Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

IJ Supplies in Burma (42)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> IJ Supplies in Burma (42) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
IJ Supplies in Burma (42) - 6/15/2010 12:08:57 PM   
vonSchnitter

All right,
call me daft or any other name - as long as some ray of enlightenment may penetrate the pitch dark "dimness" of my utterly useless doings in Burma.
This is a slow game ver the AI, patched up as it goes.

I am in Dec 42. I do own the place in any respect for quite a while now.
I got the "supply hub" thing after a while - since all supplies went straight back to Singers from Rangoon anyway.
So I went for the "suplies required" switch at Rangoon, cranked it up all the way and managed to hold on to some 80k+ supplies in Rangoon - however: Myitkinia never got its quota (even using tranports) and right now Pegu (Next to Rangoon) is starving (with trrops) while Basein (no trrops) gets supplies.
Move by move I am reducing the supply requirements in Rnagoon form max+ to 20k - no luck so far.
Cheers

Post #: 1
RE: IJ Supplies in Burma (42) - 6/15/2010 1:31:01 PM   
vonSchnitter

I am THAT stupid ?

(in reply to vonSchnitter)
Post #: 2
RE: IJ Supplies in Burma (42) - 6/15/2010 1:47:40 PM   
LoBaron

By setting Rangoon this high you drain nearby bases of supplies or prevent resupply.
Simple as that.

The bases try to stack required supply x 3.

Post #: 3
RE: IJ Supplies in Burma (42) - 6/15/2010 2:12:55 PM   
vonSchnitter

LoBaron,

greatings from Cologne ! Thanks for the required supply x3 hint. Should I have read the manuals/addendums more closely ?
I will proceed along your sugggestion - maybe we can come up with something ...

(in reply to LoBaron)
Post #: 4
RE: IJ Supplies in Burma (42) - 6/15/2010 2:24:09 PM   
Bradley7735

In my experience, using the buttons to increase supply at bases tends to starve the bases near it, but does increase supply at that particular base.

You may need to build up bases on the path from the supply (singapore) to the bases you need supply. A dot base, or level 1 base may only allow 75 supply per day to flow through, but a level 4 or 5 base will allow 600 a day.

I'm in the opposite position as you, as allies trying to move from north Thailand to Bangkok. There are 3 bases all together there, and the southern most base is level 1. It can get 75 supplies (per day, I think), and i only have one construction unit there. I'm building it at 1% per day. If I was playing a human, I would not be able to hold the base at all. One infantry unit sucks all supply and the base won't build. I guess we're supposed to go through Tavoy, instead of those north Thai bases?

The older I get, the better I was.

Post #: 5
RE: IJ Supplies in Burma (42) - 6/15/2010 3:10:43 PM   
vonSchnitter

Well Bradley,

I am with you - actually - I tried to work along the lines you mentioned plus another factor.

Call me stupid.

The road/rail network is a limiting factor im moving supplies. etc. Right ?
If base size is an issue fine.

Here we go:

Rangoon: 21 k req, 68 avail
Pegu: 25 (!) avail, 3k req - troops present
Baseein: 3k avail. 1k req - no troops

For about a week ? Just for the argument.

What would be the threshold fpr Rangoon to send sup back to Singer ?

(in reply to Bradley7735)
Post #: 6
RE: IJ Supplies in Burma (42) - 6/15/2010 3:47:20 PM   
Rainer79

I'd recommend sending the SAA HQ to Rangoon. That should stop the supplies from flowing back across the trails though you'll have to manually increase the supply requirement for Singapore to prevent that base from becoming empty.

Post #: 7
RE: IJ Supplies in Burma (42) - 6/15/2010 3:54:09 PM   
castor troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: vonSchnitter

LoBaron,

greatings from Cologne ! Thanks for the required supply x3 hint. Should I have read the manuals/addendums more closely ?
I will proceed along your sugggestion - maybe we can come up with something ...

not in the manual I guess but bigJ gave that hint on the forum some time ago.

Post #: 8
RE: IJ Supplies in Burma (42) - 6/15/2010 5:15:54 PM   
vonSchnitter

I feel obliged to own up to the fact, that ambiguous responses like castor troys (without a link or solid reference) do tend to get me started.

However here are the facts:

Just for a quick test: Rangoon suuply req. from 21+ (some 65+ actual) to 4000+ (lowest possible)

anything else the same.

Where is the suplus going ?

Surprise, surprise to .... Prome (26k req, 59 k getting), Rangon down to 14k, Pegu still starving)
Remained the same for the next move.

Is there a logic ? Please tell me.
saves available
cheers

(in reply to castor troy)
Post #: 9
RE: IJ Supplies in Burma (42) - 6/15/2010 10:59:34 PM   
LeeChard

Try reducing Rangoon supply demand to it's lowest then go to the next base up the road and increase it's supply demand, keep doing this and you can sort of walk your supplies to your destination.

Post #: 10
RE: IJ Supplies in Burma (42) - 6/18/2010 2:33:45 PM   
vonSchnitter

Well, Ranger

that is what I try to do now for a while.

However. Pegu is still starving - as well as Myitkina, while places like Bahmo (no garrison, no nothing) Lashio and Paoshan are throwing rather lavish officer mess parties or just use the sake available to keep the local tribes humoured. Running out of died feathers and tiny mirrors etc. I guess.

Under the same token: According to Tracker, Rangoon is fluctuating between 80+k fuel and 30 something the next day for a while. No ships close.

In view of the many micro management options- down to single pilots - and the stated focus on logistics (rightly so) - I tend to consider the situation as less - far less - than satisfactory.
Similar issues tend to happen in China.

Whatever. Time for the chaps in the know to either reveal the "logic" behind the supply and resource movement stuff or come up with a plan and timetable to fix it - to work along lines of thinking like Rangers.

I would care to play a PBM some day ...

Cheers

(in reply to LeeChard)
Post #: 11
RE: IJ Supplies in Burma (42) - 6/18/2010 10:38:10 PM   
Djordje

How many bases in Burma, India and nearby have their supply requirements set to more than default? Islands and different land masses excluded.
If you set too many bases to request more supplies it can confuse supply model. Try setting everything to default and leave it for 7 days, then adjust only one base by 1000 and give it additional 7 days...
If I remember correctly supplies don't move every day so you will have to be patient to actually see some pattern and logic in the supply moves.

Post #: 12
RE: IJ Supplies in Burma (42) - 6/19/2010 8:22:20 PM   
LeeChard

I get similar results, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't seem to, but I haven't found a better alternative yet.

(in reply to Djordje)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> IJ Supplies in Burma (42) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI