Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

AI going back to old designs during retrofit.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> AI going back to old designs during retrofit. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
AI going back to old designs during retrofit. - 4/8/2010 9:31:04 AM   
2ndACR

I wanted to update some custom built ships to better engines, hyperdrive, armor and weapons. Instead of doing another re-design, thought I would click the upgrade button on the design screen to update all those designs to newer goodies. But when I looked, the AI had designed a new class of DD with worse weapons, armor, hyperdrive and engines than the current ships I wanted to design.

Guess I will just have to scrap and rebuild all ships each time to prevent the AI from using crappy designs or changing my critical items.....energy collectors. It loves to delete these from my ships.

Also cannot just edit any designs either. Wont let me just add to a computer design for some reason.
Post #: 1
RE: AI going back to old designs during retrofit. - 4/8/2010 1:31:49 PM   
Erik Rutins

Which version was this with and can you show us what your settings were on the options screen?

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to 2ndACR)
Post #: 2
RE: AI going back to old designs during retrofit. - 4/9/2010 1:37:23 AM   
2ndACR

I will try, screen shots are not my forte..........latest Beta patch.

How about this......

Latest Beta patch.

Ship design unchecked.....fleet formation unchecked.....Colony manual

AI has control of taxes, agent recruit and troop......all the others are suggest.

< Message edited by 2ndACR -- 4/9/2010 1:44:04 AM >

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 3
RE: AI going back to old designs during retrofit. - 4/9/2010 1:48:29 AM   
2ndACR

Just got home and posted  the answer, D/Led newest patch. Let us see if this helps. One of these days I will learn how to screen capture.

(in reply to 2ndACR)
Post #: 4
RE: AI going back to old designs during retrofit. - 4/9/2010 5:44:25 PM   
Andrew Loveridge

Elliot has actually built it into the game, "0" key on the number pad takes a screenshot.  By default they end up here; C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Code Force Limited\Distant Worlds\1.0.3.0\screenshots.

(in reply to 2ndACR)
Post #: 5
RE: AI going back to old designs during retrofit. - 4/9/2010 5:55:34 PM   
BigWolfChris

Concerning the "0" key, can we please (And I really really mean, for the love of god, please) be able to remap it (wouldn't mind be able to remap all keys ourselves actually) I often use the number pad to type numbers (is faster when type something that is just numbers), and everytime I hit the zero, a screenshot is taken I literary have hundreds of screenshots taken of me typing lol

AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 8 Core @3.7GHz
2x16 GB Vengeance LPX 2666MHz RAM
MSI RTX 2070 Armor 8G
SSD Drive

(in reply to Andrew Loveridge)
Post #: 6
RE: AI going back to old designs during retrofit. - 4/10/2010 6:15:24 AM   
aVoided

quote:

ORIGINAL: BigWolf

Concerning the "0" key, can we please (And I really really mean, for the love of god, please) be able to remap it (wouldn't mind be able to remap all keys ourselves actually) I often use the number pad to type numbers (is faster when type something that is just numbers), and everytime I hit the zero, a screenshot is taken I literary have hundreds of screenshots taken of me typing lol

This

(in reply to BigWolfChris)
Post #: 7
RE: AI going back to old designs during retrofit. - 4/10/2010 7:49:50 AM   
ductape

this thread is derailed, but I dont see what major improvement was made to ship designs. Sure, now the AI doesn't obsolete my designs, but it still ignores them, makes a ne one of its own, and mine never get built unless i do it myself. In the case of private sector ships i have designed, they NEVER get built.

Weren't we going to fix this? its still pretty broken if you ask me.

(in reply to aVoided)
Post #: 8
RE: AI going back to old designs during retrofit. - 4/10/2010 12:26:52 PM   
Fishman

I find the AI repeatedly attempts to design Defensive Bases, despite being told NOT to design things, even though I never build them because static defense is worthless, and in any event the AI couldn't design a base to save its life. Also, the AI repeatedly builds a nonexistent design for Energy Research Stations at random neutron stars, even though research potential is maxed out and I don't even HAVE a design for that, and additionally, I have black holes which are better. The AI should not be able to build nonexistent designs if not allowed to design, and the logic of why it chooses inferior locations for research bases needs to be looked at.

(in reply to 2ndACR)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> AI going back to old designs during retrofit. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI