Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Combat Results Screen needs to no cover combat hex

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Storm over the Pacific >> Combat Results Screen needs to no cover combat hex Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Combat Results Screen needs to no cover combat hex - 6/19/2010 9:12:04 PM   
Texican

Seems to me when I watch a combat, I very briefly get a view of the hex involved before this semi-opaque blue screen pops up with the detail and covers the hex. Would be nice if the screen popped up an inch or two above the hex involved in combat.

Just more intuitive that way.
Post #: 1
RE: Combat Results Screen needs to no cover combat hex - 6/19/2010 9:28:24 PM   
doomtrader

We will take a look at this.

As a temporary solution, you can scroll map a little bit.

(in reply to Texican)
Post #: 2
RE: Combat Results Screen needs to no cover combat hex - 6/20/2010 9:45:29 AM   
Rasputitsa

WW2-Tow has a simpler combat results display, you still get to see the map with labels such as 'defender is weakened'. I don't want to take anything away, but personally I don't necessarily want to see a detailed list of odds on every attack. The ideal would be an option for either a simple combat results display (as ToW) and the detailed 'SotP' display (maybe offset, so as not the hide the combat area of the map).

(in reply to Texican)
Post #: 3
RE: Combat Results Screen needs to no cover combat hex - 6/20/2010 11:27:36 AM   
Rasputitsa

Could we have a control to toggle through 3 options - no reports, combat just proceeds through game cycle -or- brief small combat results window for each event (like ToW) -or- full combat report with all stats (like SotP). Keep the delay slider option that SotP has for info display.

(in reply to Rasputitsa)
Post #: 4
RE: Combat Results Screen needs to no cover combat hex - 6/23/2010 7:41:53 PM   
Henri

quote:

ORIGINAL: doomtrader

Nope You cannot scroll the map while the combat report is up. If you click on the map to scroll it, the combat report timer runs out and the combat report is gone.

This popup window takes up about half the screen, so most of the time the only way I can tell where the combat is taking place is by looking at the minimap, but this gives only an approximate idea and doesn't tell me which unit is involved when there is more than one in the area.

This problem is all the more serious that there is no way to get a summary of the losses since the start of the game except by scrolling through the reports screen one combat at a time, which takes so long that by the time I reach the end I have forgotten half of what I have seen.

And no, one should not have to take notes on a piece of paper when playing a wargame. Mayvbe some people would like to make a spreadsheet and everytimt a unit is lost, to put it on the sheet, but this sounds like micromanagement hell to me, and if I am playing this game instead of WiTP-AE, it is because I don't want too much micromanagement.

Henri

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 5
RE: Combat Results Screen needs to no cover combat hex - 6/23/2010 7:46:11 PM   
Henri

quote:

ORIGINAL: Henri

quote:

ORIGINAL: doomtrader

Nope You cannot scroll the map while the combat report is up. If you click on the map to scroll it, the combat report timer runs out and the combat report is gone.

This popup window takes up about half the screen, so most of the time the only way I can tell where the combat is taking place is by looking at the minimap, but this gives only an approximate idea and doesn't tell me which unit is involved when there is more than one in the area.

This problem is all the more serious that there is no way to get a summary of the losses since the start of the game except by scrolling through the reports screen one combat at a time, which takes so long that by the time I reach the end I have forgotten half of what I have seen.

And no, one should not have to take notes on a piece of paper when playing a wargame. Mayvbe some people would like to make a spreadsheet and everytimt a unit is lost, to put it on the sheet, but this sounds like micromanagement hell to me, and if I am playing this game instead of WiTP-AE, it is because I don't want too much micromanagement.

Henri

And oh yes, there was a unified command in the Pacific War(actually two due to Macarthur's political clout), so how about being able to command all the Allied forces at the same time instead of having to command them one at a time (first USA, the GB, then Australia, Philippines, etc ad nauseam...)

Henri

(in reply to Henri)
Post #: 6
RE: Combat Results Screen needs to no cover combat hex - 6/23/2010 8:27:28 PM   
doomtrader

Henri, we are not able to create GUI that will fit needs and vision of all players.

The easiest thing is to move the window away (as all other windows in the game).

Also we have tried to make the game as moddable as possible.
You can adjust size of any of the windows in the game, together with its components.
To do so, please go to the data folder, and open GUI_XXXX_YYY.csv file of your choice (probably the one which is equal to the resolution you are using).
Lines responsible for combat window are just below 900.
By changing values there you can adjust or completely redesign any window.

Hope this helps.

(in reply to Henri)
Post #: 7
RE: Combat Results Screen needs to no cover combat hex - 6/23/2010 10:43:50 PM   
henri51

Oops, I was wrong above when I said no scrolling while a popup window is up. You can scroll the big map under the popup window by holding down the right mouse button and dragging.I didn't know about that and found it by accident.

Henri

(in reply to Henri)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Storm over the Pacific >> Combat Results Screen needs to no cover combat hex Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI