Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Night combat and the JG 30X´s - propable bug

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> Tech Support >> Night combat and the JG 30X´s - propable bug Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Night combat and the JG 30X´s - propable bug - 6/29/2010 9:57:11 PM   
ReDDoN45

I´ve already said in the main forum in the NJGr upgrade thread that I don´t get any upgrades on the JG 30X´s units though I have several hundred 190A8R7 available in the pool. I didn´t touch the JG-302 units (they still have their 190A5Us and 109G6Us) with any upgrades, still nothings happening up till March 44 (43 campaign), In the meantime I assumed that it propably is related to either my starting game selection, e.g. I mistakenly started my 1943 campaign using "New Allied campaign" from the main menu and then switched the AI/player-setup from the scenario description screen. I also assumed that it may be related to the fact that I use manual production control. Both of these issues I assumed might be an explanation for the auto-upgrade not working.

So I set up various 1944 test campaigns with both sides being player controlled. I ran several turns and found out that the "New Allied Campaign" / "New Axis Campaign" selection is not responsible for the auto upgrade not working. I also found out that despite having almost 200 A8R7 available in the pool no unit upgraded except the Stab of JG-300 (I ran the test up until late April 44). But the setting of the Production control does have an influence, as with manual production control no auto upgrade for the A8R8 happens. But I dont want the computer production in my 43 campaign to be toggled on for a small chance that the computer (propably its name is Kammhuber) some day shows mercy and upgrades my JG-302s to day fighters, as it would immediately mess up my entire production in a few turns.

I also used the test campaigns to check for some other weird observation. In my 43 campaign I never saw a succesful AI-RADAR contact with the SN-220 RADAR. Only a lot of contacts with the Naxos and Flensburg. Many of my units are equiped with the 110G4R7 and the Heinkel Uhu´s and alredy one with the Ju88Gs. I assumed that might be jamming or some hard-coded availability date for the SN-220 usage. But with March 44 still not working (at the height of the successful Verfolgungsjagd... tame boar) still not ONE succesful contact with it. The night-combat behaves like a moving "Wilde Sau" as succesfull air to air contact and kills are in 90-95% of the cases over FlaK concentrations along the way or over the target.

So I also tested in the above stated 1944 test campaigns (after quickly advancing into April 44) by creating several slow Night Bomber strikes against deeply positioned German cities without any supporting jammer units. Then I intercepted the raids during several night with different air units with certain electronic outfits. As in my real 43 campaign (which as stated above has now also progressed till 3/44)I NEVER saw a SN-220 Contact being made. I saw occasional FuG-212 and Flensburg contacts (as well as some visual over FlaK chokepoints). But FuG-212 contacts only by units which ONLY have the FuG-212 and no other devices. I concluded from that there might be a bug with the SN-220 or there might be a problem with aircraft having several devices, as the Flensburg allways overrules the SN-220 for the detection process. No aircraft only has the SN-220, it is allways accompanied by some Radar detector equipment, so I can´t test the latter assumption. I made a lot of tests to check for the slim chance that they might for some other reason not made succesful contacts.

Is this a known bug or am I doing something wrong. And what about making the WIlde Sau units manually upgradeable to the A8R7 and G14/R6 to avoid depending on the grace of the computer to get day fighters. Shouln´t that be possible as with the minor nations and the 109G6.

Bis dat qui cito dat!
Post #: 1
RE: Night combat and the JG 30X´s - propable bug - 6/30/2010 12:34:06 AM   
harley

I'm not familiar with the auto-upgrade theory, though I know the code.

Is the upgrade AC a "pak" model or a base model? If the former, then it will be an easy solution as I probably didn't consider the mechanics there.

I will look into the AI contacts - feel free to zip and PM me your save file.

gigiddy gigiddy gig-i-ddy

(in reply to ReDDoN45)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> Tech Support >> Night combat and the JG 30X´s - propable bug Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI