Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 Page: <<   < prev  43 44 [45] 46 47   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/5/2010 2:54:37 PM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelm

quote:

ORIGINAL: floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: castor troy

Hi

had an automatic java update and now it seems I made it that tracker isn´t running anymore.

any clue what I should do?

These memory issues are starting to stump me (like I have no clue on Nomad's issue). For your case, perhaps try increasing the memory values in the .bat file by 64 or 128 until it starts working again.

Sorry...

Floyd

Maybe it might be an idea to try using an earlier JAVA version (like 17). Update 18 broke witpstaff. Update 19 has come out recently.
I think I have suggested how to run multiple copies of JRE on the same machine. You could in theory install under the tracker directory and point to it there.

I just downloaded Update 19 and Tracker still works ... I'll do some testing soon with 100 + turns and see what I can do on my end ... as Floyd says sorry guys ... for now

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 1321
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/5/2010 4:54:17 PM   
witpqs

Just in case the info helps, I got the auto Java update and my Tracker is still working fine. I am running XP 32-bit all the latest service packs, patches, etc.

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 1322
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/5/2010 5:12:20 PM   
Nomad

I had to restart one games tracker but my second game with a few less turns is still working. I have no idea what is happening.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 1323
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/6/2010 2:05:59 AM   
Nomad

I need to report that my problem has been solved but I am not entirely sure what happened. When I tried to load my second turn in the game shown above I again got the not enough memory error. I then copied both the bat and jar files from my second game to this game and it worked fine.

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 1324
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.5.1 Available - 4/10/2010 8:56:53 AM   
greycat

This a great management tool for WITP. Thank you for sharing and keep up the good work!

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 1325
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.5.1 Available - 4/11/2010 11:40:49 AM   
Nomad

On the ship tab, when I filter to AP, APAs do not show up.

(in reply to greycat)
Post #: 1326
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.5.1 Available - 4/11/2010 12:27:52 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nomad

On the ship tab, when I filter to AP, APAs do not show up.

It will next release...

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 1327
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.5.1 Available - 4/11/2010 5:16:04 PM   
pad152

In WITP/AE Tracker, I saw several messages about allied R&D date advances for new aircraft? I thought only Japan got advances for R&D and allied got new aircraft designs on fixed dates?

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 1328
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.5.1 Available - 4/11/2010 8:51:08 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: pad152

In WITP/AE Tracker, I saw several messages about allied R&D date advances for new aircraft? I thought only Japan got advances for R&D and allied got new aircraft designs on fixed dates?

The code generates the alert if the available date changes, regardless of side. Maybe R&D works for the Allies, too...?

(in reply to pad152)
Post #: 1329
More Insight on Memory Issues - 4/12/2010 8:01:58 PM   
CaptDave

My problem is very similar to what Grotius reported in post #1213, and a bit similar to Castor Troy's report in post #1385. Here's the scoop:

Because I don't read the forums every day (some of us do have a life outside of WITP and AE!), I was humming along blissfully with v1.2 of AE Tracker. Saw my problem had been resolved, so upgraded to v1.5.1. Deleted the old data bases since my game was so old I might as well start over, anyway.

The initial load of Tracker took a long time, but I chalked that up to initializing the data base (although it said the files loaded in 39 seconds). Then, after one turn, I tried to open Tracker again. Took forever, so I ended up canceling via Task Manager.

Tried again the next day. First shut off the wireless, then closed down Zone Alarm. Tracker was the only application left running that I could really do anything about. Again, database files loaded in 39 seconds, but almost 10 minutes more before the application opened. I did have Task Manager open, and found that by opening Tracker my page file had soared from 165MB to 940MB, although Java was using about 24MB of RAM (with occasional spikes as high as 100MB, but generally under 50MB). This really doesn't seem normal. The large database theory shouldn't apply, since it had only one turn stored in it.

Machine specs are XP w/ SP 3, 512MB RAM, severely fragmented hard drive. I'll be doing a defrag and testing the physical memory, but wanted to supply these details in case anyone has any insight.

For the record, I do realize that with AE (and probably Tracker) 512MB of RAM is barely enough. I never open the two of them together, and close down everything else (except ZA, if I still have the wireless on) to run them. Until I can get more RAM, though, this is the way it'll have to be.

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 1330
Possible Bug -- But AE, or Tracker? - 4/12/2010 8:04:31 PM   
CaptDave

I haven't had a chance to go back and see what it says in the game, and won't for a while, but wanted to mention this while I remember it. I scuttled two ships at Pearl Harbor (float damage 98 -- not much hope!), but after finally getting the turn loaded into Tracker (see previous post) the Sinkings report shows them as being sunk near Samah.

Again, this could be a ridiculous FOW thing from the game (I should know where I scuttled my own ships, for crying out loud!), but just in case it isn't, I'm letting you know. If I get further information, I'll add it.

(in reply to CaptDave)
Post #: 1331
And a Low-Priority Request... - 4/12/2010 8:07:43 PM   
CaptDave

Thanks much for fixing the display of the base damage levels; that's a big help!

At some point in the future, could this information be displayed in a tab? While I don't really mind having to move through the bases one-by-one to find those with damage, the angular spread on the sub-info screen is just too much to allow the eye to catch a change in one of the figures. Having it in a tabular form, which was made sortable, would be a great benefit! In the grand scheme of things, though, this should not be a high priority.

Thanks again for the fix, and for this product!

(in reply to CaptDave)
Post #: 1332
RE: More Insight on Memory Issues - 4/12/2010 8:24:45 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: CaptDave

My problem is very similar to what Grotius reported in post #1213, and a bit similar to Castor Troy's report in post #1385. Here's the scoop:

Because I don't read the forums every day (some of us do have a life outside of WITP and AE!), I was humming along blissfully with v1.2 of AE Tracker. Saw my problem had been resolved, so upgraded to v1.5.1. Deleted the old data bases since my game was so old I might as well start over, anyway.

The initial load of Tracker took a long time, but I chalked that up to initializing the data base (although it said the files loaded in 39 seconds). Then, after one turn, I tried to open Tracker again. Took forever, so I ended up canceling via Task Manager.

Tried again the next day. First shut off the wireless, then closed down Zone Alarm. Tracker was the only application left running that I could really do anything about. Again, database files loaded in 39 seconds, but almost 10 minutes more before the application opened. I did have Task Manager open, and found that by opening Tracker my page file had soared from 165MB to 940MB, although Java was using about 24MB of RAM (with occasional spikes as high as 100MB, but generally under 50MB). This really doesn't seem normal. The large database theory shouldn't apply, since it had only one turn stored in it.

Machine specs are XP w/ SP 3, 512MB RAM, severely fragmented hard drive. I'll be doing a defrag and testing the physical memory, but wanted to supply these details in case anyone has any insight.

For the record, I do realize that with AE (and probably Tracker) 512MB of RAM is barely enough. I never open the two of them together, and close down everything else (except ZA, if I still have the wireless on) to run them. Until I can get more RAM, though, this is the way it'll have to be.

The major change is the addition of the map. This is a real memory hog, so it could be the major culprit.

Or something else could be happening... Once the tables are loaded from the database, the data is built for presentation, which requires a bit of additional processing. Maybe something is amiss there.

I'd need to do a bit more profiling of where the processing killer really is.

(in reply to CaptDave)
Post #: 1333
RE: Possible Bug -- But AE, or Tracker? - 4/12/2010 8:26:04 PM   
floydg

quote:

I haven't had a chance to go back and see what it says in the game, and won't for a while, but wanted to mention this while I remember it. I scuttled two ships at Pearl Harbor (float damage 98 -- not much hope!), but after finally getting the turn loaded into Tracker (see previous post) the Sinkings report shows them as being sunk near Samah.

Again, this could be a ridiculous FOW thing from the game (I should know where I scuttled my own ships, for crying out loud!), but just in case it isn't, I'm letting you know. If I get further information, I'll add it.

Oh, that doesn't seem right. Can you send me a save with this misinformation?

(in reply to CaptDave)
Post #: 1334
RE: And a Low-Priority Request... - 4/12/2010 8:27:04 PM   
floydg

quote:

Thanks much for fixing the display of the base damage levels; that's a big help!

At some point in the future, could this information be displayed in a tab? While I don't really mind having to move through the bases one-by-one to find those with damage, the angular spread on the sub-info screen is just too much to allow the eye to catch a change in one of the figures. Having it in a tabular form, which was made sortable, would be a great benefit! In the grand scheme of things, though, this should not be a high priority.

Yeah, that's probably a good idea. Maybe I could make it a switchable thing between some other data so as not to make too much use of horizontal scrolling.

(in reply to CaptDave)
Post #: 1335
RE: More Insight on Memory Issues - 4/13/2010 6:00:21 AM   
CaptDave

quote:

quote:

The major change is the addition of the map. This is a real memory hog, so it could be the major culprit.

Or something else could be happening... Once the tables are loaded from the database, the data is built for presentation, which requires a bit of additional processing. Maybe something is amiss there.

I'd need to do a bit more profiling of where the processing killer really is.

Let me know if I can provide any more help.

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 1336
RE: Possible Bug -- But AE, or Tracker? - 4/13/2010 6:01:25 AM   
CaptDave

quote:

quote:

Oh, that doesn't seem right. Can you send me a save with this misinformation?

Since I submitted this without double-checking the game, I knew it would turn out this way. Tracker is accurately reporting what is reported in the Intelligence screen within the game, so this seems to be a problem for the other programmers. Thanks, anyway!

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 1337
RE: And a Low-Priority Request... - 4/13/2010 6:04:27 AM   
CaptDave

quote:

quote:

Yeah, that's probably a good idea. Maybe I could make it a switchable thing between some other data so as not to make too much use of horizontal scrolling.

Yeah, I would definitely recommend a separate display, since I would guess very few people care about this. It could be dynamic (click a button to change) or a separate tab (like the various resource displays). As I said, though, not the highest importance!

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 1338
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/15/2010 12:15:54 AM   
davbaker

I'm trying to export a list of reinforcement LCU's that shows delay & Port of Arrival so I can have transports etc. ready when they appear.

I can see this inside WITPTracker - LCU Production but not as an option to export to csv.

Am I missing something?

Cheers

Dave

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 1339
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/15/2010 1:11:09 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: davbaker

I'm trying to export a list of reinforcement LCU's that shows delay & Port of Arrival so I can have transports etc. ready when they appear.

I can see this inside WITPTracker - LCU Production but not as an option to export to csv.

Am I missing something?

Cheers

Dave

One of the few remaining panels which I haven't given an export to csv yet ... next release Dave ...

Cheers
Damian

(in reply to davbaker)
Post #: 1340
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/15/2010 1:59:23 AM   
davbaker

Thanks Damian,
much appreciated as always!

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 1341
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/23/2010 1:50:12 AM   
Zemke

This thread is huge, so I am going to be lazy and just ask, is there some kind of text document I can download that covers what the program is doing? The reason is I have two PBEM games going and have two tracker folders, one for each game, but the PBEM game that is behind in time, looks like it is picking up data from the other game, like tracker is showing it as a turn from in the past from the game further along.

"Actions Speak Louder than Words"

(in reply to davbaker)
Post #: 1342
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/23/2010 2:14:15 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zemke_4

This thread is huge, so I am going to be lazy and just ask, is there some kind of text document I can download that covers what the program is doing? The reason is I have two PBEM games going and have two tracker folders, one for each game, but the PBEM game that is behind in time, looks like it is picking up data from the other game, like tracker is showing it as a turn from in the past from the game further along.

What data are we talking about, the game save data or the intel data ? The trick is how you set up the properties files and that you are using different save slots for the two different games ...
Look at the installation and setup here:
http://sites.google.com/site/witptracker/releases

side note** If I had two games going, I'd actually play using two installs of WITP-AE (and hence different save locations for both games configured in the properties file)... but that is just me

(in reply to Zemke)
Post #: 1343
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/23/2010 2:18:20 AM   
Nomad

Damian and Floyd, I would like to request a 3 day filter for sigint if I could.

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 1344
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/23/2010 2:30:28 AM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zemke_4

And I thought laziness only paid off in Dilbert cartoons...

Yeah, check your witptracker.properties files in each folder. If they both point to the same file, that would be your culprit.

(in reply to Zemke)
Post #: 1345
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/23/2010 2:31:06 AM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nomad

Damian and Floyd, I would like to request a 3 day filter for sigint if I could.

Well, since you ask nicely...

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 1346
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/23/2010 3:45:25 PM   
Toddr22_slith

Here is a dumb question

Can you use this version of Tracker with War Plan Orange?

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 1347
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/23/2010 4:16:59 PM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: Toddr22

Here is a dumb question

Can you use this version of Tracker with War Plan Orange?

Not a chance I'd say as they changed the save file format and added security for AE PBEM. This version of tracker is only for AE ...

The other older version of Tracker for WITP(stock) would be more compatible with WPO as I guess they use the same save file format ... still I'd be very very surprised if it were compatible...

I don't have WPO so send me a savefile for WPO and I can have a look if you want.

(in reply to Toddr22_slith)
Post #: 1348
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/23/2010 4:55:54 PM   
Toddr22_slith

That is what I thought.  If you know where an old version of tracker can be downloaded, I will try it myself.  I don't want to waste your time with this. 

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 1349
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/23/2010 4:59:19 PM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: Toddr22

That is what I thought.  If you know where an old version of tracker can be downloaded, I will try it myself.  I don't want to waste your time with this. 

PM sent as I don't want to confuse others

(in reply to Toddr22_slith)
Post #: 1350
Page:   <<   < prev  43 44 [45] 46 47   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 Page: <<   < prev  43 44 [45] 46 47   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI