Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Game freeze

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge >> Tech Support >> Game freeze Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Game freeze - 6/7/2010 12:18:51 AM   
Harry Renquist

When ever I'm in the Port sector and have some supporting Hutzi warriors and the enemy attacks, during the
game turn where the enemy is moving the game freezes ?

The only solution I've found so far is restart the game at an earlier part , remove the Hutzi warriors and go there
alone with my squad.
Post #: 1
RE: Game freeze - 6/12/2010 11:48:02 PM   
blemishednicely

You're SURE it's actually frozen? On occasion (especially in the below 1.08 patch [1.08 fixed a few AI bugs] & 1.07 version [w/o Foraven's AI MOD-a DAMN solid one, BTW!], it HAS been found that the enemy/'civvy' AI sometimes gets "stuck" on building/corners/behind doors etc., taking forever to actually complete/end their turn (another definite advantage the games with the "pause" feature such as Brigade E5 have over static turn-you can find him/put him out of his addled misery). Also (can't remember if it was original/modded) some people reported enemies missing ENTIRELY, where they could just stroll through with no fighting at all. Other times enemies get "stuck" in weird animations & can't seem to function right-had that one myself! I can't remember if there's a command to skip/speed up NPC's turns at all (like X-COM but a bit different in style/appearance as you can plainly see the option) or not. All I can think of is Foraven's enhanced/improved AI mod [I can't say enough how well/hard he worked at that!], or the 1.08 patch. Problem is if you go 1.08, you gotta do your own mods, if you go Foraven, you can't do 1.08 [it'll break it when it overlaps, as even some less-than-PC terms have been dropped/switched...apparently Russia & Africa don't get along-funny considering the developer/setting, really]. I am in the process of modding over 1.08 patch but am deciding whether I'll quit or not.

Hope that helps.

"It is often only at the worst of times-when we are without refuge or reprieve, that we may truly seek peace amidst the chaos." - Vincent Blake Nasby

I mean think about it, the Y chromosome is really just an incomplete X...

(in reply to Harry Renquist)
Post #: 2
RE: Game freeze - 6/20/2010 4:12:56 AM   
Harry Renquist

I guess the only solution is either enter a sector without any Butzi support or restart the game and patch to 1.08 version.

(in reply to Harry Renquist)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge >> Tech Support >> Game freeze Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI