Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Master Wishlist Thread

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> RE: Master Wishlist Thread Page: <<   < prev  12 13 [14] 15 16   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 4/18/2010 3:11:54 AM   
Warspite3

I am sure this has been already added to the wish list but if not... please add a selection in diplomacy trade to increase by more the just 10,000 max. I have over $1,000,000 deals going back and forth and having to click 10,000 numerous times is tedious. Also, a max value selection would be good so you can enter the max value for the tech you are trying to buy. For example if a tech is listed as (552,485) you can click once to enter this value.

-Warspite3-

(in reply to Cheet4h)
Post #: 391
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 4/18/2010 3:14:23 AM   
Machaon

Dear Santa,

I wish for better ship control. Fleet control is currently horrendous; control of multiple ships that aren't in a fleet is even worse. When selecting multiple ships a player should be able to give them the same orders as if they were a single ship. In both fleets and multi-ship selections, the player should be able to deselect a ship from the group while keeping the others selected (say by shift-clicking the little icon for the ship you want to deselect). It would be nice to also be able to select all ships of a certain type (with a ctrl-click for example) from a selected group/fleet. For example, the fleet consists of various military ships and some troop transports; I should be able to ctrl-click one of the troop transports. This would select the transports and deselect all other ships, so that I can give orders to the transports. Conversely, I should be able to shift click each transport to deselect them and give orders to everything else (ctrl-shift-click to deselect all transports at once would be great!). The same functionality should be added to the physical ships as well, not just the little icons.

Also, for this to work, the selection window needs to have a scroll bar added so that you can scroll it to see all ships. With the scroll bar added, everything in this window can be enlarged, including font and icons, since it would be less room restrictive. (I've had instances where not all information could be seen, like troop count at a colony, already).

Troops drive me crazy. They take way too long to train. I think they should be trainable in batches of up to 3-5. Training time should remain the same in this case. Otherwise it needs to be hurried up. As is, it's quicker to take a transport on a colony-hopping spree that spans the galaxy to pick up 5 troops than it is to wait for 5 to be trained at one.

On the subject of troops, I had an interesting thing happen in a game - I refer to it as the "Ryluth 3 incident" (2771.04.21, never forget). Myself and another empire (we were neutral to each other) were attacking the colony of a third empire at the same time. I decided to do a quick troop landing amidst the chaos, but just before I landed my troops, this other empire, "The Slukis Collective", managed to land a troop or two of their own. I ultimately landed way more troops than they did, but when it was all said and done, the colony went to the Slukis Collective, screwing me out of what eventually went on to become one of the most prestigious colonies in the galaxy and sending me into a fit of rage (I had worked hard to get this colony; it had been a long term goal). I also lost all those troops I dropped. The troops should have had a three-way free-for-all with the victor getting the spoils! I guess troops are flagged as "defending" and "attacking", with ownership being ignored. This situation isn't likely to present itself very often so probably isn't an essential fix, but boy did it suck.

The interface - do the devs have something against checkboxes, right-click menus, wheel scrolling, and tabs? These things are all way underused. Lack of right mouse button functionality is especially befuddling. Did a right mouse button kill someone's dog when they were a kid er something? Literally no menu in the game has any right mouse functionality. Not a one.

- You know that fancy mouse-over that occurs on the main screen when you hover over pretty much any object? Why doesn't that also work in the game menus? If I hover my mouse over an entry in the colony screen, that same window should come up; same in the ships and bases menu, and possibly others. Also, this mouse-over should not appear for the object that is selected, as it'd get in the way.

- Same with the right-click menu. Right-clicking a ship in the ships and bases menu should bring up the same menu as would right clicking the same ship/base in the main screen (at 100% zoom). Same with colonies and possibly others.

- Right mouse button can be used to counter the left mouse button. You know the icons to either side of the selection window? One side cycles forward, the other backwards. Well, utilizing the right mouse button, you can make left-clicking go forward/backward, and right clicking backward/forward. This way, you can get rid of some icons and possibly enlarge the selection window, or just reduce the size of the HUD.

- Right-click on icons for options. Prime example; the "Ships and Bases" button. Let me right click on this and select my filter BEFORE I open the menu so I don't have to wait for it to populate all 80,000 ships and bases (which should really be separate anyway!).

- I would like an item added to right-click menus when right-clicking an object called "properties", or "see details". This should bring up a properties screen with detailed information about the object. One thing that must be included here is information on stored cargo/resources if applicable, as well as resources set to be used in the construction queue. This window should show as much information as could ever be needed about the object though. With tabbing, you could eliminate many of the menus in game. For example, opening the properties screen for a space port. There should be a tab showing the construction queue, with all the functionally of the current construction menu (well, except better, because the construction menu is probably the most dysfunctional menu in the game right now). This should only apply to individual objects. Right-clicking a fleet, for example, would maybe bring up an option to open the fleet manager.

- Checkboxes. There are many instances where drop-down menus are used in places where checkboxes would be better. The best example is in the galaxy map screen. The filter here sucks. It doesn't actually "filter" anything, but rather highlights the selected. This is dumb. Instead, the filter should be a series of checkboxes. If "Our Enemies" is checked, it should show them. Checking both "Our Enemies" and "Our Colonies" would show both. This is, in my opinion, how a filter should work, and should be applied to most filters in the game (the filters in the design management screen perhaps being an exception).

- On the subject of the galaxy map screen, the ability to find an object here is essential. Frankly, this screen is of little use without it. My idea is either a dropdown list, or, preferably, a scrollable list to the side, which contains every system known to you in alphabetical order. You could then expand a selected system to see its corresponding planets, and those should be expandable to see their moons. The crosshairs should move to what you have selected. The only thing about this, is that the list could become gargantuan, so I dunno. I think it would work though.

- Add checkboxes to the selection window. You know that blue arrow that indicates a ship is currently automated? Get rid of it and put a working checkbox. The auto-refuel addition that's coming? Checkbox. Again, for this to work, a scroll bar must be added to the selection window. These checkboxes should be present for individual ships, fleets, and multi-selections as long as these attributes are applicable to all selected objects.

Mousewheel - Any and all menus, windows, lists, and anything else that has a scroll bar/scroll arrows should make use of the mouse wheel. I'm not sure how others feel, but drop down menus should NOT use the mouse wheel I don't think.

Paused means paused! - I'm surprised I have seen no mention of this. Perhaps I am the only one to whom this happens, or maybe I am alone in the fact that it infuriates me to no end. When I pause the game for whatever reason, I am immediately and invariably blasted with pop-ups. This also happens when I open a menu screen, but usually to a lesser degree. The instant I pause, something is attacked by a kaltor, a colony gets founded, two others rebel, a spy gets caught, my political advisor tells me I should declare war on three different empires for no apparent reason and slap a trade sanction on another, two empires try to sell me something and two more tell me to get my military ships out of some system that I probably colonized first. Some of these things cause the game to unpause when closed (THIS SHOULD NEVER HAPPEN), and so I have to pause again, and the whole thing repeats! I usually have to pause two or three times before it sticks. I have seen things pop up when the game pauses to save! STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT!!

There has got to be a menu screen added that informs you of the condition of your economy. Total resources for your entire empire should be noted as well as a breakdown for each base, and colony. Or something. I haven't really brainstormed this, but there's gotta be something!

There is a breakdown of racial populations for each colony, I've noticed. I would like to see an empire-wide breakdown in the empire summary window. If there's no room, don't be afraid to add tabs or a scroll bar. These things are not evil. Actually, the economy summary could be a tab in the empire summary window.

I wish I could limit the amount of certain ships/bases/whatever that the AI could build. The AI in one game made about 100 troop transports. I will never need 100 troop transports. Ever.

Limitations on ship designs. Placing limits on ship/base designs now will cause a bit of a ruckous since the game was released without them, but they really need to exist. A frigate with a size of 650, 2000 firepower and 12000 shields is not a frigate. Without size limitations, the ship classes are pointless. The fact that bases can be as big as a person's imagination is a bit silly. It needs a hard limit. These limitations should be fairly generous and only apply to size, but they need to exist, and the AI needs to be aware of them.

The auto-save files need to be time-stamped in real world time. As is, the only way to see which is the most recent is to have windows tell me which is the most recently created.

Randomization - I'm a big fan of randomization. I'd like the ability to randomize more pre-game options. About the only things I would probably never randomize is the star count and research speed (which needs to be slowed down by the way).

Moon names - It's been mentioned many times in the thread, but it can't be said enough, moon names are ridiculous. You know how they say you can't please everyone? Well, I believe that in adapting the common sense Sol 3a format you would come closer than anyone ever has.

Some of the base sprites are bigger than the moon sprites they get built on. This makes it impossible to click on a colony. Someone suggested that bases should be built slightly off to the side, this would easily solve this.

(in reply to Cheet4h)
Post #: 392
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 4/18/2010 8:06:14 AM   
lostsm

small-tiny galaxies. i love MM but even in the dwarf size there is too much management. 25-50 stars, 5-10 opponents, duke it out in that please thanks

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 393
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 4/18/2010 9:50:13 AM   
Fishman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Machaon

Troops drive me crazy. They take way too long to train. I think they should be trainable in batches of up to 3-5. Training time should remain the same in this case. Otherwise it needs to be hurried up. As is, it's quicker to take a transport on a colony-hopping spree that spans the galaxy to pick up 5 troops than it is to wait for 5 to be trained at one.
The problem isn't the training time it takes to train them, the problem is the AI's somewhat lax attitude to training them at all, which means that even with the auto-recruiter on, there are NOT ENOUGH unless you go and MANUALLY visit each of your many colonies and manually recruit them by the hundreds, which means thousands of clicks. There needs to be some high-level control for specifying the standard colonial defenses, so I can say that I want a minimum of X troops per planet, no if-ands-or-buts, and it will just tell me how much this policy is going to cost me so I can approve it.

quote:

On the subject of troops, I had an interesting thing happen in a game - I refer to it as the "Ryluth 3 incident" (2771.04.21, never forget). Myself and another empire (we were neutral to each other) were attacking the colony of a third empire at the same time.
See, THIS is why I just indiscriminately kill everything on sight. The more you play this game, the more attractive the Eternal Doctrine becomes.

(in reply to Machaon)
Post #: 394
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 4/18/2010 11:29:12 AM   
Sliverine

when i find the time (and motivation) i will continue adding to my compilation starting from page 11 all the way to whatever page is last.

you guys cld check the compilation first before posting to see if your post is already reflected

(in reply to Fishman)
Post #: 395
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 4/18/2010 11:59:57 AM   
Igard

This is more of a supposition than a wish. On the subject of colonizing. My gripe is not just colonizing inside others star systems, but colonizing systems inside anothers empire.

So, having borders set for each empire is a solution, but could make the game boring if everyone respects each others border. Not to mention it would be a huge undertaking for the developers.

Ruling that out, there are other alternatives to reduce (it needs to be a significant reduction) the number of enemy controlled systems inside my empire.

2 alternatives that I can think of:-

1. Systems inside another empires territory are made more restless. They can easily turn alleigance because of there close proximity to another empires culture. This should be easy to implement since colonies inside other empires star systems can defect already.

2. A distance from home world penalty, or even better, a distance from nearest system penalty. This would make initial colonization fail and the development of the system extremely hard. Distance from home world would limit the games scale, so I would prefer a penalty for distance from nearest system/colony. This would mean that empires will try to expand in a more sensible fashion rather than having one colony sectors away on the other side of the galaxy, then another colony right in the middle of a hostle empire.

(in reply to Sliverine)
Post #: 396
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 4/18/2010 8:06:15 PM   
Igard

This thread's pretty quiet today.

Tiny little request. Could pirate ships be given more ragged, manky, unkempt look? Some of the ships (especially some of the mod creations) are just too clean and shiny looking for pirates to hit about in.

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 397
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 4/18/2010 8:12:39 PM   
Astorax

lol, yeah, more of a "Reaver" feel to them, yeah?

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 398
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 4/18/2010 8:55:59 PM   
Igard

Woa, astorax, not quite as excessive as that. I meant just a spot of rust here and there.

Might be a nice touch if they could add different levels of decay. The not-so powerful pirates could have slightly rusty ships all the way up to the completely and utterly insane pirates who adorn there ships with the carcasses of murdered freighter crews (like the reavers).

Shouldn't be too hard to implement this right? Just use the same method as the damage on the ship images.

(in reply to Astorax)
Post #: 399
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 4/19/2010 12:32:25 AM   
Andrew Brown

Just to add a couple of things (maybe listed already?):

• Have an even slower "super slow" tech advance option (or make the tech advance rates accessible and changeable).
  • Have a "low tech" start option, with smaller ship sizes and no, or at least a very minimal set of, ships designed or built at the game start.
  • Lower rates of population growth, although I think this is already possible by editing files (?).
  • An option for higher build and maintenance costs, resulting in fewer ships/bases in play.

My preference is for games played at a slower pace, and all of these options go in that direction. Just my personal preference. They could be implemented as in-game options, or it would be easier to make them moddable (by having values in text files, for example).

Andrew

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 400
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 4/19/2010 1:12:07 AM   
HsojVvad

I would like an option as Andrew suggested but not that slow I like slow research but not slow as molasesses in January. I would like to start with nothing and having to research almost everything For that to happen we would need to have be able to make ships without FTL devices as well. Maybe call it Inter Solar Drives so they just work inside a solar system but not outside it

Also I would like that the Major Empires are dispersed better. Opening up the editor I have noticed that in almost ever case, you have an upper or lower filled galaxy. Where 85% of the Major Races are in one half of the galaxy and there is hardly no Majors or none at all in the other half of the galaxies. I don't like starting a game, and I already have contact with 3 races already. Maybe we can have an option to start with contact or no contact with races at the begining of the game.

(in reply to Andrew Brown)
Post #: 401
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 4/19/2010 2:44:33 AM   
Fishman

quote:

Some of the base sprites are bigger than the moon sprites they get built on. This makes it impossible to click on a colony. Someone suggested that bases should be built slightly off to the side, this would easily solve this.
The base sprites ARE built off to the side, often. There are caveats to this: First, a base built off to the side is that much less efficient at defending the planet, because there is this giant blind spot where the base's weapons cannot reach, allowing opponents to get that much closer without being turned into dust. Secondly, if the base is enormous enough, it won't help.

(in reply to Machaon)
Post #: 402
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 4/19/2010 4:48:07 AM   
Axefire

It would be nice if a fleet can retrofit utilizing all the star-bases system-wide instead of all ships queuing in one star-base. Maybe issue an order "retrofit at a star-system." This is similar to "patrol a star-system" not only a planet, moon or star-base.

(in reply to 4xfan)
Post #: 403
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 4/19/2010 5:08:19 AM   
Axefire

quote:

Paused means paused! - I'm surprised I have seen no mention of this. Perhaps I am the only one to whom this happens, or maybe I am alone in the fact that it infuriates me to no end. When I pause the game for whatever reason, I am immediately and invariably blasted with pop-ups. This also happens when I open a menu screen, but usually to a lesser degree. The instant I pause, something is attacked by a kaltor, a colony gets founded, two others rebel, a spy gets caught, my political advisor tells me I should declare war on three different empires for no apparent reason and slap a trade sanction on another, two empires try to sell me something and two more tell me to get my military ships out of some system that I probably colonized first. Some of these things cause the game to unpause when closed (THIS SHOULD NEVER HAPPEN), and so I have to pause again, and the whole thing repeats! I usually have to pause two or three times before it sticks. I have seen things pop up when the game pauses to save! STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT!!

I agree, this is the most irritating facet of the game.

It is most irritating when a race offers an exchange of colonies/mining station (while PAUSED) and I am about to click approval, then all of a sudden it is replaced with another message like war declaration (or anything else). And poof, the offer is gone irrevocably. Going into the diplomacy screen will not help, the race offering the trade will not accept exactly the same exchange anymore.

(in reply to Machaon)
Post #: 404
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 4/19/2010 8:40:18 AM   
Bloodly

A little thing:

If a ship has a cargo hold for whatever reason(Freighter, resupply ship, etc.), show what's in it in the little selection box. It'd be nice, plus it'd help to know when working with supply ships how many 'refills' of it's fuel tank (and thus how much it can give to others) it has left. As it is now, you're guessing.

(in reply to Axefire)
Post #: 405
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 4/19/2010 2:17:21 PM   
Okim

Add an ability to see what enemy ships are carrying. This will be extremely helpful when dealing with enemy supply lines.

The other wish is to have a adjustable size of the galaxy, not just 10X10 sectors (or how much is it now). There could be a bar of some sort in new game options that would allow player to manually configure this size or this could be strictly connected to the number of stars. The more stars - the more sectors your galaxy will have. Currently it is not interesting and some times even problematic to play 1400 galaxies due to extremely packed star clusters.

(in reply to Bloodly)
Post #: 406
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 4/19/2010 2:21:03 PM   
Okim

quote:

Going into the diplomacy screen will not help, the race offering the trade will not accept exactly the same exchange anymore.

There is a 'question' marker in diplomacy screen near the race that has something to offer you. Not sure if this also works with diplomatic trade - i`ve seen only requests of peace so far :)

(in reply to Okim)
Post #: 407
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 4/19/2010 2:26:38 PM   
Okim

quote:

Someone suggested that bases should be built slightly off to the side, this would easily solve this.

You can build a starbase even beyond the borders of a planet by selecting your colony and right-clicking on any spot you wish the base to be built. It works great for setting a defence perimeter around the planet and allows colonies to be selected even if you have 1000+ starbase there. For some reason there is one spot (left-top) that will always reset the construction site of the starbase you were trying to set there to the center of the colony.

(in reply to Okim)
Post #: 408
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 4/19/2010 2:27:22 PM   
SiempreCiego

2 more ideas.

Area of influence. I know with the latest patch, AI empires should be less likely to colonise you systems. But what is to stop them colonising hte system right next door. Or you build a staging post right outside the boudary of their system. There should be an area of influence exteding out from your controlled systems/starbases.
And if 2 areas of influence meet, it should become a 'neutral zone' similar to Birth of the Federation.

Second idea, why not make all the planets/gas giants larger? No saying it should all be to scale, but at least if i build a large space port, resort base and something else it does totally hide the planet. Imaging if a normal planet was the current size of a gas giant with mutliple starbases and ships coming and going.!

(in reply to Okim)
Post #: 409
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 4/19/2010 2:46:30 PM   
Gerth

If pirates are going to autospawn our latest ship designs, let's at least make it interesting. Maybe they only grab the design after

1) capturing a vessel in battle

2) capturing a scientist/engineer (pirates should be able to spy just as other empires do)

3) the black market (dunno what the mechanic would be)

Then there would be a certain roll-out period as the new ships come on line. This would be less annoying and immersion bursting than the current Oblivion equivalent of bandits popping up with daedric armor and shivs.

Addendum: I concur with the area of influence mechanic idea. Also, a mechanic/need for establishing outposts would be interesting.

(in reply to SiempreCiego)
Post #: 410
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 4/19/2010 2:53:21 PM   
SiempreCiego

If there are any large scale changes to be made I would love to see a re-working of the whole colonisable planet bit. You can start a game as the humans who have managed to build a large free-floating space station and built ships that can span lightyears. Yet desert or marshy planets cause humans difficulty! Huamns currently live in deserts and swamps!   May instead these worlds should be colonisable from the start, but require specific resources (desert need water imported for example). Same applies for volcanic, barren, etc…

Post #: 411
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 4/19/2010 2:58:01 PM   
Gerth

Someone upstream mentioned a desire to rescale the ships v planets. That would be a nice -- either manually or just a hardcoded shrinking. Right now, they are a pretty obnoxious cluster around planets and in battles.

Post #: 412
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 4/19/2010 2:58:58 PM   
SiempreCiego

More orbital related tech. Orbital factories to increase productivity Large space mirror to cool/warm planets making them more habitable Civilian space station to increase population sizes around those worlds.   These sort of things would make planets more usable, but also create targets during attacks. So for example, maybe you have colonised a volcanic worlds, and over the years with your space mirrors have made the planet ‘continental’ with 5 billion pop. Suddenly your attacked, beat off the enemy but they destroyed your space infrastructure. With the space mirrors the planet slowly (or quickly) starts to revert to its original state. Causing a huge exodus of people, death toll, etc…

Post #: 413
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 4/19/2010 3:00:24 PM   
SiempreCiego

Hi Gerth,

sorry for any duplication.
Its hard to keep track of what everyone has posted.

Post #: 414
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 4/19/2010 3:09:56 PM   
Matman

[req]Save filtering options so that when you go back to any list screen (ships, colonies etc..) will re-read itself from last selected filter and not have to reread the full list (which becomes slow on bigger galaxies).

< Message edited by Matman -- 4/19/2010 3:11:42 PM >

Post #: 415
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 4/19/2010 3:25:16 PM   
SiempreCiego

default naming list.
I know everyone has complained about moons being names EG5678 or what have you.
But that does not seem natural to me if a worlds/planet is refered to as 3a

Astronamers name everything they can see in real life, whether moon/planet/gas giant so why not have a list of X amount of names?

I'm sure you have enough supporters on here to easily compile several thousand names.

(in reply to Matman)
Post #: 416
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 4/19/2010 3:31:11 PM   
SiempreCiego

ohhh.
how about instead of build defence bases around a world have the option of converting one of hte moons (if it has any) into fortresses for defence!

Post #: 417
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 4/19/2010 3:46:19 PM   
Okim

Name moons like 'SYSTEM_NAME PLANET_NUMBER LETTER (in alphabetical order)'. Much like in SE series.

For example: Sol 3 A or Sol 5 C etc. In this way everybody will clearly understand what system a moon belongs to.

Post #: 418
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 4/19/2010 3:50:19 PM   
Shark7

A branch of research for the chassis that gives you say a Corvette, PG, Escort to start with and goes up from there, in the following order. This would also be highly beneficial to differentiate the various chasses as each chasses type could have a componant cap based on space available:

PG - Patrol Gunboat. Smallest ship capable of performing the system patrol mission. 100 Componant Space -20% cost
FFL- Corvette. Slightly larger than the PG, Able to perform a similar mission for a higher cost. 150 Componant Space. -10% cost
FF - Frigate. Standard Frigate, 200 Componant Space. Base Cost
DE - Destroyer Escort. Fills the escort roles of the fleet. 250 Component Space. +10% Cost
DD - Destroyer. 300 Component space. +20% cost
CL - Light Cruiser. 350 Component space. +30% Cost
CA - Heavy Cruiser. 400 Component space. + 40% cost
CB - Large Cruiser. 450 Component Space. + 50% cost
BC - Battle Cruiser. 500 Component Space. + 60 % cost
BB - Battleship. 550 Component Space. + 70% cost
BBB- Super Battleship. 600+ Component Space. +80% cost

Obviously, the larger it is, the more expensive it is. And not just from components added...there should be a modifier for price on each chasses type that makes building all Super Battleships next to impossiblt. I'd say make the frigate the base at 0% modifier with the FFL being a -10% and PG being -20%, and starting at DE up, 10% incrase each level. This cost modifier applies ot the base costs and component costs, reducing or increasing the overall cost...Basically, a BBB with the exact same components as a FF will cost 80% more.

You could also introduce a fighter class with a series of Carrier Classes. this would probably require some new components as well.

Carrier types:

CVE - Escort Carrier. Light Carrier, small number of fighters.
CVL - Light Carrier. ~33% larger than CVE.
CVA - Attack Carrier. ~66% larger than CVE.
CV - Fleet Carrier. ~99% larger than CVE.
CVB - Large Fleet Carrier ~133% larger than CVE.
[/code]

Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'

Post #: 419
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 4/19/2010 4:36:43 PM   
Fishman

There's no such thing as a "chassis" in DW. Ships are all built free-form, and the only thing that differentiates ships from each other is defined roles which carry mandatory equipment requirements needed to fulfill that role, and whatever else you care to staple onto it. Of course, allowing a player to define his own "free-form" roles by typing a new role name into a box would be nice. But all that other stuff is too SE-like and not really DW's style. A ship is defined by its parts and its role, not by some arbitrary chassis rules.

(in reply to Shark7)
Post #: 420
Page:   <<   < prev  12 13 [14] 15 16   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> RE: Master Wishlist Thread Page: <<   < prev  12 13 [14] 15 16   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI