Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Not sure what the AI is up to?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Not sure what the AI is up to? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Not sure what the AI is up to? - 4/22/2010 9:38:12 PM   
drillerman

I am at war with loads of empires and my large 1st fleet decide it is a good idea to zip half way across the galaxy to attack a destroyer!
I have drawn an arrow in the direction they are going. Here is a pic:

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by drillerman -- 4/22/2010 9:42:18 PM >

Huh?
Post #: 1
RE: Not sure what the AI is up to? - 4/22/2010 9:49:43 PM   
JonathanStrange

Err...revenge? A clever feint? The destroyer captain owes the First Fleet's Captain money?

The opinions expressed by JonathanStrange are solely those of JonathanStrange and do not reflect the opinions of Matrix Games, the forum members of Matrix Games, the forum moderators, or JonathanStrange.

(in reply to drillerman)
Post #: 2
RE: Not sure what the AI is up to? - 4/23/2010 1:48:10 AM   
taltamir

what happens is thus:
1. they are set to attack an enemy ship, maybe it was in your space killing your doods or somethings.
2. enemy ship warps out of system
3. your fleet follows, for as long as it needs to.

happened to me often...

I do not have a superman complex; for I am God, not Superman.

(in reply to JonathanStrange)
Post #: 3
RE: Not sure what the AI is up to? - 4/23/2010 10:09:15 AM   
sbach2o

Won't follow much longer... At least not very fast.

Selected ship in Drillerman's fleet is nearly out of fuel.

(in reply to taltamir)
Post #: 4
RE: Not sure what the AI is up to? - 4/23/2010 4:53:48 PM   
EisenHammer

I'm getting the same stupid crap also. I have my fleet and all my ships in my fleet under manual control. However, my fleet and all my ships in it do what ever they want, some go after enemy ships, some attack enemy bases, and some do what I tell them to do. However, I cannot get a fleet organize enough to attack because the ships in my fleet keep going on their own mission and getting damage or destroyed. This is starting to really piss me off. Why won’t they do what I F***ing tell them to do.

(in reply to sbach2o)
Post #: 5
RE: Not sure what the AI is up to? - 4/23/2010 6:18:19 PM   
Sliverine

you should turn the combat automation off. The automation sometimes automatically chooses targets and assigns missions to your fleets. Note: This is different from fleet AI which manages your formation and (maybe?) positioning of your fleets.

(in reply to EisenHammer)
Post #: 6
RE: Not sure what the AI is up to? - 4/23/2010 8:34:38 PM   
EisenHammer

Thanks I'll give it a try.

(in reply to Sliverine)
Post #: 7
RE: Not sure what the AI is up to? - 4/23/2010 9:18:58 PM   
EisenHammer

Nope ships still doing whatever they want.

Post #: 8
RE: Not sure what the AI is up to? - 4/23/2010 10:44:05 PM   
Sark

I think this cropped up in 1.04 as a result of trying to get the manually controlled ships to respond better to what is going on around them. I.E. prior to 1.04 only the ship that was being fired upon would return fire all the other ships in the fleet would just sit there even if they were all in range.

Now all the ships respond but I think they take too much initiative.

I was taking over a system with 4 planets and I didn't have quite enough troops and so had a couple ships on blockade for each planet while I gathered my troops. Only one of the planets was well defended so I was blockading the other 3. As my troops took each of the planets my ships jumped over and attacked the well defended planet and died since I wasn't expecting them to attack on their own.

I need to start shooting the captains of these ships who are not following orders.

I have also had a fleet that was manually controlled and ordered to attack a small starbase... destroy the starbase and then proceed to wipe out the entire system 8+ mining stations and gas mining stations before I checked back on them.

I think someone needs to take another look at the semi-automation for manually controlled fleets.

Post #: 9
RE: Not sure what the AI is up to? - 4/24/2010 5:25:08 AM   
EisenHammer

Your right Sark, that is part of the problem. And having queued orders for different ships in a fleet doesn't help either. Maybe they can add a clear all queued missions on the fleet screen and lower the semi-automation of manually controlled fleets to just the immediate area instead of the whole entire solar system. I will never organize a fleet in a contested system again until this is fix.

(in reply to Sark)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Not sure what the AI is up to? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI