Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

sigh

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem >> Tech Support >> sigh Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
sigh - 7/15/2010 11:50:07 PM   
SkyStrike

1. Why is there no retreat/surrender button for german "bo" defense troop battles?? DO you think I want to wait 15 minutes each time the worthless allied AI is trying to attack with superior troops even if I had only 1 reserve? WHY IS THERE NO SURRENDER/WITHRAW BUTTON? IT IS NOT WISE TO RESTRICT AND LIMIT OPTIONS IN THE NAME OF STANDARDIZATION. If I want to retreat, I should be able to do so easily. Ridiculous.

2. AI is WORTHLESS. It doesnt even move, nor does it even agree to truce until 15 minutes is up(by settings) unless u actually get to battle it(which would require it to move), even if it obviously doesnt want to fight.

3. AI is WORTHLESS.

4. AI is WORTHLESS.

5. AI is WORTHLESS.

6. when moving a battlegroup on top of a "bo" "defense force" where it is having a battle with an AB unit, why does the force not get reinforced by the rather small battlegroup, but does not get to battle/disappears? Where do the guns disappear? Ridiculous.

7. game is glitchy, soldiers take mid-run pauses while running, flares are not smooth but irrationally and annoyingly flickering.

8. why isnt the "end conditions/minutes/morale/vls/etc" changeable mid campaign?

9. Why am I able to see and even change the enemy troop rosters when playing the AI? Ridiculous? It should be an option, not a forced thing.

10. 1920x1080 resolution is not working? It gives stretched/fat/thin looking units to my 16:9 monitor, where as 1600x900 looks normal.

11. Panicked soldiers are escaping to whatever direction, usually towards enemy.

12. The 15 minute timers should be a slider, or the game should have a "Force Ceasefire" button to end waiting for the useless AI.

13. The 15 minute timers stops when Alt-TABbing here to write about it. That is a great bore, when I can hardly attack much with 2 FLaK 88s and an MG team... Rather YouTUbe or something while waiting for the lame ceasefire.

14. PLayer is unable to retreat/withdraw/surrender and never gets a ceasefire - always has to wait 15 minutes per map. Playability = 5%.

15. the victory image is childish, as is the "good team, weak team, worthless team" description on every unit.

16. Sneaking is WAY too slow.

Ill probably add more as I play more. But so far this game seems boring and annoying. And I am a CC2 fan, which I play on 1600x900 resolution and it works!

HOW TO IMPROVE CC:LSAA 100% =

1. Make AI relentlessly move towards victory locations or seek ceasefire.

2. Make timer not stop when Alt+TABbing out of game.

3. Give a Retreat/surrender button.

4. Give a "Force Cease-Fire option"

< Message edited by SkyStrike -- 7/16/2010 2:07:20 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: sigh - 7/16/2010 4:08:34 AM   
Tejszd

quote:

ORIGINAL: SkyStrike
6. when moving a battlegroup on top of a "bo" "defense force" where it is having a battle with an AB unit, why does the force not get reinforced by the rather small battlegroup, but does not get to battle/disappears? Where do the guns disappear? Ridiculous.

When a regular BG moves onto a map with a BO BG the security troops/weapons from the BO BG are added into the regular BG

quote:

9. Why am I able to see and even change the enemy troop rosters when playing the AI? Ridiculous? It should be an option, not a forced thing.

Seeing the other sides BG is only available when playing the AI as some people use that feature to help the AI by editing the forces the AI will bring into battle

quote:

10. 1920x1080 resolution is not working? It gives stretched/fat/thin looking units to my 16:9 monitor, where as 1600x900 looks normal.

Might have to check your monitor and video driver options as CC engine does not do any stretching of the images. I use 1920x1200 with no problem.

quote:

12. The 15 minute timers should be a slider, or the game should have a "Force Ceasefire" button to end waiting for the useless AI.

If you have the AI on the ropes you could always try attacking them to get their morale to break.

quote:

13. The 15 minute timers stops when Alt-TABbing here to write about it. That is a great bore, when I can hardly attack much with 2 FLaK 88s and an MG team... Rather YouTUbe or something while waiting for the lame ceasefire.

If you play in windowed mode the timer will keep going....

(in reply to SkyStrike)
Post #: 2
RE: sigh - 7/16/2010 4:58:40 AM   
Fred98

quote:

The game has the option to run in slow, medium and fast. Try using "fast".

-

(in reply to SkyStrike)
Post #: 3
RE: sigh - 7/16/2010 6:19:51 AM   
jomni

quote:

1. Why is there no retreat/surrender button for german "bo" defense troop battles?? DO you think I want to wait 15 minutes each time the worthless allied AI is trying to attack with superior troops even if I had only 1 reserve? WHY IS THERE NO SURRENDER/WITHRAW BUTTON? IT IS NOT WISE TO RESTRICT AND LIMIT OPTIONS IN THE NAME OF STANDARDIZATION. If I want to retreat, I should be able to do so easily. Ridiculous.

bo's are tied to the map so no retreat or surrender for them. I really hoped there was an auto-resolve feature to skip these unwinnable one-sided battles.

quote:

2. AI is WORTHLESS. It doesnt even move, nor does it even agree to truce until 15 minutes is up(by settings) unless u actually get to battle it(which would require it to move), even if it obviously doesnt want to fight.

3. AI is WORTHLESS.

4. AI is WORTHLESS.

5. AI is WORTHLESS.

Not as worthless as the previous CC games. In my games there are many times that the AI just sat there avoiding contact. No action for the whole 15 minutes and I just read a book to fininsh the 15 minutes (settings to Fast does not dramatically speed up the game). But there are also cases where the enemy does a mad dash to the objectives.

quote:

The bo gets incorporated into the battlegroup. The guns should be there but I guess the ridiculous part is you have to purchase them to deploy (which was free for the bo).

quote:

7. game is glitchy, soldiers take mid-run pauses while running, flares are not smooth but irrationally and annoyingly flickering.

Sholdn't the flares flicker in reality?

quote:

8. why isnt the "end conditions/minutes/morale/vls/etc" changeable mid campaign?

Don't know.

quote:

Discussed elsewhere. You have the 'option' of not looking and changing right? No one is forcing you.

quote:

No comment. But I had an instance where the game resolution automatically changed to stretched-form and not follow my desired resolution.

quote:

11. Panicked soldiers are escaping to whatever direction, usually towards enemy.

Haven't seen this.

quote:

14. PLayer is unable to retreat/withdraw/surrender and never gets a ceasefire - always has to wait 15 minutes per map. Playability = 5%.

I really wish there's a skip battle / autoresolve function.

quote:

15. the victory image is childish, as is the "good team, weak team, worthless team" description on every unit.

No comment.

quote:

I find the sneaking pace just fine.

HOW TO IMPROVE CC:LSAA 100% =

quote:

1. Make AI relentlessly move towards victory locations or seek ceasefire.

There are cases when they blindly charge. And a lot are also compaining about it.

quote:

2. Make timer not stop when Alt+TABbing out of game.

So you'd rather leave your pixel troops alone to fight and die. (If the AI ever attacks...)

quote:

3. Give a Retreat/surrender button.

I like this!

quote:

4. Give a "Force Cease-Fire option"

The timer is the Force Cease-Fire option.

(in reply to SkyStrike)
Post #: 4
RE: sigh - 7/16/2010 12:24:03 PM   
SkyStrike

quote:

i

By 'Give a "Force Cease-Fire option"' I meant immediate one. I would like it if the AI relentlessly tried to advance, or seeing that it is the underdog, seeks for ceasefire. That would mean constant battle for the duration of the battle: Human defending OR trying to advance against equal/weaker AI troops.

I mean 1920x1080, not 1980x1200. I think they 1080 might actually be 1200 as the troops looked funny there.

I AM using the game with fast, sneaking still slow.

Flares flicker in reality, just not in a laggy glitchy way.

IMPORTANT:

The bo-bg troops annexed into a BG are lost into the forcepool and have to be PURCHASED TO GET BACK. The FlaK that was just defending, sudde3nly disappears and now COSTS 80 points to get back. Ridiculous.

(in reply to Tejszd)
Post #: 5
RE: sigh - 7/16/2010 2:41:18 PM   
D.Ilse

yea the AI is a bit of a bugger, The AI in CC2 was more aggressive IMO.

(in reply to SkyStrike)
Post #: 6
RE: sigh - 7/16/2010 9:11:26 PM   
Andrew Williams

I haven't checked but you could.

How many points does the mobile BG have before it absorbs the BO BG?

Does it get extra points for having the BO incorporated thus mitigating that 80pts cost of the 88.

Or does it have the same points thus now suffering a little to have to buy the 88, even though it is an additional choice now.

(in reply to D.Ilse)
Post #: 7
RE: sigh - 7/16/2010 9:39:59 PM   
SkyStrike

i dont think it got any points for absorbing them. CBA to check it though, Ive had enough nonsense for a while.

Here is some more stuff for playing the Allies:

1. Men are incapable of following orders: EXAMPLE:

I place smoke with 3 mortars+ team smoke grenades and command multiple teams to sneak/move/move fast forwards. Then a panicked enemy ersatz soldier fires his rifle at the smoke and ALL THE MOVE ORDERS ARE CANCELED. Not only that, but those teams while are incapable of sneaking forwards in a pelntiful smoke screen due to 1 rifle shot, they DO NOT RETURN FIRE OR HIDE WHERE THEY LAY BUT = they start running/sneaking backwards!

So instead of moving forward for even 3 centimeters my whole army starts retreating due to 1 person firing a shot at them. JUST HOW LAME IS THAT?

SOLUTION = troops should not cancel move orders due to enemy fire (perhaps some can get pinned etc but to cancel, WTF?)

2. A team with a sneak order never uses its weapon during sneaking towards an enemy MG in the forest, thus getting eliminated. If I change the sneak/move/move fast order to fire, the team starts RETREATING (WTF?!) and is incapable of firing its weapons.

3. Troops even if fired upon do not see anything to fire back at. And if fired upon by big guns, do not return fire unless ordered to?

4. bridge timers are just crazy, taking in the fact that a whole bunch of move orders can be canceled by firing a single rifle shot..

5. when entering a bunker, f.e. at Graal bridge, the troops select a spot where they cannot see out. Either they move too far inside or in a corner where they cannot see out from. If forced to move manually, then they go half outside where they get killed. Ofcourse this move order can get cancelled by a single rifle shot again...

6. just plain RIDICULOUS NONSENSE.

7. With the settings "battle ends when force morale gets too low" the enemy does not withdraw but instead comes a ceasefire (WTF?), aka the whole battle group moving progress gets stalled due to enemy getting a break just because they are in panic. BOOHOO! I dont care if they panic, I want my BG to be able to make progress even and conquer the map, which woulda been possible if there wasnt a weird ceasefire just because they panic.. Now my full BG has to face that lonely ersatz reserve in the next battle instead of progressing into another map. WTF!

< Message edited by SkyStrike -- 7/16/2010 9:45:39 PM >

(in reply to Andrew Williams)
Post #: 8
RE: sigh - 7/16/2010 9:57:45 PM   
Andrew Williams

Change your settings to Obey all Orders... see if that suits you/

(in reply to SkyStrike)
Post #: 9
RE: sigh - 7/17/2010 12:52:00 AM   
7A_Woulf

And turn of "battle ends when force morale gets too low", then play without time-limit and set your side to Recruit and the 'cheating' AI to Veteran; -Should give you the time to take every bridge and clear out every enemy unit on the map...

Or you could un-install the game and play something more suitable for you.

(in reply to Andrew Williams)
Post #: 10
RE: sigh - 7/17/2010 2:46:48 AM   
SkyStrike

7A, try uninstalling yourself from this thread.

Here's some more:

1. Troops not in buildings always seek cover and never fire. They do fire if not moved from starting deployment, but usually if you sneak/move a team and select Fire/Defend/Ambush, they take like a minute strolling about, usually to wrong direction, never settling down. This is especially annoying when moving to a better firing position, then when selecting order they move away from it.

It goes like this: Sneak a team 30 meters and change to Fire/Defend/Ambush and they will sneak backwards for 10-50 meters and seek cover for a minute before eventually settling down to a position from which they cannot see anything at all.

2. an MG 100-300 meters away on the ground can easily pick up sneaking soldiers from a 2-3 story building.

3. units are very bad at aiming grenades.

4. If for example I have 2 teams in 2 houses, 1 in each, and from directly across the street 10 meters away an enemy MG team starts firing at the other team, neither team will be able to return fire as the MG team is forever invisible. Same thing even if the distance is 30+ meters. Enemy teams firing from houses and invisible and thus super effective and quite invulnerable. Targetting ground just doesnt cut it. In CC2 enemy teams in firefight were visible and available for targetting both by defend and fire orders.

5. sometimes teams seem to fire through wide 2 story buildings, even if there are supposed to be inner walls and rooms in between.

6. This game could be great but it is too bugged and unfinished.

7. when merging battlegroups, the units go to the forcepool, but what is the point compensation? if it is half the purchace points, then merging is like killing half your force. The point compensation should be 100% full 1:1, better yet to get those merged troops as free troops to the force pool. Same thing to bo-bgs, they should be added "free" too. Makes no sense to lose them just because u happen to drive through.

< Message edited by SkyStrike -- 7/17/2010 3:21:47 AM >

(in reply to 7A_Woulf)
Post #: 11
RE: sigh - 7/17/2010 2:49:13 AM   
SkyStrike

what I'd really like to know is that do the matrix people actually play this game in Single Player mode at all? I find it time and nerve consuming, compared to other games of the series.

I gotta give credit for the effort placed in the new maps, also new features. Just that playability is around 10% now. Waiting for a miracle patch.

(in reply to SkyStrike)
Post #: 12
RE: sigh - 7/17/2010 3:28:43 AM   
jomni

I am actually liking the new infantry behavior of canceling the move and running for cover. Troops are more survivable than crawl of death and charge of death. But it does make some battles boring as u have to finish the timer. Good thing I have my iPhone handy to get by these boring parts of the game.
A skip battle feature is really necessary for some. If it's hard to code a resolution algorithm and makes it gamey... Why not create more time compression options like 4x or 10x? That should quickly breeze through the boring parts of the battle.

< Message edited by jomni -- 7/17/2010 3:47:42 AM >

(in reply to SkyStrike)
Post #: 13
RE: sigh - 7/17/2010 4:30:04 AM   
D.Ilse

3. units are very bad at aiming grenades.

under fire, in Real Life, throwing grenades in kinda like that..you just toss in the direction of the fire and hope for something..def not Hollywood were 1 grenade kills a squad of germans while 7.92mm rounds are pinging all around.

As for time, I normally have a DVD on(right now it's Paul Ham's Kokoda Doc(yea I'm in the US, but have a all region DVD player)) or Iron Storm(WWII Strat game for Sega Saturn, kinda like a updated PanzerGeneral I) or something to turn to while wait for something to happen..but yea that has caused some Oh ShXt, where the heck did they come from moments playing H2H games in the past.

(in reply to jomni)
Post #: 14
RE: sigh - 7/17/2010 10:26:41 AM   
TopGun

At the moment I totally agree with SkyStrike about the AI... I paid the full price and hoped for the best but it seems that I shouldnt. I havent played at all for few days now cos Im a bit disappointed.

(in reply to SkyStrike)
Post #: 15
RE: sigh - 7/17/2010 1:01:05 PM   
D.Ilse

I went back to the TLD and played a few solo games, and well it's not a Patton I assure you but the AI moves more aggressively in TLD than in LSA it seems IMO.

(in reply to TopGun)
Post #: 16
RE: sigh - 7/17/2010 1:41:03 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi guys, we do play and we do test. I'm sorry LSA has disappointed you, but we are working on the first update, which will include some AI improvements, some pathing tweaks and bug fixes.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to D.Ilse)
Post #: 17
RE: sigh - 7/17/2010 3:33:46 PM   
D.Ilse

Erik, the first AI hang up I got was on St. Oedenrode. The previous battles moved along at a good rate even with the Elite settings for both the germans(Player) and allies(AI)

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 18
RE: sigh - 7/17/2010 9:42:27 PM   
SkyStrike

[image]lsa.jpg[/image][image][/image]

Here is what is happening in this picture:

After the "SS SdKfz 251/1" has survived a direct mortar barrage and continuous firing from elevated positions by 5 Brean teams, my AB PIAT sneaks to a distance of 21 meters directly to the left side of the half-track, after which the PIAT is issued a firing order.

Now the usual happens: "SEEKING COVER" "SEEKING COVER" "SEEKING COVER" "SEEKING COVER" for not seconds, not tens of seconds but for minutes!

Eventually however the PIAT apparently has found cover (LOL?) and starts "SETTING UP" for about 10 seconds. Just like he hadnt in mind that eventually he would have to crack his first shot and it would be good to have it handy after RUNNING (not crawling) directly next to the target..

So I run to the side of the halftrack and PIAT starts his TAKE COVER bullshit (not under fire, but apparently he has ants in his pants) and then he starts constructing his IKEA zook for his first shot..

Here is what happens next: 3 misses from 21 meters directly to the side. Not even close.

Timer is about to end when PIAT has been bullshitting around for minutes, and I am running another PIAT to the scene. Then the halftrack decides to surrender.

This is not a singular example. Theres plenty of SEEKING COVER and missing PIATs.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to D.Ilse)
Post #: 19
RE: sigh - 7/17/2010 9:50:01 PM   
SkyStrike

And no, LSA is not a disappointment. In itself it is a refreshing and nice effort to make a nice game. Sadly it is not there just yet.

I do like the more historical troops,

cool new maps (forest fighting is ridiculously hard though, and troops dont seem to be safe from MG fire in any houses at all, while armor doesnt really shoot at tall buildings at all),

and the nice effort to change supply/strategic map consept.

We must think of this game as not cc2remake but a new game of it's kind.

It would be cool if troops actually obeyed the orders given to them, just like "always obey orders", but would get pinned/panicked/etc too. Now it seems one or the other, and I choose that they obey always, rather than never.

Thanks to the Matrix team, the effort seems real and sincere. Looking forward for upgrades.
Also sorry for me being a bitch, it is not my intention.

Also: Please fix Battle Group MERGING (also bo merging), I dont like that my teams disappear, I dont get any money/points or I get half the money/points (of original non-halved purchase price), I want 100% points/troops. Otherwise merging anything would be just about the most dumb thing to do in the whole game, when you actually lose strength than gain it..

< Message edited by SkyStrike -- 7/17/2010 9:57:37 PM >

(in reply to SkyStrike)
Post #: 20
RE: sigh - 7/17/2010 11:48:06 PM   
Dundradal

I can agree that it can be frustrating at times. I just started a GC with someone as the Allies and on the map with shermans (I know I should know but I'm blanking...first map with armor.) I spent 90% of that battle babysitting 3 tanks and an armored car up a paved road! Luckily, all the resistance was in the town to the north, but it took me the entire match to get there when it should have taken no more than 4-5 minutes.

That bothers me. To compare, I've often found the pathfinding in COI to be the best. Maybe it's the different terrain in maps? Although, even in the BO MMMC3 beta tanks work well.

(in reply to SkyStrike)
Post #: 21
RE: sigh - 7/18/2010 12:08:29 AM   
D.Ilse

quote:

And no, LSA is not a disappointment. In itself it is a refreshing and nice effort to make a nice game. Sadly it is not there just yet.

I do like the more historical troops,

cool new maps (forest fighting is ridiculously hard though, and troops dont seem to be safe from MG fire in any houses at all, while armor doesnt really shoot at tall buildings at all),

and the nice effort to change supply/strategic map consept.

We must think of this game as not cc2remake but a new game of it's kind.

It would be cool if troops actually obeyed the orders given to them, just like "always obey orders", but would get pinned/panicked/etc too. Now it seems one or the other, and I choose that they obey always, rather than never.

Thanks to the Matrix team, the effort seems real and sincere. Looking forward for upgrades.
Also sorry for me being a bitch, it is not my intention.

Also: Please fix Battle Group MERGING (also bo merging), I dont like that my teams disappear, I dont get any money/points or I get half the money/points (of original non-halved purchase price), I want 100% points/troops. Otherwise merging anything would be just about the most dumb thing to do in the whole game, when you actually lose strength than gain it..

I agree, LSA is a great game, and atleast playable in the v.1 release, unlike many games that OFFER great promise, but turn out to be unplayable(IE HOI III)

I don't regret the buy at all, since H2H games have brought back the fun of CC2 my favorite wargame prob.

although nothing is perfect, and that is why we have mods and patches. remember this game is still only DAYS old.

My one gripe I guess is the fact classic CC2 was included with LSA...but that's really moot as a fault.

(in reply to SkyStrike)
Post #: 22
RE: sigh - 7/18/2010 12:10:01 AM   
D.Ilse

Btw, I am hoping for the next CC from the team is either Hurtgenwald, St.Lo or the Vosges/Nordwind campaigns.

(in reply to D.Ilse)
Post #: 23
RE: sigh - 7/18/2010 12:36:17 AM   
SkyStrike

Here more PIAT "fun". The invulnerable halftrack refuses to take damage from multiple teams firing at it from close and elevated positions. Grenades miss (like usually, even when walking to the back of an immobilized tank). Also PIATs miss multuple times. Well actually it hit something, the Bren team in the next house, killing a fellow AB soldier!

Great.(sarcasm for those not following.)

Attachment (1)

(in reply to D.Ilse)
Post #: 24
RE: sigh - 7/18/2010 3:52:04 AM   
D.Ilse

that's more of the spring-firing antics of the PIAT, that more lobbed a projectile vs a lauch(straight shot) from a Panzershreck or Bazooka.

In regards to use IMO, luck with a PIAT, is better than the German AT weapon, that was thrown bomb with fins(IIRC Panzerwurfmine?) Sure it could take out a AFV, but to use it effectively took skill(although I think there is no skill but maybe horseshoes that helped the Landser who needed to chuck the wurfmine)

(in reply to SkyStrike)
Post #: 25
To snooze me - 8/29/2010 10:44:13 AM   
Longnez

Hi all,
Is it on one's beam ends ? What's that we go back? I have this sensation to have made still duped, my passion of CC'll lose me
i'm ok with SkyStrike,

[Panicked soldiers are escaping to whatever direction, usually towards enemy.
PLayer is unable to retreat/withdraw/surrender and never gets a ceasefire - always has to wait 15 minutes per map. Playability = 5%.], and i add :
-Ridiculous graphics of the camouflages of vehicles in comparison CCIII (Invisible details and always even colors...),

I quickly meet with an only one Ersazt team which fires until end of ammunitions without damage on the other side, and the other team rest in statics till the end some timing without that there is nothing, till the end of 15 minutes (i fell asleep on friday evening in front of my game after a hard week of job
I dont again still find the gameplay as CCIII (variety of the teams, the weapons, the possibility of buying weapons in case of won points etc...).
Quick, quick quick, new patchs and mods,... U 've got it coming to u, either i ask to be paid off ;-)

(in reply to SkyStrike)
Post #: 26
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem >> Tech Support >> sigh Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI