Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Why Can't I Build Destroyers and Cruisers

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Why Can't I Build Destroyers and Cruisers Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Why Can't I Build Destroyers and Cruisers - 4/9/2010 7:45:59 PM   
siRkid

I am far into the game and have about 20 planets and several Large Space ports but Destroyers and Cruisers do not show up on the build list. Anyone know why?

Former War in the Pacific Test Team Manager and Beta Tester for War in the East.

Post #: 1
RE: Why Can't I Build Destroyers and Cruisers - 4/9/2010 7:49:09 PM   
ASHBERY76

From ingame help pedia.

quote:

Construction Yards allow construction of new ships and bases. They also provide facilities for repair and retrofit of existing ships and bases. Construction Yard components are typically incorporated into space ports.

Higher construction technology levels produce Construction Yard components that build ships and bases faster.

Construction technology levels also limit the maximum size of ships or bases that can be built. When a new construction technology level is reached, ALL construction yards are automatically upgraded so that they can build LARGER ships and bases.

Maximum ship and base size construction levels relate to technology levels as follows:

· Level 1: Ship size 150, Base size 450 (Basic Ship Yard SY-100)

· Level 2: Ship size 200, Base size 600

· Level 3: Ship size 270, Base size 810 (Enhanced Ship Yard SY-200)

· Level 4: Ship size 350, Base size 1050

· Level 5: Ship size 450, Base size 1350 (Oversize Ship Yard SY-400)

· Level 6: Ship size 600, Base size 1800

· Level 7: Ship size 800, Base size 2400 (Titan Space Yard SY-800)

· Level 8: Ship size 1000, Base size 3000

· Level 9: Ship size 4000, Base size 12000 (Special construction technology bonus)

Colony construction yards
In addition to construction yards at space ports, each colony also has a single built-in construction yard for building bases, colony ships, resupply ships and construction ships. Colony ships, construction ships, resupply ships and space ports can ONLY be built at colony construction yards.

Note that bases built at colonies (e.g. space ports) are not subject to size restrictions. Any size base may be built at a colony, regardless of current construction technology level.

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 2
RE: Why Can't I Build Destroyers and Cruisers - 4/9/2010 7:52:49 PM   
Shark7

One of the things you might want to do at first is to 'crash' the research for the first couple of levels of constuction to get yourself some bigger ships...or get lucky and find a superweapon....big if there.

Generally getting to level 6 to 7 is a big boost mid-game.

Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'

(in reply to ASHBERY76)
Post #: 3
RE: Why Can't I Build Destroyers and Cruisers - 4/9/2010 8:17:38 PM   
Malevolence

Keep in mind hulls/role are free in DW -- with few limits placed on the role you choose. Cost/size is determined by the components you add. You can have a capital ship that is about size 60 at the start of the game. Have you noticed, however, the AI's reaction to the roles you choose? For a hoot, create a capital ship loaded with shields and armor to your construction limit. Send it in first. It makes a great damage tank while your high damage ships blast away enemy.

(in reply to Shark7)
Post #: 4
RE: Why Can't I Build Destroyers and Cruisers - 4/9/2010 8:24:11 PM   
Wade1000

Yeah, and don't forget a healer too.
Some lame dps keep bragging about their damage numbers and posting their recount score in chat window after every trash pull. Some lame dps pull before tank and then blame misfortunes on the tank and healer and then are surprised when we drop them from group.

Oops. Wrong game forum.

Wish list:population centers beyond planetary(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Culture):Ships,Ring Orbitals,Sphere Orbitals,Ringworlds,Sphereworlds;ability to create & destroy planets,population centers,stars;AI competently using all advances & features.

(in reply to Malevolence)
Post #: 5
RE: Why Can't I Build Destroyers and Cruisers - 4/9/2010 8:32:08 PM   
Malevolence

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wade1000

Yeah, and don't forget a healer too...

I don't fly a Guardian. You get immediately primaried.

(in reply to Wade1000)
Post #: 6
RE: Why Can't I Build Destroyers and Cruisers - 4/10/2010 12:23:40 AM   
Firehawk153

quote:

ORIGINAL: ASHBERY76

From ingame help pedia.

quote:

Construction Yards allow construction of new ships and bases. They also provide facilities for repair and retrofit of existing ships and bases. Construction Yard components are typically incorporated into space ports.

Higher construction technology levels produce Construction Yard components that build ships and bases faster.

Construction technology levels also limit the maximum size of ships or bases that can be built. When a new construction technology level is reached, ALL construction yards are automatically upgraded so that they can build LARGER ships and bases.

Maximum ship and base size construction levels relate to technology levels as follows:

· Level 1: Ship size 150, Base size 450 (Basic Ship Yard SY-100)

· Level 9: Ship size 4000, Base size 12000 (Special construction technology bonus)

Colony construction yards
In addition to construction yards at space ports, each colony also has a single built-in construction yard for building bases, colony ships, resupply ships and construction ships. Colony ships, construction ships, resupply ships and space ports can ONLY be built at colony construction yards.

Note that bases built at colonies (e.g. space ports) are not subject to size restrictions. Any size base may be built at a colony, regardless of current construction technology level.

Been wondering, the Level 9 construction tech...I'm guessing that has to be "found" as an artifact and can't be developed?

(in reply to ASHBERY76)
Post #: 7
RE: Why Can't I Build Destroyers and Cruisers - 4/10/2010 4:37:16 PM   
siRkid

I don't see what everone is talking about. Can someone post a SS showing this verbage?

Level 1: Ship size 150, Base size 450 (Basic Ship Yard SY-100)

Basic Ship Yard SY-100

Former War in the Pacific Test Team Manager and Beta Tester for War in the East.

(in reply to Firehawk153)
Post #: 8
RE: Why Can't I Build Destroyers and Cruisers - 4/10/2010 5:02:16 PM   
Shark7

Kid, when you go into the ship design screen, it should say in the top left corder (going from memory here, at work ATM) it should tell you the largest size of ship you can build. I don't remember the exact location, though, someone might be able to post a screen of it for you.

Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 9
RE: Why Can't I Build Destroyers and Cruisers - 4/10/2010 5:10:02 PM   
freeboy

as your e expands and grows, your bases will become able to make larger ships... this is bases on TECH level..

(in reply to Shark7)
Post #: 10
RE: Why Can't I Build Destroyers and Cruisers - 4/10/2010 5:45:50 PM   
HsojVvad

Well with the latest patch, I have noticed that if I am over of my building capacity, that the size indicator turns yellow and telling me that I don't have the capacity to build this ship.

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 11
RE: Why Can't I Build Destroyers and Cruisers - 4/10/2010 9:36:43 PM   
siRkid

quote:

ORIGINAL: freeboy

as your e expands and grows, your bases will become able to make larger ships... this is bases on TECH level..

Thanks I found it and then I must have researced the right tech. I wish there was a Tech Tree to look at and plan from.

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 12
RE: Why Can't I Build Destroyers and Cruisers - 4/11/2010 2:42:47 AM   
Mestor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kid

I am far into the game and have about 20 planets and several Large Space ports but Destroyers and Cruisers do not show up on the build list. Anyone know why?

One thing you might check, if you have the designs automated:

You should be able to build destroyers with your starting tech, if you can't build them double check your destroyer design and make sure it is <200 size. Sometimes the Automated ship designer (in 1.02 anyway) would make a ship design too large for your shipyards to build.

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 13
RE: Why Can't I Build Destroyers and Cruisers - 4/11/2010 8:53:16 AM   
Astorax

quote:

ORIGINAL: Malevolence

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wade1000

Yeah, and don't forget a healer too...

I don't fly a Guardian. You get immediately primaried.

Malevolence, you play Eve, too?

(in reply to Malevolence)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Why Can't I Build Destroyers and Cruisers Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI