Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Does anyone have a clue which is the next wargame to be released by Matrix?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Does anyone have a clue which is the next wargame to be released by Matrix? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Does anyone have a clue which is the next wargame to be... - 7/16/2002 7:11:17 PM   
U2

Hi

Seems they have so many in development but I dont have a clue which is inline to be first out. Does anyone know?
Dan

Post #: 1
- 7/16/2002 7:25:09 PM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

Surely you jest U2 heheh:)

Everyone has know for years, that wargame designers are always wrong when they tell you of expected release dates for wargames:D

Which would mean they would be quite unable to tell you exactly which game will appear next.

I LIKE that my life bothers them,
Why should I be the only one bothered by it eh.

(in reply to U2)
Post #: 2
- 7/16/2002 7:41:04 PM   
U2

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Les the Sarge 9-1
[B]Surely you jest U2 heheh:)

Everyone has know for years, that wargame designers are always wrong when they tell you of expected release dates for wargames:D

Which would mean they would be quite unable to tell you exactly which game will appear next. [/B][/QUOTE]

Hi

Yeah as a veteran wargamer I know this to be true. However I was not looking for a specific date just which one is closest to be out even if it was 10 years from being finished:) I guess my stupid thread is just showing my hunger for a new game eh. My passion for wargaming is at an all time high after UV.
Dan

(in reply to U2)
Post #: 3
- 7/21/2002 12:26:42 AM   
Mike C

As far as those based on WWII, Combat Leader. Perhaps as soon as Christmas 02, but from the tone of some of the designers, could possibly slip until summer '03.

My guess is that UV is doing well enough for them to take more time on CL and not feel the need to rush anything (thank God).

And as for any release date, every programmer in the business probably has the same bumper sticker on their cars, "It will be released when it's ready". If they abide by their own bumper sticker is, of course, entirely up to them. :)

Live by the sword, die with your boots on

(in reply to U2)
Post #: 4
- 7/21/2002 5:03:12 AM   
Spooky

I think Matrix will need to release at least one game before Christmas in order to pay their bills. Right now, UV is selling reasonably well but is still not a huge best-seller à la CM (cf Paul's post) - and all the other Matrix games must not bring a lot of money :(

Since the Christmas buying season is really a sales opportunity they can't afford to miss, I would not be surprised if Combat Leader and maybe Battlefields are scheduled to be available at that time.

The fact that Gary & Keith (2by3Games) are no longer really working on UV for at least 2 months in order to focus only on WITP seems to indicate that they are maybe also targeting a Christmas season for WITP (depends of the beta-testing results!)

Spooky

(in reply to U2)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Does anyone have a clue which is the next wargame to be released by Matrix? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI