Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

GUI Issues that still annoy me

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> GUI Issues that still annoy me Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
GUI Issues that still annoy me - 4/13/2010 12:52:08 PM   
Joram

I keep coming across this but some ships with default actions, I can't right click on a planet and tell it what I really want to do. For instance, if I have a cruiser that can carry troops, it defaults to picking up troops but what I really want to do is refuel. I know I can choose 'refuel nearest' but that doesn't always produce desirable results. So can you either just remove the default actions or allow a different way of choosing the variety of actions that can be done when right clicking.
Post #: 1
RE: GUI Issues that still annoy me - 4/13/2010 2:02:34 PM   
Sigh

yes please... Also i think less should be automated and more emphasis placed on regional commands..

Why cant i just have fleets/ships patrol a sector or system? Why cant i just rightclick a space monster and select a command like "coordinate attack" instead of having to scrounge up any nearby ships (a process that takes well over 5 mins in some cases)

And HOW DO I RETROFIT SHIPS????

Yeah its easy with a single fleet or single ship.. but PLEASE dont tell me i have to go through each and every older ship and retrofit it manually. If i do have to im coming to matrix games with a... well never mind that.

Will the "automation" take over retrofitting? If no then how does the AI do it? Or does it sit around with a bunch of old ships ;)

< Message edited by Sigh -- 4/13/2010 2:14:23 PM >

(in reply to Joram)
Post #: 2
RE: GUI Issues that still annoy me - 4/13/2010 4:14:19 PM   
HsojVvad

I find it annoying as well, when in some cases I can right click and issue to refuel here and in other instances I can't. Also I don't know why I can't wich is so frustrating.

(in reply to Sigh)
Post #: 3
RE: GUI Issues that still annoy me - 4/13/2010 7:30:49 PM   
deanco2

You can get the menu you want by zooming way out and right clicking on a star.

I totally agree, the right click should be uniform, no matter where you are in the zoom.

(in reply to HsojVvad)
Post #: 4
RE: GUI Issues that still annoy me - 4/14/2010 3:02:34 PM   
Erik Rutins

Some items are zoom level-sensitive. This is by design as they are basically "context-sensitive" and the zoom level is part of the context.

We can and will improve the menu options and behaviors though. Allowing a right click "refuel here" choice for all instances makes sense. You may also note the planned improvements I've posted for the next update regarding auto-refuel and retrofit.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to deanco2)
Post #: 5
RE: GUI Issues that still annoy me - 4/14/2010 5:30:36 PM   
deanco2

quote:

ORIGINAL: Davor

I find it annoying as well, when in some cases I can right click and issue to refuel here and in other instances I can't. Also I don't know why I can't wich is so frustrating.

Hi Erik,

Well, there's one user that has already reported a usability problem WRT the context sensitive zoom. Personally, it took me several half-games to figure it out.

I would get rid of the icons in zoomed in mode and just provide the full (most options) right click menu everywhere, no matter the zoom.

By the way, you're probably the nicest, most polite, hardworking, and helpful moderator on the internet. Well done.

(in reply to HsojVvad)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> GUI Issues that still annoy me Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI