Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: THE THREAD!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: THE THREAD!!! Page: <<   < prev  749 750 [751] 752 753   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/24/2010 8:55:49 PM   
Terminus

I believe John and Sam Adams were cousins, no? The two men in the video actually look vaguely similar...

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 22501
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/24/2010 8:56:24 PM   
Terminus

Good Thread, I missed my own 5-year anniversary!

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 22502
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/24/2010 8:59:28 PM   
Dixie

quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: sprior

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

G'morning Simon. Anything going on this lovely Saturday morning?

Work. Server migrations.

Servers are migratory? Have you tried fencing them in?

I've heard that Morgan Freeman was lined up to narrate Migration of the Servers, the fascinating and moving story computer hardware struggling to survive in the harsh environment of the server room at Simon's workplace.
Strangely he turned it down though.

Bigger boys stole my sig

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 22503
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/24/2010 9:13:31 PM   
Dixie

In good news Lincoln City have managed to avoid relegation again this year, although it was close.  Next season, I'm going out on a limb and predicting another season of mediocrity.

Bigger boys stole my sig

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 22504
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/24/2010 9:31:17 PM   
Terminus

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 22505
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/24/2010 9:31:18 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

I believe John and Sam Adams were cousins, no? The two men in the video actually look vaguely similar...

Correct. They didn't like each other very much. Sam was a ner do well agitator that lead thge sons of liberty (in reality , a local gang of thugs) and John was a very "ivory tower" intellectual lawyer. Harvard debate team meets "tar & feather" street thugs.

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 22506
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/24/2010 9:34:06 PM   
sprior

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dixie

quote:

quote:

quote:

Work. Server migrations.

I've heard that Morgan Freeman was lined up to narrate Migration of the Servers, the fascinating and moving story computer hardware struggling to survive in the harsh environment of the server room at Simon's workplace.

He was afraid of being eclipsed by me.

"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 22507
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/24/2010 10:14:11 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

No, actually I don't. You sound like someone whose spent time on the couch. So please tell us about "control fraks and small penises". I wouldn't know about either.

Yuri, you do realize I am kidding , right? I was playing off your SoCal and NYC connections. (As sterotypes , of course!).

So am I. Steve, ol' buddy, my jokes range from idiotic to direct, but theyre always jokes. Dont trake it so seriously.

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 22508
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/24/2010 10:15:03 PM   
sprior

If you have an iphone you have to get this:

http://www.rovio.com/index.php?page=angry-birds

- Nigel Molesworth.

(in reply to Onime No Kyo)
Post #: 22509
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/24/2010 10:16:17 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

Taking the kid to sleep over at a friend's house, and have laid in "Sherlock Holmes" and "The Blind Side" to watch with my lovely bride as we wait for the rains to roll in.  It's a good Saturday.  

Mike, have I ever mentioned that your contentment with life is absolutely disgusting when compared to the lengths the rest of us will go to to drive ourselves bananas over insignificant crap?

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 22510
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/24/2010 10:17:45 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Good Thread, I missed my own 5-year anniversary!

Thats the Spam anniversary right? 10 years is cardboard.

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 22511
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/24/2010 10:19:48 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Work. Server migrations.

S'okay. They can always get Oprah to cover. "Life" would have been absolutely magnificent if not for her annoying voice and silly comments. I was very surprised, though, how well Sigourney Weaver did narrating "Planet Earth".

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 22512
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/24/2010 10:20:27 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

In good news Lincoln City have managed to avoid relegation again this year, although it was close.  Next season, I'm going out on a limb and predicting another season of mediocrity.

Methinks you are truly prescient.

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 22513
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/24/2010 10:21:26 PM   
sprior

David Attenborough was better that both.

- Nigel Molesworth.

Post #: 22514
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/24/2010 10:27:49 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

quote:

No, actually I don't. You sound like someone whose spent time on the couch. So please tell us about "control fraks and small penises". I wouldn't know about either.

Yuri, you do realize I am kidding , right? I was playing off your SoCal and NYC connections. (As sterotypes , of course!).

So am I. Steve, ol' buddy, my jokes range from idiotic to direct, but theyre always jokes. Dont trake it so seriously.

I don't. But where nearly four hours had passed. I was afraid that you had, hence the apology. I need to keep recalling that you now have 1) a life 2) a job and most importantly , 3) a girl friend!

Post #: 22515
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/24/2010 10:34:25 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

quote:

quote:

I don't. But where nearly four hours had passed. I was afraid that you had, hence the apology. I need to keep recalling that you now have 1) a life 2) a job and most importantly , 3) a girl friend!

Well, yes. At the time you were worrying about me taking offense, GFU and I were merrily sitting at Borders and being romantically allergic to everything in the world.

This allergy stuff is frightening, btw. I will not claim anything for myself, as I am a stereotypical "nice Jewish boy" and all the nerdiness, dorkiness, bad eyesight and sinus trouble that entails. But she grew up in a rural setting, where any possible hay fever would have come from actual hay. And she had never had allergies until about 3 years after arriving in the US. WTF is going on here?!

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 22516
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/24/2010 10:47:20 PM   
Grollub

G'night gents

“Not mastering metaphores is like cooking pasta when the train is delayed"

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 22517
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/24/2010 10:59:02 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Well, yes. At the time you were worrying about me taking offense, GFU and I were merrily sitting at Borders and being romantically allergic to everything in the world.

This allergy stuff is frightening, btw. I will not claim anything for myself, as I am a stereotypical "nice Jewish boy" and all the nerdiness, dorkiness, bad eyesight and sinus trouble that entails. But she grew up in a rural setting, where any possible hay fever would have come from actual hay. And she had never had allergies until about 3 years after arriving in the US. WTF is going on here?!

Like I said a couple of days ago , allergies are weird. you can go your whole life not having any , then you run into the one thing that triggers it, then "Poof", suddenly you are allergic too everything! My whole life, I'd been allergic to nothing but cats and ragweed. Then I showed up in Guam, found an exotic type of lawn grass, and suddenly I'm allergic to everything!. Previously I'd been all over the country and an a fair part of the world, and no allergies. Even the tropics in Puerto Rico and Panama did nothing. But one stupid type of yard grass was the trigger. That's all it takes my friend, that's all it takes.

Post #: 22518
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/24/2010 11:46:40 PM   
radar

quote:

I was grieved by allergies for many years. I learned two years ago that most people have low Vitamin D levels, which causes the immune system to be ineffective against allergies (and other bad stuff). I started taking 6,000 I/U of Vit D3 every day and now allergies are a minor annoyance at worst. Vit D is not expensive...Sam's has the cheapest I've seen.

USS Terry (DD-513) — Battle of the Atlantic, Solomon and Marianas Islands campaigns and the Battle of Iwo Jima

Post #: 22519
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/24/2010 11:49:36 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

ORIGINAL: radar

quote:

I was grieved by allergies for many years. I learned two years ago that most people have low Vitamin D levels, which causes the immune system to be ineffective against allergies (and other bad stuff). I started taking 6,000 I/U of Vit D3 every day and now allergies are a minor annoyance at worst. Vit D is not expensive...Sam's has the cheapest I've seen.

Hmm....thanks for the tip Radar. I'll pick up some tomorrow and give it a shot. At this point, I'd pray to the gods of Olympus if it'll help.

(in reply to radar)
Post #: 22520
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/24/2010 11:50:21 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1SteveLike I said a couple of days ago , allergies are weird. you can go your whole life not having any , then you run into the one thing that triggers it, then "Poof", suddenly you are allergic too everything! My whole life, I'd been allergic to nothing but cats and ragweed. Then I showed up in Guam, found an exotic type of lawn grass, and suddenly I'm allergic to everything!. Previously I'd been all over the country and an a fair part of the world, and no allergies. Even the tropics in Puerto Rico and Panama did nothing. But one stupid type of yard grass was the trigger. That's all it takes my friend, that's all it takes.

Maybe youre allergic to bald assed boonie cats.

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 22521
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/24/2010 11:55:08 PM   
radar

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: radar

quote:

Hmm....thanks for the tip Radar. I'll pick up some tomorrow and give it a shot. At this point, I'd pray to the gods of Olympus if it'll help.

Don't expect overnight relief, it takes some time to get your levels up to the proper levels. Since I don't get outside all that much (ultra violet rays produce Vit D in the body), I take the supplements all year long.

USS Terry (DD-513) — Battle of the Atlantic, Solomon and Marianas Islands campaigns and the Battle of Iwo Jima

Post #: 22522
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/25/2010 1:29:44 AM   
Mynok

quote:

You daredevil, you.....

"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 22523
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/25/2010 1:32:47 AM   
Mynok

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1SteveLike I said a couple of days ago , allergies are weird. you can go your whole life not having any , then you run into the one thing that triggers it, then "Poof", suddenly you are allergic too everything! My whole life, I'd been allergic to nothing but cats and ragweed. Then I showed up in Guam, found an exotic type of lawn grass, and suddenly I'm allergic to everything!. Previously I'd been all over the country and an a fair part of the world, and no allergies. Even the tropics in Puerto Rico and Panama did nothing. But one stupid type of yard grass was the trigger. That's all it takes my friend, that's all it takes.

Maybe youre allergic to bald assed boonie cats.

Umm..isn't everyone?

"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown

Post #: 22524
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/25/2010 1:33:39 AM   
Mynok

quote:

quote:

Sounds rather clandestine.  Are you sure you're not really a "company man?"  

As I recall, his wife went on a humanitarian mission with her church to an Islamic country. Apparently, the Martian will not be outdone.

I'm going with her this year. Quite certain I will die by sublimation from the heat.

Post #: 22525
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/25/2010 2:09:07 AM   
BrucePowers

Good evening

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 22526
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/25/2010 2:29:07 AM   
USSAmerica

quote:

quote:

Taking the kid to sleep over at a friend's house, and have laid in "Sherlock Holmes" and "The Blind Side" to watch with my lovely bride as we wait for the rains to roll in.  It's a good Saturday.  

Mike, have I ever mentioned that your contentment with life is absolutely disgusting when compared to the lengths the rest of us will go to to drive ourselves bananas over insignificant crap?

Thanks, Yuri, I do try.

I credit a lot of my outlook to my dearly departed dad, who lived by 2 rules:

1. Don't sweat the small stuff.
2. It's all small stuff.

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

Post #: 22527
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/25/2010 2:35:04 AM   
USSAmerica

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mynok

quote:

quote:

Sounds rather clandestine.  Are you sure you're not really a "company man?"  

As I recall, his wife went on a humanitarian mission with her church to an Islamic country. Apparently, the Martian will not be outdone.

I'm going with her this year. Quite certain I will die by sublimation from the heat.

Having spent a bit of time with you at a ballgame on just a moderately warm evening, I suspect you should make your farewell post on THE THREAD!!! before heading on your trip.

I'm tellin 'ya, you need to become a major hockey fan.

Mike

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 22528
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/25/2010 2:36:07 AM   
USSAmerica

Good evening, Bruce, and to the rest of my Brothers.  

Mike

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 22529
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/25/2010 2:37:09 AM   
USSAmerica

Too close to leave the door open...

Mike

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 22530
Page:   <<   < prev  749 750 [751] 752 753   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: THE THREAD!!! Page: <<   < prev  749 750 [751] 752 753   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI