Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Out of Fuel

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Time of Wrath >> Out of Fuel Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Out of Fuel - 4/11/2010 6:09:57 PM   
Vypuero

It seems that if you place an aircraft on an island that has no port you are SOL - no fuel, can't ever move it again. Perhaps that should be fixed?
Post #: 1
RE: Out of Fuel - 4/11/2010 10:11:51 PM   
Chocolino

Correct, aircraft need to be supplied to move. It was an unpleasant surprise to me as well when it happened for the first time. But once you know it you can avoid it. It is also not completely unrealistic either as a game rule.

Luckily it is not a total loss since you can recover some of its production by scrapping the aircraft.

< Message edited by Chocolino -- 4/11/2010 11:17:16 PM >

(in reply to Vypuero)
Post #: 2
RE: Out of Fuel - 4/13/2010 6:35:58 PM   
AH4Ever

I agree fixing it would be best but you could also modify the saved game to move the unit in question back to the mainland where it will be supplied.

JJMC

The next best thing to being clever is being able to quote someone who is.

You weren't there Thursday... You MISSED it!

(in reply to Vypuero)
Post #: 3
RE: Out of Fuel - 4/20/2010 10:51:55 AM   
Phelan

Actually, I would prefer re-writing the rules to allow re-basing aircraft regardless of supply status.

As it is, you can still make ATTACKS with low supplies, but you need a fairly good level of supplies to be able to peacefully move your planes. That really doesn´t make any sense to me.

(If one feels one should be penalized for moving out the aircraft and leaving the base personnel, then fine, make it cost 1 step or so to rebase ac that are oos, but to currently have to lose all of them is just ridicilous.)

(in reply to AH4Ever)
Post #: 4
RE: Out of Fuel - 4/21/2010 3:18:29 PM   
AH4Ever

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phelan

Actually, I would prefer re-writing the rules to allow re-basing aircraft regardless of supply status.

I agree air units should not be subject to normal supply rules. I would like to see their supply and the imagined airbases or airfields be reconciled by spending Productions Points just like when you move an air unit strategically.

It should cost something to move the air unit to simulate constructing some sort of base for it and then a per turn charge to maintain and supply aircraft and base.

JJMC

The next best thing to being clever is being able to quote someone who is.

You weren't there Thursday... You MISSED it!

(in reply to Phelan)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Time of Wrath >> Out of Fuel Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI