Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: THE THREAD!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: THE THREAD!!! Page: <<   < prev  775 776 [777] 778 779   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 5/6/2010 5:12:17 PM   
USSAmerica

PDP. 

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 23281
RE: THE THREAD! - 5/6/2010 5:13:02 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

quote:

ORIGINAL: BrucePowers

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

So , Chickenboy, like how many more threads are you going to create from which I'm excluded? I'm not even playing against you and I'm being kept in the dark. And sir, would you be so kind , when you create yet ANOTHER "Steve keep out" thread, please do me the cortesey of putting it in the AAR section (where it belongs) so that several times a day when I look at the War room , yet again I'm kept from seeing THE NUMBER ONE THREAD!!!!!!

(Please insert sarcasm smiley here , whenever they get around to making one).

I've already started an AAR for our nacent game, gaijin. It's called 'liquidating the gaijin'. Just to be clear-you're the gaijin. I'm planning on liquidating you and everyone that looks like you.

Nothing personal.

Plan away, CB, plan away. And what should mine be, pray tell? "Plucking the chicken, choking the chicken,making the Chicken stew,frying the chicken,making a chicken sandwich, how to cook a chicken,deboning a chicken?", and of course the list goes on, and on and on.

Please keep in mind that Col. Sanders is one of my field commanders.

My vote is for "choking the chicken", and you need to dig up that old post with the picture of "Whole boneless chicken in a can" to put in your first post.

Remember candidate Harding...."A chicken in every pot"

Some of us are not old enough to remember the Harding administration, Bruce.

TONYA HARDING HAD AN ADMINISTRATION!!!!

Obviously kidding, yes I know about Warren G.

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 23282
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 5/6/2010 5:13:24 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

PDP. 

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 23283
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 5/6/2010 5:14:50 PM   
AW1Steve

Lunch break tithe....

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 23284
RE: THE THREAD! - 5/6/2010 5:16:20 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

So , Chickenboy, like how many more threads are you going to create from which I'm excluded? I'm not even playing against you and I'm being kept in the dark. And sir, would you be so kind , when you create yet ANOTHER "Steve keep out" thread, please do me the cortesey of putting it in the AAR section (where it belongs) so that several times a day when I look at the War room , yet again I'm kept from seeing THE NUMBER ONE THREAD!!!!!!

I've already started an AAR for our nacent game, gaijin. It's called 'liquidating the gaijin'. Just to be clear-you're the gaijin. I'm planning on liquidating you and everyone that looks like you.

Nothing personal.

Plan away, CB, plan away. And what should mine be, pray tell? "Plucking the chicken, choking the chicken,making the Chicken stew,frying the chicken,making a chicken sandwich, how to cook a chicken,deboning a chicken?", and of course the list goes on, and on and on.

You *did* walk into this without editing your last post....

But, if you want to write up about 'choking the chicken' on the AAR boards, be my guest. Seems a little bit creepy to me though...

Chicken friccasse, chicken marsala, chicken ala king, ............

Oh, and while I can't read your "turtle thread" , from the titile I'm assuming it's got something to do with your allied opponent "going turtle" , I'm remined of a critter from my adopted home state of Florida , called locally a "gator turtle". This critter has a gator like hide and shell (and looks like a cross between godzilla and gamera) and eats by dragging ducks (and anything else it can get ahold of) underwater and drowning them. FEAR THE TURTLE! And to some of our older denizens with US military service I ask, "Are you a turtle?".

chicken vermouth,Mediterranean chicken, chicken with salsa......

< Message edited by AW1Steve -- 5/6/2010 5:23:06 PM >

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 23285
RE: THE THREAD! - 5/6/2010 5:18:47 PM   
Dixie

quote:

Not much coverage of the US team over here, Martin. I'm seeing more commercials for the TV coverage on ESPN than anything else.

Interesting, I was under the impression that real football was pretty much a minority sport over there. It's one of those sports that the US should be good at, after all you've got enough people to choose from and some are bound to be good players

Does the media over there overhype the chances of success to the same degree that we seem to get over here. It's difficult to find any bookmakers where the odds of England winning are actually realistic...

Bigger boys stole my sig

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 23286
RE: THE THREAD! - 5/6/2010 5:24:53 PM   
Grollub

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dixie

I have a question for the Threadsters whose nations are taking part in the World Cup (or have taken part), is there as much media attention on your nations as there seems to be on the England team? Despite the fact that as a nation we are just a quarter final quality team at best there always seems to be an expectation of great things at every tournament.

Does the Danish/French/US/Croatian/Australian/Swedish press get so overexcited about the chances of their team? Admitidly the French national team are probably better than England in recent years, and the US team probably doesn't get much coverage over there.

Oh yes. Before every major tournament, judging by the media hype, you could expect us to give Brazil a hard game in the final. Never has happened. This time, we didn't even qualify ...

Edited: As a matter of fact, we actually gave Brazil a hard game in the final ... 1958.

< Message edited by Grollub -- 5/6/2010 5:26:14 PM >

“Not mastering metaphores is like cooking pasta when the train is delayed"

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 23287
RE: THE THREAD! - 5/6/2010 5:33:00 PM   
AW1Steve

Chicken piccante, chicken pot pie,chicken croquettes........

(in reply to Grollub)
Post #: 23288
RE: THE THREAD! - 5/6/2010 5:35:25 PM   
Grollub

Chicken ala Steve?

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 23289
RE: THE THREAD! - 5/6/2010 5:47:58 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

You're reminding me more and more of Forest Gump's character in the movie...his recitation of all things shrimp whilest in basic training and Vietnam made me think of you, Steve.

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 23290
RE: THE THREAD! - 5/6/2010 5:48:34 PM   
Terminus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grollub

quote:

I have a question for the Threadsters whose nations are taking part in the World Cup (or have taken part), is there as much media attention on your nations as there seems to be on the England team? Despite the fact that as a nation we are just a quarter final quality team at best there always seems to be an expectation of great things at every tournament.

Does the Danish/French/US/Croatian/Australian/Swedish press get so overexcited about the chances of their team? Admitidly the French national team are probably better than England in recent years, and the US team probably doesn't get much coverage over there.

Oh yes. Before every major tournament, judging by the media hype, you could expect us to give Brazil a hard game in the final. Never has happened. This time, we didn't even qualify ...

Edited: As a matter of fact, we actually gave Brazil a hard game in the final ... 1958.

It's very sad, yes.

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to Grollub)
Post #: 23291
RE: THE THREAD! - 5/6/2010 5:49:53 PM   
Dixie

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

quote:

quote:

It's very sad, yes.

Glad to see it's not just us then.

England are apparently 11/2 to win whilst Germany are 10/1. Someone is overstating the case for the plucky Brits quite badly...

< Message edited by Dixie -- 5/6/2010 5:51:39 PM >

Bigger boys stole my sig

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 23292
RE: THE THREAD! - 5/6/2010 5:51:03 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

THAT'S IT!!! HOLLYWOOD HAS GONE TOO ****ING FAR!!!

ALL THESE ***HOLES NEED TO BE KILLED. RIGHT NOW!!!

Hmmm....Terminus, you may need to replace your siggy with this one. Perhaps a reference to post # 23266?

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 23293
RE: THE THREAD! - 5/6/2010 5:52:21 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: anarchyintheuk

Remaking it seems uncalled for. They have so many other great ideas for films that they can work on.

I remember seeing that in the theaters. The unintentional comedy was off the charts.

I freaking loved that movie in the theaters. The spider hole ambush of that Russian tank crew is still one of my favorite scenes from any movie.

(in reply to anarchyintheuk)
Post #: 23294
RE: THE THREAD! - 5/6/2010 5:53:31 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: BrucePowers

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Nothing personal.

My vote is for "choking the chicken", and you need to dig up that old post with the picture of "Whole boneless chicken in a can" to put in your first post.

Remember candidate Harding...."A chicken in every pot"

Well, this Chickenboy gets along well with pot, so I guess that makes sense.

(in reply to BrucePowers)
Post #: 23295
RE: THE THREAD! - 5/6/2010 5:54:04 PM   
anarchyintheuk

quote:

quote:

Not much coverage of the US team over here, Martin. I'm seeing more commercials for the TV coverage on ESPN than anything else.

Interesting, I was under the impression that real football was pretty much a minority sport over there. It's one of those sports that the US should be good at, after all you've got enough people to choose from and some are bound to be good players

Does the media over there overhype the chances of success to the same degree that we seem to get over here. It's difficult to find any bookmakers where the odds of England winning are actually realistic...

I think the media is generally confused as to what to do about the US team . . . there are all types, from ones that hype the number of players now playing internationally, to ones that point to our historic lack of ability to those that wonder why one guy on the team has a different colored jersey from the rest of them.

Imo England should be allowed to borrow one of our keepers.

BTW, congratulations to the mighty Lincoln for stayin up.

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 23296
RE: THE THREAD! - 5/6/2010 5:56:08 PM   
USSAmerica

quote:

quote:

As much as I love looking at them, I think it's time to have Grollub and Aces arm wrestle or something, and the loser has to change his avatar. I read this post the first time, and had my reply almost completed before I realized it wasn't the US team that Per was talking about.

Mike

(in reply to Grollub)
Post #: 23297
RE: THE THREAD! - 5/6/2010 5:56:39 PM   
anarchyintheuk

quote:

quote:

Remaking it seems uncalled for. They have so many other great ideas for films that they can work on.

I remember seeing that in the theaters. The unintentional comedy was off the charts.

I freaking loved that movie in the theaters. The spider hole ambush of that Russian tank crew is still one of my favorite scenes from any movie.

Agreed, although I still have a hard time believing Milius was the driving force behind that movie. I can never utter lines from Conan in the same way again.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 23298
RE: THE THREAD! - 5/6/2010 5:56:42 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

I see TV ads from time to time about the World Cup-focusing on the US team's (unlikely) prospects for victory. Then again, I see ads of about the same frequency on new kitchen gadgets that crack eggs for you (NEW, IMPROVED) or other bizarro-world sporting events that are of no consequence to the vast majority of Americans in the audience.

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 23299
RE: THE THREAD! - 5/6/2010 5:57:09 PM   
Grollub

quote:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipes/Meat-and-Poultry/Chicken/Main.aspx

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 23300
RE: THE THREAD! - 5/6/2010 5:58:23 PM   
USSAmerica

quote:

quote:

I have a feeling that the US team will be competitive, but my point is that there is no media coverage of the team and it's chances, good or bad. There's only advertising for the TV coverage of the games to get the ratings as high as they can be.

Mike

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 23301
RE: THE THREAD! - 5/6/2010 5:58:55 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

No, *real* football is quite popular here-except its schedule starts in the Fall months. This is the season for *real* baseball and other real sports played with real bats and real balls.

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 23302
RE: THE THREAD! - 5/6/2010 6:00:02 PM   
USSAmerica

quote:

quote:

I was a young teenager when it came out. I loved it, too.

Mike

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 23303
RE: THE THREAD! - 5/6/2010 6:00:43 PM   
USSAmerica

quote:

quote:

You're reminding me more and more of Forest Gump's character in the movie...his recitation of all things shrimp whilest in basic training and Vietnam made me think of you, Steve.

Um.... that was "Bubba."

Mike

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 23304
RE: THE THREAD! - 5/6/2010 6:04:28 PM   
Dixie

quote:

I think the media is generally confused as to what to do about the US team . . . there are all types, from ones that hype the number of players now playing internationally, to ones that point to our historic lack of ability to those that wonder why one guy on the team has a different colored jersey from the rest of them.

Imo England should be allowed to borrow one of our keepers.

BTW, congratulations to the mighty Lincoln for stayin up.

There are quite a few playing over here in Europe, whether playing abroad is a good thing or not is a matter of opinion I suspect. Would there be as many if MLS was bigger? There are some pretty decent players and some good prospects for the future. A certain US player at Fulham scored me plenty of points in my fantasy football team until he was injured.

I dunno about borrowing one of your keepers, Joe Hart should be a good player in the next few years. A bigger problem is the lack of really good defenders, or even just plain old good ones... It seems that the modern game has ruined what English football used to be known for.

I'm quite happy with Lincoln surviving another season in League 2, hopefully the new chairman will bring some investment with him. Always been a lower league team and they probably always will be, but I'd rather that than the approach taken by some clubs which have ended in financial problems.

Bigger boys stole my sig

(in reply to anarchyintheuk)
Post #: 23305
RE: THE THREAD! - 5/6/2010 6:06:54 PM   
Dixie

quote:

No, *real* football is quite popular here-except its schedule starts in the Fall months. This is the season for *real* baseball and other real sports played with real bats and real balls.

I didn't think you chaps played cricket?

Bigger boys stole my sig

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 23306
LOG DAWN! - 5/6/2010 6:07:30 PM   
Nikademus

Warning: the following contains profiling ......and as Ron White says.....profiling is wroooong

Red Dawn is indeed being remade but cast in a more modern image to relate to our times......hence it will be re-imaged and marketed as "Arab Dawn"

In it, hapless, mobidly obeese Americans trailing a line of Freedom Fries scatter in all directions as turbaned paratroopers with long dark beards descend on them shouting I KILL U!......HALT!!!!!....I KILL U!......SILENCE!!!! I KILL U!.....TALK now....or I KILL U! DEATH TO AMERIKA!!!

Better Dead than Red.....oh wait.....i have to update that....better dead than infidel.....doesn't have the same ring to it.

darn it!

< Message edited by Nikademus -- 5/6/2010 6:09:34 PM >

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 23307
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 5/6/2010 6:08:08 PM   
Grollub

PDP

(in reply to Nikademus)
Post #: 23308
LOG! - 5/6/2010 6:10:15 PM   
Nikademus

hey!

I KILL U!

(in reply to Grollub)
Post #: 23309
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 5/6/2010 6:11:13 PM   
Dixie

Better dead than wood...

Bigger boys stole my sig

(in reply to Nikademus)
Post #: 23310
Page:   <<   < prev  775 776 [777] 778 779   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: THE THREAD!!! Page: <<   < prev  775 776 [777] 778 779   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI