Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Hube & Balck in -42

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Hube & Balck in -42 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Hube & Balck in -42 - 5/29/2010 12:41:06 PM   
daft

I saw references to Hube and Balck in PyleDriver's AAR and my interest in this game just shot through the roof. In reality I think they both were in command of Panzer Divisions at the time when the AAR is taking place. 11. Panzer for Balck and 16. Panzer for Hube. I know I'm very late to the party regarding this game (it sort of dropped under my radar) so this question is probably slightly daft to those of you that have followed the game since its announcement, but here it goes. Does this mean we can promote or assign commanders at will and have them take command of various types of formations or is just a slight hick-up in the OOB?

Post #: 1
RE: Hube & Balck in -42 - 5/29/2010 1:50:01 PM   
ComradeP

It seems the majority of commanders that could realistically have commanded a higher ranking formation are included in the game. It costs admin points (was about to type "political points") to change commanders, and it seems the further up the chain you want to promote them, the steeper the cost. There's also a chance that a commander will lose some skill when promoted it seems, judging by screenshots posted earlier.

(in reply to daft)
Post #: 2
RE: Hube & Balck in -42 - 5/29/2010 2:07:33 PM   
Hard Sarge

as again, it is Alpha, we had to get everybody in, first, before we fixed the rules on how they will work

which I believe we are close to getting the leader rules added

so will be able to add in date of command and other such stuff

(in reply to ComradeP)
Post #: 3
RE: Hube & Balck in -42 - 5/29/2010 4:23:07 PM   
daft

Thanks guys! Can't believe I didn't know more about this game until just recently. :)

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 4
RE: Hube & Balck in -42 - 5/29/2010 5:18:06 PM   
Great_Ajax

Leader database is now under a serious review. Pavel just added the ability to bring leaders in on certain dates and now we need to review all of these leaders with their associated availibility dates and get the ones in that we were missing which is mainly the later war commanders.

Trey

"You want mercy!? I'm chaotic neutral!"

WiTE Scenario Designer
WitW Scenario/Data Team Lead
WitE 2.0 Scenario Designer

(in reply to daft)
Post #: 5
RE: Hube & Balck in -42 - 5/29/2010 8:06:01 PM   
von Shagmeister

quote:

ORIGINAL: el hefe

Leader database is now under a serious review. Pavel just added the ability to bring leaders in on certain dates and now we need to review all of these leaders with their associated availibility dates and get the ones in that we were missing which is mainly the later war commanders.

Trey

You are probably aware but just in case, the companion to Colossus Reborn has a whole appendix (No.2) dedicated the the Red Army Senior Command Cadre (Front down to Corps level, including PVO and VVS). Gives dates individuals were in post.

Per Speculationem Impellor ad Intelligendum

(in reply to Great_Ajax)
Post #: 6
RE: Hube & Balck in -42 - 5/29/2010 8:20:58 PM   
Hard Sarge

isn't that one sledgehammer ?

(in reply to von Shagmeister)
Post #: 7
RE: Hube & Balck in -42 - 5/29/2010 10:47:28 PM   
Great_Ajax

I'm confident that Pavel has the Red Army Commander's under control. We post-added a bunch of leaders on the the various campaigns and now the list needs to finalized and compiled.

Trey

quote:

ORIGINAL: von Shagmeister

quote:

ORIGINAL: el hefe

Trey

You are probably aware but just in case, the companion to Colossus Reborn has a whole appendix (No.2) dedicated the the Red Army Senior Command Cadre (Front down to Corps level, including PVO and VVS). Gives dates individuals were in post.

"You want mercy!? I'm chaotic neutral!"

WiTE Scenario Designer
WitW Scenario/Data Team Lead
WitE 2.0 Scenario Designer

(in reply to von Shagmeister)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Hube & Balck in -42 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI