Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Master Wishlist Thread

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> RE: Master Wishlist Thread Page: <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 4/10/2010 8:31:07 PM   
HsojVvad

quote:

ORIGINAL: taltamir

quote:

ORIGINAL: Davor

For those with zoom problems with the mouse, did you try disabling nebulas in the options screen? Go to options then choos advance and turn off nebulas. I don't see a difference with nebulas on or off, but I notice when on, when I scroll it's slow, but when off, it's seamless.

Ha, I disabled that due to lag in system a while ago... it has nothing to do with the mouse scroll zoom issues

Just trying to help. It worked for me.

I like the idea about pirates making their own ships. If anything they should be able to caputer other ships and use them.

(in reply to taltamir)
Post #: 301
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 4/10/2010 10:24:59 PM   
taltamir

i know you are just trying to help and i thank you. I just wanted to clarify that this wasn't my issue...

Here is a request:
"stack" components... that is, if I put 11 ultra fuel cells on a ship, it should show up as:
11 x Ultra fuel cells.

instead of:
Ultra fuel cell
Ultra fuel cell
Ultra fuel cell
Ultra fuel cell
Ultra fuel cell
Ultra fuel cell
Ultra fuel cell
Ultra fuel cell
Ultra fuel cell
Ultra fuel cell
Ultra fuel cell

Also, option to sort components in current design.

I do not have a superman complex; for I am God, not Superman.

(in reply to HsojVvad)
Post #: 302
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 4/10/2010 10:44:41 PM   
HsojVvad

Yes we need to have 11X Ultra Fuel cells instead of them all repeating them selves. This would be less cluttered and then I don`t have to count if I have 11 of them or not.

Also now that I have met so many races and them asking me to buy their tech, I don`t have an idea what it does. At least have a hyper link to the galacatopidea telling us what it is.

(in reply to taltamir)
Post #: 303
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 4/10/2010 10:49:52 PM   
taltamir

i agree that we need the ability to "see" any technology being offered in trade.

also, we need the ability to "focus" on any planet or station offered in trade

(in reply to HsojVvad)
Post #: 304
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 4/10/2010 10:56:18 PM   
HsojVvad

I see no benifit of playing a warrior type race. If you are a warrior type race you should be able to start a war and not take a hit with your population over it. In fact you should get a slight increase. Maybe even have different type of warrior races. Where on warrior race gets a big boost for declaring war, but takes a big hit while having peace, and another warrior race have a slight increase when declaring war, but a slight or no decrease while in peace.

How about our spies doing an intel run on an empire? By that you know what techs they have and what they are researching so we can screw them up. How about we sabotage their research so the loose so much researched or even make them loose that tech completely and hthey have to research it all over again. That might be too much though.

< Message edited by Davor -- 4/10/2010 10:58:03 PM >

(in reply to taltamir)
Post #: 305
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 4/10/2010 11:06:52 PM   
taltamir

you are confusing reputation and morale. Reputation is your reputation across the galaxy. Are you "trustworthy" or do you have "dubious" history.
Warrior races give you a huge decrease to war weariness which is entirely different to reputation... if you check your planets you will see there is "reputation" bonuses / penalties, and there are war weariness bonuses penalties... and the war weariness normally dwarfs the reputation issue. So a warrior race actually performs very well in a "war with everyone situation" since the penalty for reputation is small, and the penalty for war weariness is small...

on the other hand, a "friendly" race will take massive penalties from war weariness, they might have a small penalty OR bonus from reputation but its not enough to cover up their war weariness penalty and it can ruin their empire unless they know how to work the system.

So your reputation SHOULD take a hit from starting a war, regardless of your race. (but being on the receiving end of war shouldn't be that much of an issue)

< Message edited by taltamir -- 4/10/2010 11:07:42 PM >

(in reply to HsojVvad)
Post #: 306
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 4/11/2010 2:53:30 AM   
Kamonrius

In addition to my post of enhanced combat effects/occurences etc etc what I ULTIMATELY hope for is the chance to share scenarios with other players. if we can not have multiplayer (I ultimately desire not) then allow us to trade galaxy scenarios with scripted events and different storylines.

such as and inevitable attack from an outside force after a 100 years that would sweep across the galaxy and tear through the civlizations BUT by means designed by us, or a massive Pirate alliance wreaking havoc across the stars, or a uninhabitable sector of space littered with nova's and black holes, but teeming with rare tech derelicts and resources in a resource poor galaxy who is littered with dead worlds and rare habitable planets :D.

Or even an unstoppable onslaught of space creatures exibiting a relentless attack until someone finds the source of their attack and wipe it from existence :D these are basic scenarious and what I have in mind is a far more in depth costumization and sharing it with other players forum downloads/mods :D

(in reply to taltamir)
Post #: 307
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 4/11/2010 7:36:54 AM   
taltamir

the ability to have a "steal tech" mission specifically to steal racial tech. Currently it is impossible to do. It shouldn't be easy of course, Make it very very hard. Say, 20% success rate for a spy with 400 xp (max level) who takes a year to do it... but it should at least be possible.
Oh, and it should have very serious political repercussions.

(in reply to Kamonrius)
Post #: 308
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 4/11/2010 8:12:34 AM   
lancer

Goodaye,

Resource Depletion activated for the Human (guy at the controls) Player

DW comes with full stats built into the UI for the size of a particular resource deposit. This feature was nerfed 'cause the AI couldn't handle it which is fair enough.

However it would add an enormous amount to the depth of the game if this was able to be implemented for the human player only. Your empire, at some point, would be required to come up with a strategy to deal with the inevitable resource depletion crisis.

It would also make for greater depth if you had to take into account deposit size as well as abundance.

You'd need to make this an optional toggle as the Grognard, detail orientated, crowd would probably love it whereas the Action Jackson crowd would, I'd imagine, take an intense dislike to any extra micro-management.

Given that the information and interface is already up and running for this I'm guessing that it wouldn't be a big deal to implement. The returns in terms of adding an additional dimension to the game could be significant.

Cheers,
Lancer

(in reply to taltamir)
Post #: 309
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 4/11/2010 10:08:50 AM   
eltharion

1) when a spaceport has several (even two) ships docked in and takes damage...
is impossible set a constructor ship to fix it (in manual mode).

2) when new event occurs to ship you can click "to find that ship"...
but you can't select her to give a new direct order.

3) Fighters/Bombers & Mines.

3a) Fighters/Bombers maybe can have few order (in ship consensual menù)
-protect particular ship or fleet
-patrol system (a stationary carrier/Base can patrol a system only with fighters and bombers)
-Strike a ship/fleet
-Scout a star system ( a explorer ship with a few fighter equiped with sensors can be usefull to speed up
exploration)
-A system like "carrier at war 2" will be nice, but maybe will a little less management will be perfect.

3B) Mines can be simply placed around system (very expensive and with a back-sideback on commerce)
or around a planet (this will give to the planet time to hold an invasion and have
help from friendly fleets)

4) more and more events... and the possibly to add (costum) new one.
I think this will be spice the game and add several eye-candy

5) Add in editor the possibility to move any star object without any other modify.

6) Add in editor the possibility to create or modify any planet/moon/asteroid etc.
with specific type and ammount of resource or relic.

7) When create an abbandon ship or station will be nice to choose the design picking
specific components from an omnicromprensive list.

8) Possibility of invasion from other galaxy-rift-dimension () with new (not playable) race
with ancient and powerfull tech (to steal with specific intel mission or massive but not distructive
assault to choosen alien ship/structure)

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. Is not life a hundred times too short for us to bore ourselves?

-Friedrich Nietzsche-

(in reply to Okim)
Post #: 310
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 4/11/2010 11:53:41 AM   
SilverRocket

Been playing this game for a week or so now and loving it, although it is taking up way too much of my time... I haven't read through this whole thread so apologies for any duplicate requests or if I've missed something which is actually in the game already!

Some stuff I think needs to be added/changed:

- Save/load times are really long at the moment (2-3 minutes) - if at all possible this needs to be improved.
- Please add a button for 100,000 or even 1,000,000 credits as it can be painful paying for big deals
- It would be good if the computer automatically retro-fitted really old military ships
- Might be worth rethinking when a colony chooses to defect. I don't think it makes sense for 10m people to come from one of the most developed planets in the galaxy to suddenly be overawed and switch allegiance to another power almost immediately on arrival in a new colony. This should tend to happen more when a colony feels threatened by a big neighbour.
- Need to iron out the current exploit by which you can trade (with faction X) a declaration of war (against faction Y) in exchange for loads of money, tech and territory, etc - then quickly make peace with the faction you've just declared war against (Y) for a fraction of the profit. In this example I think that when you commit to faction X to declare war on faction Y there should be a period of time in which if you make peace with faction Y you take a serious relationship hit with faction X. The level of the hit should be inversely proportional to the amount of time elapsed since the deal.
- It's too easy to lose relationship by making demands. Certainly you should be able to enforce peace between factions by threatening trade sanctions.
- Conversely it would be good to be able to request gifts from more advanced allies (at the moment I think it would register as a threat)
- A better way of resolving territorial disputes - either by allowing empires to 'claim' systems or improving the diplomatic options

Also, I like to play with quite a few human factions and a small number of alien factions. The problem with this is that fighting a war against another human faction as a democracy is simply untenable. Even if it is the other faction which declares war on you you basically end up with all your colonies revolting and your economy tanking. Perhaps the racial bonuses for relations/war dissatisfaction should be based on the ratio of that species in the universe - so that the more human factions, the less attachment to any particular one. Plus there should be less dissatisfaction if you are attacked. In general dissatisfaction should depend on the level of damage/threat caused by the war and should be colony/system specific.

Hopefully the above is not too garbled

I didn't expect the above to be so long but seeing as this is a wishlist thread I thought I'd add some stuff I'd like to see in the more distant future (or even an expansion) which would be good to include but isn't immediately urgent:

- Large scale disasters/disruptive events: plagues (could research cures and this could be used for strategic advantage), invasions from other galaxies (aggressive species of aliens, the borg , etc)
- Governments in exile/ motherships to transport nearly defeated races to different parts of the universe/friendly factions
- Multilateral treaties and alliances: the ability to create free trade areas or defensive alliances, with the option to either have a faction leader (i.e. the strongest faction in a defensive alliance against an outside aggresor) or to have an equal voting system (i.e. to decide when to admit new members or seek peace terms etc)
- Generally more flavour events

Anyway, after asking for a ridiculous number of things I'd like to just add that this game is generally excellent and it is very refreshing as a jaded strategy gamer to see a game with so much ambition. The game succeeds really well in creating the feeling of a 'living universe' and I really hope that you continue to bolster this side of the game which might seem superfluous but really is central to why the game is so good. Thanks!

(in reply to eltharion)
Post #: 311
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 4/12/2010 1:40:11 AM   
Malevolence

From discussion:

I suggest that while my fleet controls the skies of an enemy planet, I should be permitted to offer them the chance to unconditionally surrender or suffer the pain of my nuclear bombardment.

I should be considered less evil than if I had just bombarded the planet to dust.

Nicht kleckern, sondern klotzen!

*Please remember all posts are made by a malevolent, autocratic despot whose rule is marked by unjust severity and arbitrary behavior. Your experiences may vary.

(in reply to SilverRocket)
Post #: 312
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 4/12/2010 8:14:41 AM   
HsojVvad

An idea just came to me. Can we have a legend tab? It should be able to toggle on or off for people who don't want it on. Maybe in a corner or somewhere, when it is on, it can tell us what the distance is. Say When Zoomed all the way it it can look like this:

I____i_____I_____i_____I between the I and i it can be

100 units or what ever it is,

1000 or 10 000 and system view

100 000 or what ever in Deep Space View

1 000 000+ or what ever when Zoomed all the way out.

This way we can tell how fast a ship really moves, how far weapons really are, and now how far our long range sensors can really detect.

As of now, a range of 300 or a speed of 250 mean nothing to me and when I get a new tech that has a range of 500 or a speed of 600, I don't really see much of a difference. It would make it easier to see what these numbers actually mean and how to apply them when making a new ship. This way I will actually be looking forward to new tech now that I know and understand what they actually do and mean.

(in reply to Malevolence)
Post #: 313
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 4/12/2010 8:24:03 AM   
sbach2o

Make Resort Bases viable targets for luxury goods shipments. Luxury goods on a Resort Bases should be slowly consumed, increasing their effectiveness.

Just occured to me during the discussion in the topic Cargo on Resort/Defensive Bases

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 314
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 4/12/2010 10:03:14 AM   
siRkid

I would like to see a Muster Fleet Option that would send all ships to where the lead ship is even if it moves after the order is given.

Former War in the Pacific Test Team Manager and Beta Tester for War in the East.

(in reply to sbach2o)
Post #: 315
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 4/12/2010 10:09:31 AM   
Fishman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Storper

Sounds a bit like the Klingons from BotF where you got morale penalties from making peace.
Heh, yes. I remember there was one side, the Roms, I think, which was ALWAYS happy about it no matter what you did. Made me wonder how brainwashed they had to be, that no matter what you did or to who, they would always be like "yay, us!".

(in reply to Storper)
Post #: 316
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 4/12/2010 1:42:52 PM   
Nephrinn

I want some popup messages to tell me when:

1) A project has stopped because there aren't enough of x material to complete y.
2) This colony/constructor ship can't complete its mission because of this pirate/monster/whatever (maybe whenever a ship is escaping).

I'd also like more information about what materials are needed to construct ships and bases and for it to warn me that I may not have enough of a material to finish the project.

(in reply to Fishman)
Post #: 317
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 4/12/2010 3:01:22 PM   
Nabobalis

A windowed mode unless one already exists,

(in reply to Nephrinn)
Post #: 318
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 4/12/2010 3:03:20 PM   
HsojVvad

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nabobalis

A windowed mode unless one already exists,

I am shure it exsists. Check your options. Sorry I forget how it's done.

(in reply to Nabobalis)
Post #: 319
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 4/12/2010 11:06:40 PM   
Gerth

Moveable/shrinkable sub windows. Manage constructors and fleets from window-- construction and rounding up stray ships for fleets is tedious. A button to auto load troops on the fleet/ship screen as there is too much backing out of screens at the moment. Stackable components, for the love of God, Montresor. ;)

ETA indicators of fleet/vessel destinations with eta; eta for projects to complete.

< Message edited by Gerth -- 4/12/2010 11:07:25 PM >

(in reply to HsojVvad)
Post #: 320
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 4/13/2010 2:22:09 AM   
D.W.O.H

have uniques ship designs for each empire

Democratic Worlds Of Humanity.

(in reply to Okim)
Post #: 321
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 4/13/2010 8:45:30 AM   
Antario

quote:

ORIGINAL:  Antario

PMC's....ye that'll be the day, not only do we have monsters, pirates, and mean space aliens...but our own civilians are starting wars to now

and YES PLEASE   a refit button for every station that isnt a port, its incredibly annoying not being able to update defence and custom stations (like my research citadel or shipyard)

and while their at it....custom station automation please, let them accept the massive orders i take
and while their at that, a central place to order ships + let me select a point in space and build them nearest to that

a quote from something i thought up a little this morning, this is the appropriate thread for it i believe?

(in reply to D.W.O.H)
Post #: 322
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 4/13/2010 8:59:56 AM   
deanco2

Make the A key a 'toggle automation' key.  As it stands, pressing A will only automate a currently non automated ship.  If a ship is already automated, the A key does nothing.  It should 'de-automate' the ship.  I almost reported this as a bug, until I realized that the A key works, but in only one direction.

When 6 of my latest design ships roll off the assembly line, I don't want them patrolling or escorting, I built them for a reason.  I'd like to just be able to select them and hit A and let them chill until I am ready to use them.

(in reply to Antario)
Post #: 323
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 4/13/2010 11:40:37 AM   
Fishman

I think Privateering needs to be a PRIVATE occupation, so that you can design and send out Privateer craft, which will appear as "Pirates", and prey on the shipping of unfriendly nations. If they complain about this, you go, "Pirates? What pirates? We have NEVER condoned piracy!".

(in reply to deanco2)
Post #: 324
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 4/13/2010 12:13:15 PM   
Andrew Brown

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shark7

Adding to my list:

Increased modability:

1. Ability to add additional races.
2. Ability to have 1 ship set per race, rather than the limit of 8 sets.
3. Ability to define new government types.
4. Ability to define new planet types/habitability.
5. Ability to define new species (IE Feline, Kanine, Gas-Bags, Avian, Mechanical, etc)..think MOO for inspiration.
6. Ability to define new resources, ruins, events, etc.
7. Ability to add resources to planets/moons with the in game editor.
8. Ability to save an edited game map as a scenario for easy loading and replay.
9. Ability to define ship designs for use at game start for each race for the generation of starting ships....adds variety.

I agree with all of these, but I would also very much like to see the ability to:

• Define new ship components.
  • Modify existing ship components (costs, effects, etc.)
  • Add some different troop types (dependent on tect advances).

The best way to allow so much moddability would be to have these things exposed in plain text files (or maybe spreadsheets?), so that they can be altered. This would allow different variants of the game to be created by fans and distributed. I think this would add a lot of longevity to this game design.

Andrew

PS: Since this is a wishlist thread, I should add that I have a soft spot for carriers/fighters as well. Perhaps something to consider for an expansion.

(in reply to Shark7)
Post #: 325
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 4/13/2010 2:13:12 PM   
Igard

Just an idea. Don't know if this would be problematic to implement, but here it is...

When construction of ships is completed, instead of the ships automating and flying off into the unkown, why not have them line up next to one another in rows of, say, 5 or 6?

This would allow us to organize our fleets better.

EDIT: just realised, deanco2 posted something similar above.

< Message edited by Igard -- 4/13/2010 2:16:59 PM >

(in reply to Andrew Brown)
Post #: 326
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 4/13/2010 2:45:05 PM   
HsojVvad

Can we change how planets, stars and moons look in the editor? There are some planets I would love to change the look of, but I can't. Espically my home planet, and if in a moon, I can't change the gas giant to look different or the sun. (sorry if I asked this before, been sick for a week, and still am.)

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 327
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 4/13/2010 2:52:51 PM   
2guncohen

Unique Planets and moons should be possible.

(in reply to HsojVvad)
Post #: 328
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 4/13/2010 3:01:33 PM   
HsojVvad

I love the spy game in 4X games. Either I am missing something and I don't see it, or it's not in the game. Can we have techs that give you bonuses to make better spies and better defenisve spies?

Also what about techs that increase the colonies? Maybe faster birth rates, or sky scrappers or space cities so we can have bigger populations. I don't like the idea of hospitals or the money thingy on star bases to make planets more efficient. See I don't even know the name of the money thingy that makes more money for the colony. I can understand putting them on star bases, but it still makes the colonies and planets naked. I want to develop my planets. I want to but missle bases and fighter bases on my planets and colonies to give them bonuses for ground combat defence. I would love to put in planetary shields on planets and then have spies to be able to disable them.

How about having diplomats like in the spy game, to be able to bribe units. I loved I could do this in Civ II. I liked how that was done in Call 2 power. I miss those features and never seen them in a Space 4X game. Maybe diplomats would have a better chance at converting planets but not being spies have a greater chance of being caught.

How about in the spy game, the first time going agaisnt an alien race we only have the % chance of success, but when complete, either by success or failur, then next time we send a mission to that race we get the % chance of success and % chance of getting caught? We are given alot of information in the game, why can't we have a % chance of getting caught as well. How about a slider that increases the chance of catching spies, but also lowers the happiness of the population?

How about automation for different colonies? It's either they are all automated or none of them. Once thing I like in the Civ games and Call 2 Power games I can let the AI control the cities I wanted so I only focused on a few that I wanted. So in the late game, I can automate say 85% of my colonies and only worry about the few I want focus on. Also give us options where the AI should automate. Eg no military ships being made, focus on research ships or what not.

(in reply to HsojVvad)
Post #: 329
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 4/13/2010 3:02:40 PM   
Pymous

New feature:

When a civilzation own a planet with more than an alien race, a possibility to "Expulse Aliens to their Homeland". So some aliens ships will be created and this alien population will travel to their "original" alien capitale. This need to cost a lot of money and take some time.
Advantages:
- Reduce war weariness on this planet if you plan to declar war to them or if you already are at war with them
- Roleplay ^^

Disadvantage:
- Lost the "bonus" associated with the Aliens in the empire population.(eg: %Research bonus)
- Reputation lost
- Lost income (population has decreased, it's mechanical)

What do you think of this?

< Message edited by Pymous -- 4/13/2010 3:03:53 PM >

(in reply to 2guncohen)
Post #: 330
Page:   <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> RE: Master Wishlist Thread Page: <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI