Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Why does Population drop by half

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> Why does Population drop by half Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Why does Population drop by half - 4/9/2010 3:38:26 AM   
catch22

I can't find anything on it in the manual. It barely speaks about population. Germany's population always drops by half. Why do I keep loosing my population? I'm playing Axis Blitz Scenario.
Post #: 1
RE: Why does Population drop by half - 4/9/2010 4:47:24 AM   
SGT Rice

It's a little hard to find, but the governing rule is under production, section 11.5.

Since Germany has a total of 11 population points, the most that Germany can store in the population pool at the end of the German production phase is 11. But at the start of each German turn an additional 11 population points are added, which temporarily bumps the pool up to 22 points (it can go even higher if German units get damaged during the Allied turns ... each damaged unit adds a point to the pool).

But at the end of Germany's production phase the pool limit (11 points) kicks in; any excess points not used to produce new units are lost. So the Germans always want to plan their production so they're building enough units each turn to lower the pool to 11 ... they can't afford to waste manpower.

GG A World Divided Playtester

(in reply to catch22)
Post #: 2
RE: Why does Population drop by half - 4/9/2010 6:41:37 AM   
Texican

Sounds like a very abstract approach to some degree of reality. Very Gary Grigsby'ish in design.

(in reply to catch22)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> Why does Population drop by half Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI