Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Videos makes crash the game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem >> Tech Support >> Videos makes crash the game Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Videos makes crash the game - 7/9/2010 8:32:46 AM   
Boores

When the Matrix intro exe, the game crash to desktop. By this reason I click the mouse to go directly to the game and evade the crash. I´ve purchased the game yesterday and i have couldn´t play the campaing but on close combat series forum people speak the same problem, and on campaing game the game crash again when the campaing game plays videos. Any fix??? Any suggestion??? Decoder problem??? I have windows XP with mediaplayer 11 and Vlc. My graphic card is a Ati 4670, AMD Dual Core 3.8+ 2,4Ghz,3Gg RAM.

Tanksss
Post #: 1
RE: Videos makes crash the game - 7/9/2010 8:46:37 AM   
Andrew Williams

Until you get an answer try turning videos off in options.

(in reply to Boores)
Post #: 2
RE: Videos makes crash the game - 7/9/2010 9:00:05 AM   
Boores

ok then. Thanks

(in reply to Boores)
Post #: 3
RE: Videos makes crash the game - 7/9/2010 9:32:10 AM   
jomni

Definitely a decoder problem. Different PC's have different results.  Some work, some don't. Not only for CC games but also for other games.  If there a conflict, I always include the game to the exclusion list of ffdshow (I have this installed and is the main cause of conflict).  Luckily my CC games are ok with the movies.  There is an option to turn it off in the game.  The movie just narrates the Market Garden campaign with some old balck and white war footage (just like the other CC games)... it's not too great anyway.

(in reply to Boores)
Post #: 4
RE: Videos makes crash the game - 7/9/2010 5:00:43 PM   
SteveMcClaire

Likely this is a codec issue of some sort.

Try going into the game, opening the Options dialog, and changing to Window Mode (there's a check box right by the game display resolution setting).  Quit the game and restart it and see if the videos play correctly.

Steve

(in reply to jomni)
Post #: 5
RE: Videos makes crash the game - 7/10/2010 2:18:33 PM   
ArtilleryHorse

I would have thought that they would have this fixed by now. Win 7 64, I7, bla bla bla, hit the play button, the first time I installed, went through load and the videos were torn and covered with black squares, thought I got lucky because I got to the options screen and turned video options off, hit next then execute and black screen, tasked out and tried to log in again - black screen, tired of reinstalling to look at black screen, would be nice if support could do something about this, after all it is 2010...

(in reply to SteveMcClaire)
Post #: 6
RE: Videos makes crash the game - 7/10/2010 3:17:42 PM   
Hard Sarge

mine is kind of odd

think I have started the game 5-6 times now, I get the Matrix opening, but it don't show, just a black screen with the sound, then I get the 2nd Vid, but can't see it

only once did the Matrix vid show up (clicked too fast, so didn't see the 2nd vid)

started the Grand Campaign, and got the black screen for the opening Vid

(will play around with it some to see what I can see)

(in reply to ArtilleryHorse)
Post #: 7
RE: Videos makes crash the game - 7/10/2010 8:00:48 PM   
ArtilleryHorse

Okay Matrix, what is going on, I purchase a game that doesn't work with windows 7, did u test it? On start the videos have black patches on them, if I let it run it just goes to black screen, if I hit my mouse button the black screen is immediate. This is the same kind of garbage that happened with your games 5 years ago when u tried to take 10 year old games and make them work on modern computers, not impressed!!!

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 8
RE: Videos makes crash the game - 7/10/2010 8:09:39 PM   
Mafi

quote:

ORIGINAL: kzone

...thought I got lucky because I got to the options screen and turned video options off, hit next then execute and black screen, tasked out and tried to log in again - black screen, tired of reinstalling ...

Hi kzone,

do as Steve said:
- turn into "windowed mode" (General settings), but you must do this setting probably twice.
- for accessing the options screnn again you must click into the black hole again,
- then you can keep videos on.

Cordially
Mafi

Post #: 9
RE: Videos makes crash the game - 7/10/2010 8:33:14 PM   
RD Oddball

Kzone we'd like to help you. We need some information from you. Have you tried what our lead developer has suggested first? This will help us narrow down if the game is at fault or if it's an issue with your computer. Please try that first then report back. Please continue to be patient a little longer.

As Mafi suggested:
quote:

do as Steve said:
- turn into "windowed mode" (General settings), but you must do this setting probably twice.
- for accessing the options screnn again you must click into the black hole again,
- then you can keep videos on.

Thanks!

(in reply to Mafi)
Post #: 10
RE: Videos makes crash the game - 7/11/2010 1:30:34 AM   
ArtilleryHorse

I can't see the screen, to click on the buttons, so how do I do that?

(in reply to RD Oddball)
Post #: 11
RE: Videos makes crash the game - 7/11/2010 2:31:33 AM   
Andrew Williams

when you click on

Play last stand arnhem

hold down the CTRL key

an options box should open so you can change settings.

Post #: 12
RE: Videos makes crash the game - 7/11/2010 5:00:42 AM   
RD Oddball

If you can't see the screen kzone that's very indicative of there being a driver problem on your computer. First do what was suggested and let us know the results. Thanks!

(in reply to Andrew Williams)
Post #: 13
RE: Videos makes crash the game - 7/11/2010 7:32:40 AM   
ArtilleryHorse

okay will try the menu, thx for info

10 minutes later... Fixed, didn't need window mode, just needed to turn off the videos and I go direct to main menu and all is good. Thank you!

< Message edited by kzone -- 7/11/2010 7:38:15 AM >

(in reply to RD Oddball)
Post #: 14
RE: Videos makes crash the game - 7/11/2010 4:45:01 PM   
RD Oddball

Okay kzone glad you were able to at least get into the game to play it. Thanks for being patient.

Post #: 15
RE: Videos makes crash the game - 7/11/2010 7:42:14 PM   
SteveMcClaire

Can you open one of the game videos (like 'intro.wmv') in Windows Media Player and play it correctly?

If you are hearing the videos but not seeing them, this likely means you do not have a video codec (or you have an outdated or corrupted codec) for the video format we're using.  This is odd since we are using WMV.  You might try re-installing the Microsoft Windows Media Player and see if that fixes the problem.

(in reply to RD Oddball)
Post #: 16
RE: Videos makes crash the game - 7/11/2010 8:17:25 PM   
pagskier

OK this happened to me several time(game crashing with video)

now In GC I can't get to day 3 it just keep crashing
it 1st crashed in debriefing
and then now when I push next it just keep on crashing and crshing and crashing

Post #: 17
RE: Videos makes crash the game - 7/11/2010 8:18:12 PM   
pagskier

it crashes in main window when I select my saved game

I have videos turned off or on
and windowed

< Message edited by pagskier -- 7/11/2010 8:23:04 PM >

(in reply to pagskier)
Post #: 18
RE: Videos makes crash the game - 7/11/2010 9:16:39 PM   
RD Oddball

Have you tried what Steve suggested above?

quote:

Can you open one of the game videos (like 'intro.wmv') in Windows Media Player and play it correctly?

If you are hearing the videos but not seeing them, this likely means you do not have a video codec (or you have an outdated or corrupted codec) for the video format we're using. This is odd since we are using WMV. You might try re-installing the Microsoft Windows Media Player and see if that fixes the problem.

(in reply to pagskier)
Post #: 19
RE: Videos makes crash the game - 7/11/2010 9:24:18 PM   
Andrew Williams

Could pagskiers crash have nothing to do with video?

(in reply to RD Oddball)
Post #: 20
RE: Videos makes crash the game - 7/11/2010 9:27:55 PM   
RD Oddball

Since it's the daily videos it's crashing on, certainly. I sent Steve an e-mail to have a look and make suggestions. Thanks for checking that it was considered though.

Post #: 21
RE: Videos makes crash the game - 7/11/2010 9:33:21 PM   
Andrew Williams

quote:

it crashes in main window when I select my saved game

I have videos turned off or on
and windowed

< Message edited by Andrew Williams -- 7/11/2010 9:45:49 PM >

(in reply to RD Oddball)
Post #: 22
RE: Videos makes crash the game - 7/12/2010 4:27:48 PM   
Hard Sarge

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steve McClaire

If you are hearing the videos but not seeing them, this likely means you do not have a video codec (or you have an outdated or corrupted codec) for the video format we're using.  This is odd since we are using WMV.  You might try re-installing the Microsoft Windows Media Player and see if that fixes the problem.

I don't think so

I have dozen of Matrix games and can watch the Intro Vid with them, and I got my own game and I can watch the Intro Vid

and yes, I can open and run all of the vids for the game with Media player, no trouble

twice out of 8-9 starts I have gotten the Intro Vid to play, the other times it is a black screen but with sound

I restarted a GC to test it, and as soon as it started, I got the vid and then it went to a black screen with sound

outside of the game, they work, it is inside of that something is going fishy ?

(I just got a new Mother board, 2 new Vid Cards and 2 new HDs, and spent about 8 hours with Tech support to get all new drivers installed, along with the OS (it was a bad month))

Post #: 23
RE: Videos makes crash the game - 7/12/2010 5:29:21 PM   
RD Oddball

Thanks for the info Hard Sarge. That helps us narrow it down. From what you described it does sound like it's internal to the game but we'd have to check to be sure. Just to be sure have you already passed along your computer info? What OS, what the new video card memory sizes are, RAM, etc.

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 24
RE: Videos makes crash the game - 7/12/2010 8:17:16 PM   
ArtilleryHorse

Well, I played last night for an hour just to get into the game. Today I tried to log in and there we go, black screen, my videos are turned off in game. All my drivers are up to date as I just installed a new motherboard. Nap total war runs flawlessly on max settings so your right odd ball it does look like its internal to the game, as more people buy more will complain and possibly we get this fixed...

(in reply to RD Oddball)
Post #: 25
RE: Videos makes crash the game - 7/12/2010 9:08:19 PM   
Andrew Williams

kzone

Are you saying you played yesterday without any problems with vids turned off and today you are having problems?

That does sound weird.

Post #: 26
RE: Videos makes crash the game - 7/12/2010 11:50:12 PM   
ArtilleryHorse

Yup, however I played right after I got it fixed, I'm sure if I logged out, I would have had the same problem. Something interesting, when I tried to log in yesterday the videos were covered in black squares. I took andrew's advice, hit control/click play, got menu, cleared the video check mark and the game went to launch screen, I tried a few scenarios, fooling around for an hour no problems. Tried today and black screen again, so I uninstalled, removed all reg entries and reinstalled. This time when I clicked on the ctrl/play the options were the same as when I deleted ie: video still unchecked. Where are those original settings stored? Why wouldn't it default back to the those settings? No tech here, just think might have something to do with it. I want to try and see if win xp compatability might work. Running as admin. doesn't...

Post #: 27
RE: Videos makes crash the game - 7/12/2010 11:54:07 PM   
Andrew Williams

You could try xp compatibilty... won't hurt

I'm playing on

Win7 32 bit
Vista 32bit
Vista 64 bit

All as administrator but not compatibility mode.

Post #: 28
RE: Videos makes crash the game - 7/14/2010 11:01:19 AM   
Hard Sarge

quote:

ORIGINAL: RD_Oddball

Thanks for the info Hard Sarge. That helps us narrow it down. From what you described it does sound like it's internal to the game but we'd have to check to be sure. Just to be sure have you already passed along your computer info? What OS, what the new video card memory sizes are, RAM, etc.

ahhh

XP SP3

4 Gigs of ram (XP only uses 3)

2 ATI 4870 Vid cards, 512 Mg mem each

(in reply to RD Oddball)
Post #: 29
RE: Videos makes crash the game - 7/14/2010 11:23:27 AM   
Andrew Williams

Does anyone that is having video problems have tLD ot WaR... do videos work there?

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem >> Tech Support >> Videos makes crash the game Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI