Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

World Annihilator

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> World Annihilator Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
World Annihilator - 5/14/2010 7:49:17 PM   
Challenger1978

Hi i was hmm wondering if somone could help me by telling me how to repair the world annihilator. I have maximum tech, 15 mill in the bank with the latest hi tech constructors but i just can't repair it. I'm just really desperate to take it for a test drive and blow some planets up with it .

Post #: 1
RE: World Annihilator - 5/14/2010 7:57:02 PM   
Canute0

Like you repair other ships,bases.
Send a Construction ship, but depend on the shipyard size of the ship it take some time.

(in reply to Challenger1978)
Post #: 2
RE: World Annihilator - 5/14/2010 8:11:34 PM   
Challenger1978

quote:

ORIGINAL: Canute

Like you repair other ships,bases.
Send a Construction ship, but depend on the shipyard size of the ship it take some time.

I can repair other ships (deralicks capital ships), also i have the biggest and best constructor possible as i have maxium tech, i just can't repair the world destroyer. Theres just no option when you right click on it or the little hammer dosn't appear to auto repair.

(in reply to Canute0)
Post #: 3
RE: World Annihilator - 5/14/2010 8:12:26 PM   
Astorax

A trick you can use is to have several constructors some distance away from it, pause it, then tell them all to repair it. They will all then repair it once they get to it. If you already have one repairing it, you cannot then tell another to do it, it won't.

It will still take some time but you will be getting a tech boost just for repairing it.

Edit- hmm, I just read your latest post. No repair/hammer icon at all? Thats strange, indeed. Is this with the 1.04 patch or perhaps the new beta?

< Message edited by Astorax -- 5/14/2010 8:14:57 PM >

(in reply to Canute0)
Post #: 4
RE: World Annihilator - 5/14/2010 8:17:21 PM   
Challenger1978

Its with 1.045

(in reply to Astorax)
Post #: 5
RE: World Annihilator - 5/14/2010 8:44:25 PM   
Astorax

Hrm, that certainly sounds like a bug. It was definitely working in 1.03 but I have as yet not encountered a WA ship in 1.04.

If you have a save game, please report that (along with the savegame) in the Tech Support section. 

< Message edited by Astorax -- 5/14/2010 8:45:21 PM >

Post #: 6
RE: World Annihilator - 5/14/2010 8:45:58 PM   
Challenger1978

Alright will do mate.

(in reply to Astorax)
Post #: 7
RE: World Annihilator - 5/14/2010 11:37:47 PM   
Canute0

I had a similar bug once. In a debris field i got 1 ship i couldnt repair, but i could shoot it. The AI couldn't repair it either.

Maybe you encounter the same with the world destroyer.

Post #: 8
RE: World Annihilator - 5/15/2010 3:12:56 PM   
Wenla

quote:

ORIGINAL: Canute

I had a similar bug once. In a debris field i got 1 ship i couldnt repair, but i could shoot it. The AI couldn't repair it either.

Maybe you encounter the same with the world destroyer.

Me too, I had once (1.04) a ship which I couldn't repair. So far only this one time.

Before you can define your strategy, you have to have a vision

(in reply to Canute0)
Post #: 9
RE: World Annihilator - 5/16/2010 1:11:04 PM   
shanicus

As an aside,

I wonder if the WA is in every game? It certainly has been in all of mine. But, I can't say that I am glad. I am beginning to feel like,"Oh, there it is again. Guess I had better take it over and kick some @ss with it like last game..."

(in reply to Wenla)
Post #: 10
RE: World Annihilator - 5/16/2010 1:35:14 PM   
Fishman

I think they're basically random and, in fact, spawned by triggers. They're certainly not unique. World Devastators, World Destroyers, World Annihilators, Devastation Moons, Death Orbs...eh, they're all the same.

(in reply to shanicus)
Post #: 11
RE: World Annihilator - 5/16/2010 6:40:04 PM   
Gareth_Bryne

Greetings, everyone! This is my first post here & thank you to those who developed such an awesome game.

It seems to me that the Death Star is on a storyline trigger on the path to Way of Darkness. Although it seems I've stumbled on mine almost accidentally, but later I got several storyline base supplemental messages leading to the star system with it. In that game I got both Way Of The ANCIENTS and the Death Star))). I used it though only as a super cap ship....

(in reply to Fishman)
Post #: 12
RE: World Annihilator - 5/17/2010 3:05:55 AM   
jscott991

This has become a big buggy.

I repaired two of these in my latest game and they both simply disappeared.

(in reply to Gareth_Bryne)
Post #: 13
RE: World Annihilator - 5/17/2010 3:35:33 PM   
Challenger1978

quote:

ORIGINAL: shanicus

As an aside,

I wonder if the WA is in every game? It certainly has been in all of mine. But, I can't say that I am glad. I am beginning to feel like,"Oh, there it is again. Guess I had better take it over and kick some @ss with it like last game..."

Lucky you i've barley ever seen one. Whats your play style like ? I normal try to be really good for most of the game while i tech up and build a great economy and then towards the end i going nuts and back stab everyone when i overrun the galaxy muahahahhahahaha.

(in reply to shanicus)
Post #: 14
RE: World Annihilator - 5/17/2010 7:18:59 PM   
Yarasala

I actually found two world destroyers in my current game, but was only able to secure the second one for me. When I look at the other empires' military scoreit seems the other has simply disappeared ...

Anyway, I didn't realize that attacking a planet with a world destroyer actually destroys the planet ...

I had no current save so I kept on playing, but now everything is going down the drain:

1. My reputation fell below ground, all my friends began cancelling their treaties with me and inposed trade sanctions.

2. Some planets rebelled.

3. The fleet with the world destroyer DEFECTED!

4. One quarter of my colonies split from my empire and formed their own ...

We'll see how that goes on ...

Unfortunately do I begin to have memory issues with that game so I don't know whether I can play it much further.

Post #: 15
RE: World Annihilator - 5/17/2010 8:08:46 PM   
2guncohen

Dudes, can someone send Lordxorn a save game with a World Destroyer ?
He asked me a while ago for one ... And I lost the save game where i finaly found one ...

@Yarasala about point 3 => haha

< Message edited by 2guncohen -- 5/17/2010 8:09:44 PM >

(in reply to Yarasala)
Post #: 16
RE: World Annihilator - 5/17/2010 8:15:22 PM   
Challenger1978

I started a new game today and found and repaired a world annhilator only for the dam thing to blow up on me just as i finished repairing it .

(in reply to 2guncohen)
Post #: 17
RE: World Annihilator - 5/17/2010 8:22:08 PM   
2guncohen

I had to blow it up... *cries*

Post #: 18
RE: World Annihilator - 5/17/2010 9:48:25 PM   
Yarasala

Now I assembled a strong fleet with a lot of troops and sent it to attack the enemy my world destroyer defected to. I took one planet from them and then went to attack there main planet (they had only three planets or so left). And what happened? Shortly before leaving hyperspace the fleet ALSO DEFECTED to this same enemy!!! 
While the first defection I could tolerate, this second one that practically ruins my military I don't understand. The enemy empire is nearly defeated (no idea where the world destroyer they got from me is at the moment) and I don't see en intelligence option to undermine enemy fleets so I take it the AI also has no such possibility. Then this can only be pure chance because of my bad reputation ... ?

Although normally I try to play more good / neutral and never attack first, it should be possible to play on the evil side without having to fight against one's own people all the time. The defection of my world destroyer already felt like in Star Wars the Death Star changing sides and joining the rebels  ...

(in reply to 2guncohen)
Post #: 19
RE: World Annihilator - 5/17/2010 10:54:28 PM   
gijas17

Is the World Annihilator built by constructor ships or stations? How do you obtain this weapon anyway... through research? Lastly, does it destroy worlds or suns and what is its range meaning can it be moved to the the system of interest or is it stationary?

"Our strategy is to destroy the enemy from within, to conquer him through himself."

- Adolf Hitler

(in reply to Yarasala)
Post #: 20
RE: World Annihilator - 5/17/2010 10:54:38 PM   
taltamir

BTW, just as an aside:
I really hate the notion of annihilating worlds... I want to CONQUER the galaxy, not reduce it to rabble :)
(not saying that is how you should play, just that it is my preference)

< Message edited by taltamir -- 5/17/2010 10:55:08 PM >

I do not have a superman complex; for I am God, not Superman.

(in reply to Yarasala)
Post #: 21
RE: World Annihilator - 5/17/2010 11:20:24 PM   
gijas17

I agree taltamir but with the time it takes to send fleets to fight it out planet-side with troops, troop ships, chance of revolt afterwards and taking out planetary defense it may save time and money... lol. And it could be a deterrent dealing with alien races in diplomacy saying if you don't agree to our demands then we will be forced to take the alternative - like modern day nuke diplomacy.

"Our strategy is to destroy the enemy from within, to conquer him through himself."

- Adolf Hitler

(in reply to taltamir)
Post #: 22
RE: World Annihilator - 5/18/2010 12:13:02 AM   
Astorax

Gijas, the World Annhilator ship is *repaired* by one of your constructor ships. It is found in a field of other derelict ships (along with some Kaltors/creatures usually) and you just select a constructor and tell it to repair it. It will take a long time depending on your SY tech but you will get a general tech boost for as long as you are repairing it. A trick to circumventing this is to have a group of constructors idle, pause the game, then order each constructor to repair the WA. They will all rush to the ship and repair it. If you already have a constructor working on it, you cannot do this.

It is mobile, though slow, and it destroys whole planets (similar to Death Star). Its a giant capital class ship with a super weapon.

(in reply to gijas17)
Post #: 23
RE: World Annihilator - 5/18/2010 12:25:32 AM   
gijas17

Thank you Astorax! So its a ruin location or space anomaly rather than a research item, oh I see now. I was looking through the research descriptions thinking where the heck is it and thought I needed something researched to unlock it.

- Adolf Hitler

(in reply to Astorax)
Post #: 24
RE: World Annihilator - 5/18/2010 1:57:07 PM   
Joram

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yarasala

Now I assembled a strong fleet with a lot of troops and sent it to attack the enemy my world destroyer defected to. I took one planet from them and then went to attack there main planet (they had only three planets or so left). And what happened? Shortly before leaving hyperspace the fleet ALSO DEFECTED to this same enemy!!! 
While the first defection I could tolerate, this second one that practically ruins my military I don't understand. The enemy empire is nearly defeated (no idea where the world destroyer they got from me is at the moment) and I don't see en intelligence option to undermine enemy fleets so I take it the AI also has no such possibility. Then this can only be pure chance because of my bad reputation ... ?

Although normally I try to play more good / neutral and never attack first, it should be possible to play on the evil side without having to fight against one's own people all the time. The defection of my world destroyer already felt like in Star Wars the Death Star changing sides and joining the rebels  ...

I wasn't aware fleets could defect either. Is that right?

(in reply to Yarasala)
Post #: 25
RE: World Annihilator - 5/18/2010 6:31:08 PM   
Yarasala

Since now my two most powerful fleets defected it must be right ...

(in reply to Joram)
Post #: 26
RE: World Annihilator - 5/18/2010 9:54:16 PM   
taltamir

quote:

ORIGINAL: gijas

I agree taltamir but with the time it takes to send fleets to fight it out planet-side with troops, troop ships, chance of revolt afterwards and taking out planetary defense it may save time and money... lol. And it could be a deterrent dealing with alien races in diplomacy saying if you don't agree to our demands then we will be forced to take the alternative - like modern day nuke diplomacy.

in theory, yes.
in practice this isn't how it works. using it is suicide... everyone goes to war with you and you get civil war

I do not have a superman complex; for I am God, not Superman.

(in reply to gijas17)
Post #: 27
RE: World Annihilator - 5/22/2010 3:25:13 PM   
Xoltice

I was in a defense pact with some other nations when i found the World Annihilator, but while i was repairing it, the other nations sent their repair ships as well, and eventually one of the other nations took it... Is there any way to take it back?

(in reply to taltamir)
Post #: 28
RE: World Annihilator - 5/22/2010 3:44:34 PM   
lordxorn

I think Fear needs to be modeled in the game just like hatred defection. Star Wars Rebellion had this modeled pretty well.

< Message edited by lordxorn -- 5/22/2010 3:45:52 PM >

(in reply to Xoltice)
Post #: 29
RE: World Annihilator - 5/22/2010 4:53:40 PM   
Astax

Does putting more factories on your constructor increase its repair speed?

(in reply to lordxorn)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> World Annihilator Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI