what happens. will the game still run if I tab out?

(in reply to frugaldude)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Anyone have restartitice? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI