Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Connection between the Baltic Sea and Oslo

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Time of Wrath >> Scenarios and Mods >> Connection between the Baltic Sea and Oslo Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Connection between the Baltic Sea and Oslo - 11/26/2009 10:35:01 PM   
Romdanzer

Hi Everyone,

I keep reading every now and then in posts that people would like to have Wastelands include a connection between the Baltic Sea and Oslo in a patch.

Now I don't know how many know this - but this is actually moddable. I tried it out and it works quite well. The file "sea nodes" in the scenario folders describes the individual sea areas and ports of the fleet map. The file "sea edges" then describes the connections between these "sea nodes" and also restrictions between them - for example the movement between the Baltic Sea and North Sea being only possible if you own Kopenhagen etc....

So what I did was mod my sea edges file to include the following:

1) Connection between the Baltic Sea and Oslo with the restriction of having to own Kopenhagen to be able to use it

2) Connections between Kiel and Hamburg (Representing the Kiel Canal)

3) Connection between Kiel and the North Sea (Also representing the Kiel Canal)

4) Connection between Bremen and Kiel (I am sort of split if this can also be considered an effect of the Kiel canal - but I tried this out to see if it works - it can be removed if one likes)

So for those who would like to know how this works - here it is

Romdanzer

(Copy this file to your scenario folder & don't forget to back up your original "sea edges" file)

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Romdanzer -- 11/26/2009 10:38:29 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Connection between the Baltic Sea and Oslo - 11/27/2009 6:15:18 AM   
Uxbridge

I have made similar changes. If you haven't seen it before read the list of features in the first post on my ETO-scenario thread here:

ETO

Myabe you'll get other ideas as well.

(in reply to Romdanzer)
Post #: 2
RE: Connection between the Baltic Sea and Oslo - 11/27/2009 2:30:50 PM   
TexHorns

Thanks Romdanzer that sounds great. Thanks for providing the file also.

(in reply to Romdanzer)
Post #: 3
RE: Connection between the Baltic Sea and Oslo - 11/27/2009 3:19:43 PM   
Romdanzer

Hi Uxbridge,

Yeah thanks for the point - I read your ETO scenario previously before I started my sea nodes mod. That's also another reason why I got along the road to understanding how to mod it. However I just wanted to include this mod as a stand-alone because I've read numerous posts elsewhere asking for this; it could be that this point get's lost in the long list of mods you have in your ETO scenario.

As you have already indicated actually a complete modification of the entire "seas map" is indeed possible  - i.e. creating new sea areas such as "English Channel", "Bay of Biscay" etc... as "coastel zones" for the motivation that land based aircraft can only attack these "near Sea areas" i.e. coastal zones and have the far out sea areas be free of land based aircraft attack. All this would go an at least significant way in improving the Naval game.

Have you already modified the ETO in this respect? - I haven't re-read it in a while....

Romdanzer

< Message edited by Romdanzer -- 11/27/2009 3:22:45 PM >

(in reply to TexHorns)
Post #: 4
RE: Connection between the Baltic Sea and Oslo - 11/27/2009 6:54:14 PM   
Uxbridge

The only new sea is that already mentioned. In theory you can hundreds of them, but beware. The more there are, the more confused will get the system coordinating convoys and such. Another problem is that there's a limitation how many "boxes" you can fit into the fleet map without altering the graphics.

< Message edited by Uxbridge -- 11/27/2009 10:20:02 PM >

(in reply to Romdanzer)
Post #: 5
RE: Connection between the Baltic Sea and Oslo - 6/25/2010 12:46:43 AM   
neiljoven

Halo, I am using this mod because I want that Oslo is attacked from Baltic. Nevertheless, while Oslo shows it is connect to Baltic Sea, the option to make amphibious landing keeps saying that troops need to be in North Sea. What is the trick to make landing available in the surroundings of Oslo?

Thanks and have a good day

(in reply to Uxbridge)
Post #: 6
RE: Connection between the Baltic Sea and Oslo - 6/26/2010 5:34:19 PM   
Uxbridge

You're probably using one of the earlier ETO-versions, where I had yet to discover that one needed to change the coastal areas with the map editor. I can fix this for you if you're mid game. If so you have to send me the map, not playing anything meantime. Let me know you're e-mail adress via personal messages.

Or you can have a copy of the very latest ETO. Mind that the ETO:s are PBEM-games, however. You can't play them against the AI.

(in reply to neiljoven)
Post #: 7
RE: Connection between the Baltic Sea and Oslo - 6/28/2010 2:03:05 PM   
neiljoven

Thanks for the help offer. I sent you my mail by private message. 

(in reply to Uxbridge)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Time of Wrath >> Scenarios and Mods >> Connection between the Baltic Sea and Oslo Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI