Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> 1792 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1792 - 4/15/2010 9:19:04 PM   
easterner

1792-Soli-FR-HARD

Fr declares on Genoa, Corsica. Revolutionary troops head for nearby Au territory.

PR & Au start stacked on capitals. Pr content to nibble on minors. Au retakes lost territories, Fr takes them back with aid of Bavaria. Initial Aus armies return blooded to Vienna. Fr consolidates over the winter. Pr camp on the Rhine.

Furor Teutonicus breaks on the Rhine. Revolutionary forces are thrashed and pushed into retreat. Munich sieged, Nuremberg retaken, Swabia garrisoned and all that in March/April!

Turkey attacks Palestine.

Rs & Eng sits and watches. Poland & Sweden neutral.
Post #: 1
RE: 1792 - 4/16/2010 4:09:41 AM   
easterner

Played to end of '93 will start over shortly.

Fr gained control of Italy less Sp Naples, Parma and Venitia (AU must have hit INSTAB.

Fr gained Flanders/Lux. They plus Nuremberg, Austrian Rhine province across from Strasboug as well as Bavaria changed hands 2-5 times each and nationality.

Turks somehow gained control of Saxony and with Sax Corps conquered an adjacent minor.

Turks took Palestine.

No sign of Hessian or Hanover Corps though Brits kept both as free states.
Brits did nothing, put all ships into 2 fleets blockading 2 Fr Atlan. Fleets left Med empty, left Dover crossing sea-zone open but for Brit Corps in Dover.

Rs put 1 Corps over Finn border, no attacks. Entire army at St Pete's

The new leaders are un-clickable and don't show as attached on the Corps piece. But they do work. May be install error so retrying. (YUP they work in 2nd try)

The campaign notes aren't read-me so unable to access. Not covered in Install instructions.

Nappy has 3 counters. Promotion rules needed. (anyone?) they may be in C-Notes...but....
My GENERAL is in storage, found nothing on web though I think they are around somewhere.

The 3 Nappy counters (if the AI doesn't deploy all 3 at once!!!!) might resolve Port/Han training by giving each country 2 counters with players subbing proper version. Again needs honesty and AI not deploying them.

(in reply to easterner)
Post #: 2
RE: 1792 - 4/16/2010 4:34:14 AM   
easterner

Start of 2nd game

No free minors are deployed! To counteract some of the AI's worst features the game needs pre-set OB for each nation.

(in reply to easterner)
Post #: 3
RE: 1792 - 4/16/2010 12:32:49 PM   
easterner

http://members.fortunecity.com/lobodeoro080888/eia/scenarios.html

Interesting scenario page. Found promotion rules in '96 campaign.

In '92 campaign all leaders available at start, not sure why but Year said there were editor problems.

I assume no Vendee Revolt as no rules for that in Marshall version.

No guillotine rule either THANKFULLY!!!! Always felt it was too overblown.

< Message edited by easterner -- 4/16/2010 12:40:00 PM >

(in reply to easterner)
Post #: 4
RE: 1792 - 4/16/2010 1:47:29 PM   
Yearworld

Thanks for testing out the single player version of the game Easterner.

Here is a text file(at bottom of post) you can read for the rules.

Yes the leader start times are a major problem in an AI game. The AI will employ all of his leaders whenever it wants because the editor won't allow me to keep them off the map until a later date.

I also noticed the no deployment of minors by the AI. I will work on making some setups to include with the game so that these minor nation forces will be set up.

Due to these and other AI problems I never really intended the game to be single player against AI but just a PBEM game. But I will work on gettting some setups for the AIs so that it can be played a little better as a single player.

Thanks again Easterner.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Yearworld -- 4/16/2010 1:48:15 PM >

(in reply to easterner)
Post #: 5
RE: 1792 - 4/16/2010 1:55:52 PM   
Dancing Bear

Some way to have leaders expire and be replaced with new ones would help here. A related issue to this has come up before for some time dependent items, like British training, increases to the Prussian corps strategic values, and the Napoleon's degrading military skills. These rules add some flavour to the game.

Maybe for the Vendee revolution (and for an Irish revolt), Marshall can take Year's 1792 scenarioas a base, and modify the existing guerilla rules.

I'm guessing Marshall will say this is not a priority, but it would be a worthy addition. It is another one where it might be worth paying some extra dollars for.

(in reply to easterner)
Post #: 6
RE: 1792 - 4/16/2010 3:04:18 PM   
Marshall Ellis

It would be a priority DB. Just not a high one right now ;-)

Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

(in reply to Dancing Bear)
Post #: 7
RE: 1792 - 4/16/2010 5:35:07 PM   
easterner

It actually played well solitaire.

The pace of war was not as fast back then nor anywhere near as fast as gamers make it. The weak position Fr is in gives a player a better survivability than real players do. I recall my Fr Strategy in '92 was to get their biggest milquetoast player to fold and take my Conditional surrender getting rid of one pest nation.

(in reply to Marshall Ellis)
Post #: 8
RE: 1792 - 4/16/2010 6:42:54 PM   
easterner

Note: Add Yearworld to Official Enemies List.

Thanks to your data file I just handed $93 to the Saxons who then promptly threw it in the Elbe, thanks.

(in reply to easterner)
Post #: 9
RE: 1792 - 4/17/2010 1:39:05 AM   
Yearworld

What happened easterner? French Agriculture Problems?

By the way, I made some AI setups that aren't all that great but at least the AI major powers will now use only the proper generals at the beginning(although I am sure they will cheat later) and they have their minor corps on the board. French Levee is also partially fixed so that the AI won't put too much militia in corps at the beginning. Keep in mind its just opening setups for AI so it won't kick in until you begin a new game.

Link to AI Setups:
www.sendspace.com/file/hnhb7j
Thanks,

Yearworld

< Message edited by Yearworld -- 4/17/2010 1:40:40 AM >

(in reply to easterner)
Post #: 10
RE: 1792 - 4/17/2010 4:33:27 AM   
easterner

Yup rolled a 3 twice despite +1 DOM Zone.

Might want to ask Marschall if way to set Generals by dates

I'll restart with new OB at some later point.

Thanks for your hard work.

(in reply to Yearworld)
Post #: 11
RE: 1792 - 4/17/2010 1:46:46 PM   
Yearworld

Easterner don't forget French Agricultural disruption only happens 1 time a year on the French Economic turn.

I've asked Marshall about ways to set Generals by dates and he says it isn't possible.

Thanks Easterner

Yearworld

(in reply to easterner)
Post #: 12
RE: 1792 - 4/17/2010 9:55:28 PM   
easterner

Yes I went through 3 Sept turns in 1st game.

Started 3rd game with revised start-ups last night but new War in Europe is distracting me.

(in reply to Yearworld)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> 1792 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI