Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Won't Install lol typical Matrixgame for me

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Storm over the Pacific >> Tech Support >> Won't Install lol typical Matrixgame for me Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Won't Install lol typical Matrixgame for me - 6/15/2010 11:50:22 PM   
MajFrankBurns

It must just be Matrixgames because I have more issues with them than anything else. This one is a doozy. Won't Install and I've downloaded it twice now.

Something about Astrum Installer: Checksum mismatch:The Installation is corrupt. Couldn't Read TOC:Aborting.

Well Erik ole boy let's see you fix this one?
Post #: 1
RE: Won't Install lol typical Matrixgame for me - 6/15/2010 11:52:06 PM   
Erik Rutins

It definitely sounds like a corrupt download. How is this a typical Matrix Game for you, do you regularly have corrupt downloads?

Please delete any copies you've downloaded, clear out your temporary internet files and then try re-downloading one more time. You can try a download manager like www.stardownloader.com as long as you set it to single stream rather than multiple streams.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to MajFrankBurns)
Post #: 2
RE: Won't Install lol typical Matrixgame for me - 6/15/2010 11:56:36 PM   
spelk

I purchased and downloaded it from Gamersgate and I'm experiencing the exact same error message:

"Checksum mismatch. The installation is corrupt or has been tampered with. If you downloaded this file from the Internet, try downloading it again."

After acknowledging the error, a further error is displayed, by the Astrum installer:

"Couldn't read TOC. Aborting."

I suspect its a corrupt distribution from the developers.

(I should add that I've downloaded three times now)

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 3
RE: Won't Install lol typical Matrixgame for me - 6/15/2010 11:58:24 PM   
Erik Rutins

That's not good news - it would be very surprising if it was the same as we did not do the Gamers Gate installer, it's a completely different installer from the one the developers provided to Gamers Gate. Is anyone else seeing this issue with our installer? I should add that we verified our installer before making it live, so I'd be shocked if the version in the store is corrupt rather than it being a problem in transit.

MajFrankBurns, could you post a screenshot of exactly the error message, can you confirm this is the installer from our store? We do not use an "Astrum Installer" which is what you reported the error with.

Regards,

- Erik

< Message edited by Erik Rutins -- 6/16/2010 12:00:14 AM >

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to spelk)
Post #: 4
RE: Won't Install lol typical Matrixgame for me - 6/15/2010 11:59:48 PM   
doomtrader

Matrix Games and GamersGate are different installers.
I was able to download GG version earlier today and doing the same now to see how does it works.

What I can only suspect, it might be too much transit on the servers.

(in reply to spelk)
Post #: 5
RE: Won't Install lol typical Matrixgame for me - 6/16/2010 12:01:22 AM   
MajFrankBurns

I'm using Gamersgate I already told you in other thread I already have major issues with Digital River. I get a popup during installation (the game downloads quite alright there's no issues with downloading). The popup says exactly what I typed.

Post #: 6
RE: Won't Install lol typical Matrixgame for me - 6/16/2010 12:05:31 AM   
Erik Rutins

I see - then why are you posting here complaining about problems purchasing from us when you purchased from Gamers Gate? I just re-read your post above and your earlier post. In fact you said nothing about downloading from Gamers Gate, you simply complained about us and your original post makes it sound like this was an issue with our store and our download.

If you have an issue with a purchase from Gamers Gate, kindly direct yourself to their support. We didn't make their installer, we don't have any input on their store or their release QA. We do support our customers and our store, we are not here to support Gamers Gate.

Sorry to be blunt, but I think you need to reconsider a few things.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

Post #: 7
RE: Won't Install lol typical Matrixgame for me - 6/16/2010 12:09:48 AM   
uncc

I also downloaded from Gamersgate (bought last week to get in on the beta). Earlier today when I saw it had been released, I deleted my beta and re-downloaded version 1.00. This was around 1:15pm (eastern time/US). Download went fine and game is working fine. Also updated to 1.01. Game seems to be workng OK so far. I never had much time to give SoP much of a go so I'm still working my way through the tutorial.....

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once -- David Hume, Scottish philosopher (1711 - 1776)

Post #: 8
RE: Won't Install lol typical Matrixgame for me - 6/16/2010 12:12:36 AM   
doomtrader

It looks like the error is on installer provider side and there is an issue that might cause that error. I'm currently downloading beta update and I'm going to create new build. As the GamersGate is closed now (it's 1 AM in here) I'll upload this on our server (but it will take me around two hours).

Please write me to doomtrader[at]bitterglory.com with your name and lastname so I can give you an access before new version will be available at GamersGate

Post #: 9
RE: Won't Install lol typical Matrixgame for me - 6/16/2010 12:16:36 AM   
spelk

Thanks for explaining about the different installers Erik, much appreciated.

I only raised an issue here (referring to the Gamersgate installation), because I saw someone else was having the same problem with the Matrix version, so perhaps its a machine/setup dependant problem rather than a distribution one?

(in reply to uncc)
Post #: 10
RE: Won't Install lol typical Matrixgame for me - 6/16/2010 12:18:38 AM   
MajFrankBurns

This is tech support for the Game of Storm over the Pacific. I didn't see anywhere where it said "MATRIX EDITION ONLY". So I expect support and to fix this INSTALLER issue. I don't imagine Gamersgate had anything to do with the coding of the installer. Wouldn't that be made by the DEVELOPERS?

quote:

by Spelk: I suspect its a corrupt distribution from the developers.

Post #: 11
RE: Won't Install lol typical Matrixgame for me - 6/16/2010 12:20:02 AM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: spelkZERO
Thanks for explaining about the different installers Erik, much appreciated.
I only raised an issue here (referring to the Gamersgate installation), because I saw someone else was having the same problem with the Matrix version, so perhaps its a machine/setup dependant problem rather than a distribution one?

I had no problem at all with your post, spelkZERO as you made it clear that you had purchased and downloaded from Gamersgate. That actually helped resolve the issue as MajFrankBurns was very unclear on that point.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to spelk)
Post #: 12
RE: Won't Install lol typical Matrixgame for me - 6/16/2010 12:20:52 AM   
MajFrankBurns

quote:

ORIGINAL: doomtrader

It looks like the error is on installer provider side and there is an issue that might cause that error. I'm currently downloading beta update and I'm going to create new build. As the GamersGate is closed now (it's 1 AM in here) I'll upload this on our server (but it will take me around two hours).

Please write me to doomtrader[at]bitterglory.com with your name and lastname so I can give you an access before new version will be available at GamersGate

If it's going to be on Gamersgate sometime this week that is fine Doomtrader. I just wanted someone to acknowledge that there was an installer problem and I thank you for being POLITE unlike some people I know. I'll wait a day or two and try again.

Thank you for your time and service.

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 13
RE: Won't Install lol typical Matrixgame for me - 6/16/2010 12:22:19 AM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: MajFrankBurns
This is tech support for the Game of Storm over the Pacific. I didn't see anywhere where it said "MATRIX EDITION ONLY". So I expect support and to fix this INSTALLER issue. I don't imagine Gamersgate had anything to do with the coding of the installer. Wouldn't that be made by the DEVELOPERS?

This forum is indeed for support of the game, but when it comes to store and installer issues, its for the Matrix release only as far as answers from our staff goes. The developers may be able to help, but you need to be clear about where you got the game and not just vent at us without the facts.

You did not make it clear that you purchase from GamersGate. Your two posts in fact directly blamed us for these issues. In fact, we did not create the installer you used and we have nothing to do with the GamersGate release.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

Post #: 14
RE: Won't Install lol typical Matrixgame for me - 6/16/2010 12:30:04 AM   
doomtrader

We are here for most of the day (and night), and we are here to help.

The new Wastelands' installer will be delivered to other distributors tomorrow morning.
At the moment I'm uploading new build to our server. All of those who will write me to doomtrader[at]bitterglory.com within next hour will get a link to download.
Others must wait until morning CET as we really need to get some sleep sometimes.

Post #: 15
RE: Won't Install lol typical Matrixgame for me - 6/16/2010 12:58:06 AM   
gabeeg

Erik,  You have the patience of Job....I have seen just about every other developer or developer support blow up at some point...even the best of them...I have never seen you lose your cool (if you have...I must have missed it).   (having worked software support back in the day and OEM/Engineering liaison work...I know this is real, real difficult at times).   I appreciate it

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 16
RE: Won't Install lol typical Matrixgame for me - 6/16/2010 1:14:33 AM   
Toby42

I can't believe that this guy buys his product from someone else and expects Matrix to fix it for him!

Tony

(in reply to gabeeg)
Post #: 17
RE: Won't Install lol typical Matrixgame for me - 6/16/2010 1:24:59 AM   
MajFrankBurns

quote:

ORIGINAL: Treale

I can't believe that this guy buys his product from someone else and expects Matrix to fix it for him!

It's a Matrixgames production dude and how do you think they got the game to sell in the first place?

< Message edited by MajFrankBurns -- 6/16/2010 1:30:15 AM >

(in reply to Toby42)
Post #: 18
RE: Won't Install lol typical Matrixgame for me - 6/16/2010 1:35:03 AM   
doomtrader

Not exactly.

This is a Wastelands Interactive production and Matrix Games is a Publisher.

Post #: 19
RE: Won't Install lol typical Matrixgame for me - 6/16/2010 1:38:55 AM   
MajFrankBurns

quote:

ORIGINAL: doomtrader

Not exactly.

This is a Wastelands Interactive production and Matrix Games is a Publisher.

Symantics. You're both affiliated. Did you not get ANY support from Matrixgames during development?

Also is Gamersgate a PUBLISHER or a DISTRIBUTER?

< Message edited by MajFrankBurns -- 6/16/2010 1:39:52 AM >

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 20
RE: Won't Install lol typical Matrixgame for me - 6/16/2010 1:42:33 AM   
tgb

He's either an idiot or a troll.  Or both.

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 21
RE: Won't Install lol typical Matrixgame for me - 6/16/2010 1:43:57 AM   
Scott_WAR

quote:

Symantics. You're both affiliated. Did you not get ANY support from Matrixgames during development?

Are you an IDIOT or a MORON?

< Message edited by Scott_WAR -- 6/16/2010 1:44:51 AM >

Post #: 22
RE: Won't Install lol typical Matrixgame for me - 6/16/2010 1:51:34 AM   
MajFrankBurns

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scott_WAR

quote:

Are you an IDIOT or a MORON?

Alright Erik where's your ban stick? I've been insulted an offended. Isn't that a violation of your forum rules?

(in reply to Scott_WAR)
Post #: 23
RE: Won't Install lol typical Matrixgame for me - 6/16/2010 1:58:54 AM   
doomtrader

GamersGate is a distributor and is using our installer, not the Matrix one.

OK, I think that the issue in this thread has been answered and is being resolved, so let's wait until morning.

Post #: 24
RE: Won't Install lol typical Matrixgame for me - 6/16/2010 2:28:41 AM   
Erik Rutins

No personal attacks, consider that a warning folks. Allow us to handle responses to customers please.

I'm locking this thread for now.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 25
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Storm over the Pacific >> Tech Support >> Won't Install lol typical Matrixgame for me Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI