Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

I´ve found a pretty funny forum...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> I´ve found a pretty funny forum... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
I´ve found a pretty funny forum... - 7/20/2002 1:09:22 AM   
ananias

...check it out:

http://forums.dayofdefeatmod.com/forums/

Especially take a look at the Military History- and WW2 Movies and books-sections.

It´s a bit like Matrix forums...but with more teenagers. A lot of ´em, in fact. You have been warned.

"Man shouldn't have to live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise." -Spike.
Post #: 1
- 7/20/2002 4:59:01 AM   
Huskalator

The game is really fun...

SW Episode 2:Good movie, bad love story

Happiness is the only good. The time to be happy is now. The place to be happy is here. The way to be happy is to make others so.

(in reply to ananias)
Post #: 2
- 7/20/2002 7:06:02 AM   
Brigz

I checked out the Dayofdefeatmod forum and left quickly when I read what one of the forum administrators wrote. He said that Desert Storm is the cutoff point for discussions. Now what the hades is that supposed to mean? Sounds a little too PC for me.

“You're only young once but you can be immature for as long as you want”

(in reply to ananias)
Post #: 3
- 7/20/2002 7:19:40 AM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

Looks like a Day of Defeat love in, but then I suppose Matrix could have been called a Steel Panthers obsessed forum before the big expansion too.

Still it looks like they are wanting to concentrate on relevant topics, and seem dedicated to eliminating nasty posts and anything that is current affairs/political commentary in nature. Nothing wrong there, just maybe doomed to being to insular in interest range (but I applaud them personally for trashing any chance of their version of Art of War).

The forums being somewhat current game deisgn only intensive will predictably be younger crowd intensive, so Matrix's geriatric crowd might not enjoy it much, I know I didn't feel to comfortable just scanning the place (I often find teens hard to hang out with).

Anyone that is into the Art of War here, won't have any success enjoying there whatsoever (so don't say I didn't warn you, AoW guys).

If you are not into the Day of Defeat game, you probably won't find yourself going there twice. Not that it's a bad site, but Day of Defeat is what it is.

I LIKE that my life bothers them,
Why should I be the only one bothered by it eh.

(in reply to ananias)
Post #: 4
- 7/20/2002 8:32:37 AM   
Brigz

I didn't mean to sound as if I didn't like the site. I read several of the topics and found some of them to be very entertaining, especially the discussion/squabble about Market Garden. I even had the urge to jump in but didn't want to go through the registration process.

I can understand not wanting to get bogged down with the current war on terrorism, but eleven years seems like a long time to restrict discussion of military events. Chechnya, Somalia, Pakistan/India, Bosnia/Serbia, US/China/Taiwan, just to name a few major topics in the last eleven years. If they can discuss Desert Storm, why not these? Just seemed a bit heavy handed to me, but then maybe the forum administrators think these "teens" (and I really couldn't tell if they were) need a heavy hand. But I thought most of the debaters, with a few exceptions, were mature and interesting. Besides, if most of these guys are teens, I'm very interested in what the youth of today have to say about military events. I think we all should be. And even though I'm an "old" guy, I'd go back to the site and read more.

“You're only young once but you can be immature for as long as you want”

(in reply to ananias)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> I´ve found a pretty funny forum... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI