Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Construction Ships and the economy

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> The War Room >> Construction Ships and the economy Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Construction Ships and the economy - 5/3/2010 1:23:10 AM   
Rustyallan

I'd seen this happen before, but never to such an extent as what happened tonight.

I was cruising along, steadily expanding my territory with new colonies. Nothing big, just a couple at a time until cashflow recovered enough to build a planetary services station (striped-down SSP) at each new colony and queue up another ship or two. Things were going pretty steady til my economy just started to nose-dive hard. I had plenty of resources already on hand, but the taxbase just wasn't there. After many years in game of being in the red, I went through my ships and construction queues to find that most of my construction ships were destroyed or stuck in a queue for repair. I purged those ships and manually queued several new ones to be build as cash bounced into the black. One at a time for the first 3-4, then suddenly my economy jumped.

Now I have an explosion of new colonies with 20-30 construction ships very busy and +250k cashflow with 800k in the bank, which I had to work hard to get down from over 1m.

Bottom line, make sure you've got enough construction ships on hand to have at least two with nothing to do when automated. It's really helped my economy pick up in every game I've played.
Post #: 1
RE: Construction Ships and the economy - 5/3/2010 10:40:26 AM   
Ellestar

Also, without construction ships there is not enough mining stations so resource prices go up. If resource prices go up, upkeep goes up as well.

(in reply to Rustyallan)
Post #: 2
RE: Construction Ships and the economy - 5/3/2010 12:44:46 PM   
Rustyallan

The AI also has less need of freighters so those don't get built.

What's weird though is that I had stockpiles that were 10x and more my need, but the economy tanked when my construction ships all vanished and the AI never prompted me to build more. Sure, it said I should build a troop ship and a resupply ship, which it never placed anywhere. (in 1.0.4.4 while in 1.0.4.2 and 1.0.3, they deployed when on auto)

(in reply to Ellestar)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> The War Room >> Construction Ships and the economy Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI