Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: THE THREAD!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: THE THREAD!!! Page: <<   < prev  745 746 [747] 748 749   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/23/2010 12:12:15 AM   
AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mynok

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dixie

quote:

The THREAD never loiters,never lurks. You can't do those things and rule. And the THREAD DEFINATELY RULES!!!!

The Zionist-Communist Estra-Terrestrial Lizard-Human hybrids definately lurk. And if you believe the conspiracy theories they also rule the world from the shadows

What did you call me?

That's just Steve's long-winded term for Thread Brothers.

EXCUSE ME?!? That long winded terminology originated on the OTHER side of the Atlantic!

Thread forbid Yanks are ever longwinded.

The Californian defination of long winded: anyone who uses any word other than Dude. Of course Californians have been known to strech that same word out to six sylables!

(in reply to Onime No Kyo)
Post #: 22381
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/23/2010 12:13:09 AM   
AW1Steve

Two new pages in a row for me! And I wasn't spamming!

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 22382
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/23/2010 12:17:56 AM   
AW1Steve

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

quote:

quote:

We also don't have Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, Michelle Malkin or Ted Stevens. We're doomed, DOOMED!

I thought that you repudiated any political discussion on the Thread? I also notice that everyone that you listed came from the right side of the spectrum.Don't you dislike any center or left wing commenators/pols?

I didn't mention any because I don't know any. Other than Jon Stewart, of whom I am a fan.

As a non-political public service , I'll give some names of left or center commentators (or at any event, non-right wing). Chris Mathews,Joe Scarborough,Rachel Madden,Lou Dobbs,Tom Shales,Joy Behar,Bill Maher (yes, I know that he claims to be a humorist, but so is Jon Stewart) Keith Olberman and Anderson Cooper. I'll let you figure who stands where ,but you shouldn't have any trouble seeing video's of all of the above (I didn't list any print media) and there are many,many more. Just because FOX gets something like 75% of the American viewership, we should not forget that there at least 8-10 other networks out there.

I mention these , not as an endorsement (as a person entrenched firmly in the center I've not been able to recommend anyone since Harry Reasoner and Eric Severide passed on.) but just to make it easier to hear other opinons. If you'd like more, please feel free to E-mail me (my email is on the profile page, or find me as log in name at Yahoo.com).

Hate to tell you, but none of the people you named are particularly centrist or balanced. Its just more foamy-mouthed spin, from a slightly different perspective.

Of course they are not balanced! They are in the media! Even if they started out that way , they couldn't remain that way!

Here is the problem with the center: It varies with everyone looking at it! In otherwords, no two people have the same view of what is "moderate". My defination: When the liberal calls you a facist, and a few minutes later a conservative calls you a communist, then my guess is you are a moderate. At least that seems to work for me.

Post #: 22383
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/23/2010 12:20:37 AM   
USSAmerica

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

The THREAD never loiters,never lurks. You can't do those things and rule. And the THREAD DEFINATELY RULES!!!!

The Zionist-Communist Estra-Terrestrial Lizard-Human hybrids definately lurk. And if you believe the conspiracy theories they also rule the world from the shadows

What did you call me?

EXCUSE ME?!? That long winded terminology originated on the OTHER side of the Atlantic!

Oops! Mmmmm.... yummy humble pie for dinner.

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 22384
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/23/2010 12:45:18 AM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

What did you call me?

The Californian defination of long winded: anyone who uses any word other than Dude. Of course Californians have been known to strech that same word out to six sylables!

I'm telling you, its a one-word language. You can say anything with it.

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 22385
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/23/2010 12:47:36 AM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

Of course they are not balanced! They are in the media! Even if they started out that way , they couldn't remain that way!

Here is the problem with the center: It varies with everyone looking at it! In otherwords, no two people have the same view of what is "moderate". My defination: When the liberal calls you a facist, and a few minutes later a conservative calls you a communist, then my guess is you are a moderate. At least that seems to work for me.

So youre a Commofascist? Or a Fascicommie?

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 22386
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/23/2010 12:48:09 AM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

Oops! Mmmmm.... yummy humble pie for dinner.

Need a spork?

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 22387
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/23/2010 1:03:35 AM   
AW1Steve

quote:

quote:

Niether. I'm an old fashioned moderate.

Post #: 22388
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/23/2010 1:26:20 AM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

We also don't have Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, Michelle Malkin or Ted Stevens. We're doomed, DOOMED!

I thought that you repudiated any political discussion on the Thread? I also notice that everyone that you listed came from the right side of the spectrum.Don't you dislike any center or left wing commenators/pols?

I didn't mention any because I don't know any. Other than Jon Stewart, of whom I am a fan.

I sure wouldn't call Jon Stewart a media centrist. He's a converted comedian who is fortunate enough to be the recipient of a well-run comedy news show. His views are decidely left of center. The Colbert Report is a bit more centrist, but still left of center.

If you want a list of political hacks on the left, I can PM you a list as long as my arm. They're aplenty. You can start with our newly elected Minnesota US Senator, Stuart Smalley.

Yes, Stewart is Leftist, but he's an equal opportunity ball buster whenever stupidity rears its ugly head.

Nah, he's really not. A centrist POV would find ample opportunity for political satire on both sides of the aisle. 80% of Stewart's stuff is pointed at the political right. It wasn't once like that, but has been for the past 4 years or so.

Post #: 22389
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/23/2010 1:28:09 AM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

What did you call me?

Alright Duu'uuu'uuu'uuu'dddd'e. I see your point. Whoa!

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 22390
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/23/2010 1:29:12 AM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

What did you call me?

I'm telling you, its a one-word language. You can say anything with it.

Word. It's like language pasta. It complements everything. Dude.

Post #: 22391
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/23/2010 1:29:52 AM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'm thinking you're a pinko neoconservative.

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 22392
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/23/2010 1:36:13 AM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

quote:

quote:

Old fashioned as in you still use candles and churn your own butter?

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 22393
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/23/2010 1:41:20 AM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

Nah, he's really not. A centrist POV would find ample opportunity for political satire on both sides of the aisle. 80% of Stewart's stuff is pointed at the political right. It wasn't once like that, but has been for the past 4 years or so.

I wonder why?

But lets be fair. He is a comedian, and he only has a 30 minute show. And, yes, his audience is mostly lefty. But when the left does something monumentally stupid he does put it front and center. I dont know how regularly you watch it, but he banged on the Dems on a daily basis while the healthcare fiasco was going on. And he does treat (most) righty guests as human beings.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 22394
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/23/2010 1:42:40 AM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

Pasta? You grew up in Palisades and thats the best food analogy you can come up with?

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 22395
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/23/2010 1:43:13 AM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Or a Jeffersonian Hitlerite.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 22396
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/23/2010 2:15:29 AM   
AW1Steve

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Old fashioned as in you still use candles and churn your own butter?

Of course I still use candles! Don't you? They're great anytime you want to tell your significant other that the time is.....oh you mean "use candles all the time". No Dude, I use electricity, as you can tell if you are reading this. No bicycle powered computers yet! And no , I've not churned my own butter...yet. I brew my own beer, made pasta and ice cream from scratch...does that count?

Post #: 22397
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/23/2010 2:19:03 AM   
AW1Steve

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Or a Jeffersonian Hitlerite.

You guys are starting to push it! On social issues I lean left of center. On finacial issues I lean right of center. When it comes too national defense or foreign relations.....I'm a facist! Make of it what you will....and how I know that you will!

And just for the record, I don't care for Hitler, OR Jefferson! John Adams all the way baby!

< Message edited by AW1Steve -- 4/23/2010 2:21:13 AM >

Post #: 22398
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/23/2010 2:22:52 AM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

Of course I still use candles! Don't you? They're great anytime you want to tell your significant other that the time is.....oh you mean "use candles all the time". No Dude, I use electricity, as you can tell if you are reading this. No bicycle powered computers yet! And no , I've not churned my own butter...yet. I brew my own beer, made pasta and ice cream from scratch...does that count?

I'll take some pasta and beer, please. Oh, its not that kind of establishment?

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 22399
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/23/2010 2:27:04 AM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

You guys are starting to push it! On social issues I lean left of center. On finacial issues I lean right of center. When it comes too national defense or foreign relations.....I'm a facist! Make of it what you will....and how I know that you will!

In Russia they would call that.....

и рыбку съесть и нахуй сесть.

Maybe Bigmed can translate that for you.

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 22400
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/23/2010 2:48:57 AM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

Pasta? You grew up in Palisades and thats the best food analogy you can come up with?

Well, dude, it's a public forum. I can't say what 'produce' I really think goes well with everything now, can I?

Post #: 22401
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/23/2010 2:51:49 AM   
AW1Steve

quote:

quote:

è ðûáêó ñúåñòü è íàõóé ñåñòü.

Ýòà ìàëàÿ ðûáà èìååò áîëüøèå çóáû! È áîëåå áîëüøèå ïóøêè!

Post #: 22402
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/23/2010 2:56:28 AM   
Mynok

quote:

And just for the record, I don't care for Hitler, OR Jefferson! John Adams all the way baby!

A Maine federalist...who would have guessed?

"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 22403
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/23/2010 3:01:32 AM   
AW1Steve

quote:

quote:

quote:

While I was able to get it translated , I wasn't able to cut and paste the reply. So lets just say that this little fish has many sharp teeth! Go ahead and try!

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 22404
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/23/2010 3:02:33 AM   
AW1Steve

quote:

quote:

And what's wrong with that! You could easily have a worse president than John Adams!

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 22405
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/23/2010 3:29:44 AM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

quote:

quote:

My compliments to Babelfish.

I'm guessing the last word was guns?

Just out of curiosity, how well did it translate?

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 22406
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/23/2010 3:30:28 AM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

While I was able to get it translated , I wasn't able to cut and paste the reply. So lets just say that this little fish has many sharp teeth! Go ahead and try!

OK, I guess it didnt translate well.

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 22407
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/23/2010 4:10:31 AM   
Mynok

quote:

quote:

quote:

And what's wrong with that! You could easily have a worse president than John Adams!

No southerner is going to condone a federalist.

"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 22408
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/23/2010 5:11:47 AM   
Terminus

I still fondly remember the rant Stewart fired off at the Democrats when they lost the Massachusetts senatorial special election.

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 22409
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/23/2010 5:46:00 AM   
AW1Steve

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

No southerner is going to condone a federalist.

Maybe no True southerner. But there are more northerners in the south than southerners!

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 22410
Page:   <<   < prev  745 746 [747] 748 749   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: THE THREAD!!! Page: <<   < prev  745 746 [747] 748 749   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI