Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

IJN Dive bombers upgrades

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> IJN Dive bombers upgrades Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
IJN Dive bombers upgrades - 5/24/2010 7:29:17 PM   
hkbhsi

I'm reaching the stage now in my PBEM, when I can change my D3A1 Val to the newer version (D3A2) and I am wondering if there is any point in doing that as it seems that the planes are almost identical but the D3A2 has shorter range. Does anyone upgrade or do you keep the old model?
On a related note, if I'm playing with PDU OFF does anyone know if I have to upgrade to the D3A2 version to be later able to upgrade to the Judy?

Thanks a lot.
Post #: 1
RE: IJN Dive bombers upgrades - 5/25/2010 1:35:18 AM   
topeverest

The differences between the two airframes are small. They arent too terribly different. You've highlighted one, but the '2' has a better climb rate, higher max alt, and better speed. It's a tossup on which is better based on your CV strategy. If you are a long range battler, then the first version is better. If you want a slightly better chance (all things equal) to get more hits and you arent afraid of closin with the Allied carriers, then you want the second version.

Andy M

(in reply to hkbhsi)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> IJN Dive bombers upgrades Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI