Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Pilots / Gas

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Commander - The Great War >> Pilots / Gas Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Pilots / Gas - 6/8/2010 7:19:08 AM   
billyjj

Will you get to put your own Ace Pilots on your airplane units? Will poison gas be a special weapon that you can target like nukes in CEAW? They would have to be a lot cheaper to make and do less damage but that would be fun to play with gas and maybe gas masks for troops... That would be cool and make it a little unique rather than just WW1 units with pretty much the same gameplay.
Post #: 1
RE: Pilots / Gas - 6/8/2010 9:24:02 AM   
Lord Zimoa

You will have Aces that you can assign to a fighter or bomber unit that will give them better statistics and advantages.

We are still discussing how we to implement gas attacks effectively. There are several possibilities we want to try out. One of them is: the opposing unit is paralyzed for the remaining turn to mimic the shock of a gas attack.

(in reply to billyjj)
Post #: 2
RE: Pilots / Gas - 6/9/2010 3:25:08 AM   
billyjj

Sounds nice... Will we be able to setup our own trenches or will they be fixed ? It would nice if you could "dig in" and create a trench.. maybe only a unit with a commander could make a trench or something... or have them lose movement for the next turn, doing anything like that?

(in reply to Lord Zimoa)
Post #: 3
RE: Pilots / Gas - 6/9/2010 11:14:52 AM   
Lukas

(land) units dig trenches when they are idle (no move or attack). This means as soon as you "hold" a certain position, your units automatically create trenches. 2 opposing armies that cannot break through or outflank eachother's position will naturaly turn into a trenchwar. This is pretty much unavoidable on the short western front, until technologic progress improves the means of attacking entrenched positions (tanks, artillery barrages, infantry assault tactics, ...) but is unlikely to happen on a large front like the Eastern front, or one where terrain is less suited for entrenchment (Middle East, Arabian desert).

(in reply to billyjj)
Post #: 4
RE: Pilots / Gas - 6/9/2010 6:08:39 PM   
wodin

Love the pic in your sig..atmospheric indeed...

(in reply to Lukas)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Commander - The Great War >> Pilots / Gas Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI