Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

I think this game is ready for prime time

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Storm over the Pacific >> I think this game is ready for prime time Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
I think this game is ready for prime time - 6/17/2010 1:37:15 AM   
axisandallies

I have played around this game for a couple of hours now and I want people to know that this is looking like it's going to be a good game. The only thing I don't like are the counters, but hey that's just me. Just a note, when it says click on the can, look down and to the left and guess what? There is a picture of a can, what don't you understand about that? I have never liked tutorials in the past and I enjoy "baptism by fire". What's the big deal about misspelled words? Didn't Mr. Webster say "only and idiot knows how to spell one word the same way?" I like the feel of this game and the naval side is way better than TOW. Also you can't buy tank unit after tank unit and deploy them right away....I have to wait 16 turns for a corp sized tank unit! Wow I'm really going to have to plan ahead. Two hours of playing and no ctd's. Well time to get back to the game.

Stupid rebellion, anyhow....D. Vader
Post #: 1
RE: I think this game is ready for prime time - 6/17/2010 1:51:18 AM   
HR2

quote:

ORIGINAL: axisandallies

I have played around this game for a couple of hours now and I want people to know that this is looking like it's going to be a good game. The only thing I don't like are the counters, but hey that's just me. Just a note, when it says click on the can, look down and to the left and guess what? There is a picture of a can, what don't you understand about that? I have never liked tutorials in the past and I enjoy "baptism by fire". What's the big deal about misspelled words? Didn't Mr. Webster say "only and idiot knows how to spell one word the same way?" I like the feel of this game and the naval side is way better than TOW. Also you can't buy tank unit after tank unit and deploy them right away....I have to wait 16 turns for a corp sized tank unit! Wow I'm really going to have to plan ahead. Two hours of playing and no ctd's. Well time to get back to the game.

Counters might grow on you. I didn't like them at first.... looking cartoon like. However I like them over most games now.

I'm getting CD's when I exit a game which in turn loses the saves I did:(

This needs to be corrected for me or I'm screw'd:)

OTOH..the game rocks! And yeah..planning is big;)

(in reply to axisandallies)
Post #: 2
RE: I think this game is ready for prime time - 6/17/2010 2:05:46 AM   
axisandallies

Also I'm impressed by the number of commanders.

(in reply to HR2)
Post #: 3
RE: I think this game is ready for prime time - 6/17/2010 4:31:28 AM   
vonRocko

quote:

ORIGINAL: axisandallies

Just a note, when it says click on the can, look down and to the left and guess what? There is a picture of a can, what don't you understand about that?

I couldn't care less about their spelling errors, but could someone show me these "cans"? My purchase button shows coins. Do some have cans and others coins?

Post #: 4
RE: I think this game is ready for prime time - 6/17/2010 8:53:55 AM   
Rasputitsa

Agent S has done agreat job on classic unit icons and map for 'Time of Wrath', I am hoping that he can do a similar mod for 'SotP'.

(in reply to vonRocko)
Post #: 5
RE: I think this game is ready for prime time - 6/17/2010 8:55:03 AM   
Anraz

quote:

ORIGINAL: HR2

Counters might grow on you. I didn't like them at first.... looking cartoon like. However I like them over most games now.

I'm getting CD's when I exit a game which in turn loses the saves I did:(

This needs to be corrected for me or I'm screw'd:)

OTOH..the game rocks! And yeah..planning is big;)

Have a look here: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2498680 :)

(in reply to HR2)
Post #: 6
RE: I think this game is ready for prime time - 6/17/2010 8:58:29 AM   
jomni

Don't have the game yet but it looks like the counters are moddable.

(in reply to Anraz)
Post #: 7
RE: I think this game is ready for prime time - 6/17/2010 8:59:49 AM   
Anraz

quote:

ORIGINAL: jomni

Don't have the game yet but it looks like the counters are moddable.

Exactly.

(in reply to jomni)
Post #: 8
RE: I think this game is ready for prime time - 6/17/2010 9:07:24 AM   
Anraz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rasputitsa

Agent S has done agreat job on classic unit icons and map for 'Time of Wrath', I am hoping that he can do a similar mod for 'SotP'.

Looks like AgentS is already here: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2498740&mpage=1&key=�

(in reply to Rasputitsa)
Post #: 9
RE: I think this game is ready for prime time - 6/17/2010 11:17:32 AM   
MajFrankBurns

I actually like the counters but hate the toy soldiers look. I couldn't hardly tell the difference of the sides using Sprites. So counters it is for me right now. The toy soldiers look took up too much of the screen and hex my god it was horrible looking. Bright wooden bases? Cmon you should have used green bases like minatures and not so big.

The game though is a lot of fun and I haven't found the frustrations some have as I jumped right in and found everything pretty intuitive. There's description messages that popup over every icon and tell you what it does, how can that be frustrating? RTFM helps also. Only thing I haven't really got the jist of yet is how to increase production and setting up convoys. Moving ships around and using carriers for air strikes and recon is pretty simple.

This is a pretty good one so far. Why I bet it's better than that ole BftB and has more longevity as it looks easily moddable and has a simple gameplay structure like a Panzer General.

(in reply to Anraz)
Post #: 10
RE: I think this game is ready for prime time - 6/17/2010 11:30:36 PM   
Anraz

quote:

ORIGINAL: MajFrankBurns
Bright wooden bases? Cmon you should have used green bases like minatures and not so big.

Heh developers were discussing the same ferociously.... ;)

(in reply to MajFrankBurns)
Post #: 11
RE: I think this game is ready for prime time - 6/17/2010 11:59:32 PM   
Scott_WAR

quote:

ORIGINAL: MajFrankBurns

I actually like the counters but hate the toy soldiers look. I couldn't hardly tell the difference of the sides using Sprites.

Dont they face in opposite directions on each side? For example USA faces right, IJN faces left.

(in reply to MajFrankBurns)
Post #: 12
RE: I think this game is ready for prime time - 6/18/2010 12:07:24 AM   
vonRocko

I am really enjoying the game,nice job guys, but I got one suggestion. When using the "tab" button to get the next active unit, it would be nice if the map would center on the unit. It is a big map, and you have to search for the highlighted unit. Can it be done? Maybe for a future patch?

(in reply to Scott_WAR)
Post #: 13
RE: I think this game is ready for prime time - 6/18/2010 12:10:57 AM   
gwgardner

quote:

ORIGINAL: vonRocko

I am really enjoying the game,nice job guys, but I got one suggestion. When using the "tab" button to get the next active unit, it would be nice if the map would center on the unit. It is a big map, and you have to search for the highlighted unit. Can it be done? Maybe for a future patch?

I haven't figured this out either. What sometimes works, in getting the centering to take place, is to click on the 'units' icon before doing a tab. Then the centering starts working. Hopefully they'll look into this in an upcoming patch.

(in reply to vonRocko)
Post #: 14
RE: I think this game is ready for prime time - 6/18/2010 1:21:49 AM   
Kubel

Being an old time board wargamer I like counters ...I'll be downloading when I get off shift and home in 16 hours. Looking forward to some enjoyable gamimg.

Don
"Our profession should always be crowned by heroic death in battle" Generalfeldmarschall Fedor von Bock

(in reply to gwgardner)
Post #: 15
RE: I think this game is ready for prime time - 6/18/2010 1:31:25 AM   
axisandallies

quote:

ORIGINAL: gwgardner

quote:

ORIGINAL: vonRocko

I haven't figured this out either. What sometimes works, in getting the centering to take place, is to click on the 'units' icon before doing a tab. Then the centering starts working. Hopefully they'll look into this in an upcoming patch.

yes I agree, this could be solved in a patch?

(in reply to gwgardner)
Post #: 16
RE: I think this game is ready for prime time - 6/18/2010 9:12:12 AM   
Anraz

Now we are preparing a quickfix to address minor issues, perhaps we will have time to look at it during following weekend.

Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Storm over the Pacific >> I think this game is ready for prime time Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI