Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

GameRanger

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem >> Tech Support >> GameRanger Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
GameRanger - 7/18/2010 2:16:30 PM   
SkyStrike

Please get this game added to GameRanger. I am sure the developer of GameRanger is interested in adding this, but I am also sure he is busy and prioritizing his projects. Do something to get it added! Hamachi and Battle HQ suck compared to GR. I play CC2 on GR.

GameRanger

Thanks!
Post #: 1
RE: GameRanger - 7/18/2010 3:34:03 PM   
Dundradal

Hamachi is fine. I play using it constantly.

(in reply to SkyStrike)
Post #: 2
RE: GameRanger - 7/18/2010 3:58:34 PM   
SkyStrike

sucks for me. Fine for you. Too much setting up, tries to take over your computer, I dont like a program creating it's own network. No thanks. For ease of play and more popularity CC community should seek to migrate to GR.

(in reply to Dundradal)
Post #: 3
RE: GameRanger - 7/18/2010 5:03:58 PM   
Dundradal

Too much setting up? You mean installing it and then connecting to the networks? It's also not very hard to operate. It just requires 2 seconds of thought.

GR only supports up to Cross of Iron. No support for WAR, TLD or LSA.

(in reply to SkyStrike)
Post #: 4
RE: GameRanger - 7/18/2010 6:32:13 PM   
SkyStrike

Don't waste your breath, your opinion isn't necessary. Topic here is GameRanger. And yes hamachi creates its own network into your computer which causes trouble atleast to me. No thanks´for hamachi. BHQ is ancient, abandoned and hard to set up. Yes for GR. Only thing needed there is to launch the game, if(WHEN) it gets added.

< Message edited by SkyStrike -- 7/18/2010 6:45:28 PM >

(in reply to Dundradal)
Post #: 5
RE: GameRanger - 7/18/2010 7:11:49 PM   
mooxe

quote:

ORIGINAL: SkyStrike

Don't waste your breath, your opinion isn't necessary. Topic here is GameRanger. And yes hamachi creates its own network into your computer which causes trouble atleast to me. No thanks´for hamachi. BHQ is ancient, abandoned and hard to set up. Yes for GR. Only thing needed there is to launch the game, if(WHEN) it gets added.

On Hamachi you will see about 15 players on weekends, with all different versions of CC and their mods available to play. Weekdays you will see many as well. Hamachi only serves as a meeting place to trade IPs. I have been advertising it for the past few years on www.closecombatseries.net which is why its successful today. Hamachi is the primary (in termsn of numbers) meeting place for online games and you will have much better luck finding regular opponents there. Here are the Hamachi Joining Instructions.

Gameranger will auto launch the game for you. GR came in a bit too late to the scene at CCS. I was already advertising a shift from Gamespy to Hamachi when GR showed up. Its not worth making another shift, just adds to the confusion. If I stick with one venue, for years, it will be successful.

So Skystrike, and anyone else reading, all venues will work, Hamachi has the highest number of players though.

< Message edited by mooxe -- 7/18/2010 7:13:13 PM >

Close Combat Series

CCS on Youtube

Join Discord for tech support and online games.

(in reply to SkyStrike)
Post #: 6
RE: GameRanger - 9/19/2010 11:11:57 PM   
STIENER

so ...Mooxe
Gamespy is dead then? i havent been there in a few months. was there looking now and saw 1 guy in the close combat room.
yes i am on Hamatchi tho.......

(in reply to mooxe)
Post #: 7
RE: GameRanger - 9/19/2010 11:34:06 PM   
Andrew Williams

Mooxe has a history of supporting lost and unsupported CC peripherals.

If everyone just used BHQ which ships with the game and new players that don't visit CCS would be able to meet up for H2H battles.

At the moment with mooxe encouraging all CCs users onto hamachi all new recruits find no place to meet others to play.

It's a one way street that ends in a cul-de-sac.

(in reply to STIENER)
Post #: 8
RE: GameRanger - 9/20/2010 5:02:41 AM   
STIENER

i dont agree andrew. the more places we have to hook up...the better. at least hamatchi is being somewhat advertised as a place to go and play CC.....
BHQ didnt seem to work the last time i tried it and because of that i never went back.

i love the CC series and have been and am still a hard core player. i dont like to complain, BUT IMHO half the problem that there is not many up and coming CC players is 2 fold......matrix does not advertise these games well, and we are always waiting for a patch or 3 to make the game playable to the caliber it can be.
if we tell people / advertise that there is more than one place to play your CC games then more people will play them.

does BHQ work in LSA? pretty sure it didnt work when WAR 1st came out. are you pearsonally signed up to play in BHQ? id sure like to meet some of you guys there and play a few........

RD Steiner

(in reply to Andrew Williams)
Post #: 9
RE: GameRanger - 9/20/2010 5:44:01 AM   
zon

quote:

ORIGINAL: STIENER

i dont agree andrew. the more places we have to hook up...the better.

RD Steiner

The more places to meet up, the less likely you'll find someone on the one place you look. Battle HQ is definitely the superior (easiest) place to meet.

(in reply to STIENER)
Post #: 10
RE: GameRanger - 9/20/2010 3:05:24 PM   
stolidog

BHQ should be on antiques road show....wait I think it was valued at 0.85 cents and probably still available for sale

Gameranger and Hamachi are both better formats for meeting up,communicating, and playing

< Message edited by stolidog -- 9/20/2010 3:18:20 PM >

(in reply to zon)
Post #: 11
RE: GameRanger - 9/21/2010 12:37:01 AM   
Andrew Williams

BHQ works just fine... there is also no limit to the number of players that can be in the chat lobbies.

(in reply to stolidog)
Post #: 12
RE: GameRanger - 9/22/2010 5:56:32 PM   
stolidog

Well I guess I will just agree to disagree

I know BHQ works just fine, but its just not sexy, its graphics seem outdated as well as its interface, going from the old MSN zone or Gamespy/Gameranger/Hamachi to BHQ is a regression

And I dont think the lack of people using BHQ is a directly a function of Mooxe/ccs directing people to play on Hamachi or gameranger, i think its more of a function of people trying the BHQ and not liking it and looking to the community for other options

A good product sells itself

Having a supported user friendly multiplayer interface that the players will want to use and meet up to play benefits everyone in the end (players and designers/developers)

< Message edited by stolidog -- 9/22/2010 6:03:40 PM >

Post #: 13
RE: GameRanger - 9/23/2010 4:55:18 PM   
RD Oddball

I happen to agree with the shortcomings you point out Stolidog but BHQ does work despite it being rather un-elegant and there's a company there to support it.

The bottom line is (my opinion & seems logical enough) that if we want to increase the availability of HvH games we need to consolidate the place people meet. As long as we continue to remain spread out among several lobby's HvH games will continue to be less available than we'd like them to be. Ultimately it really doesn't matter what lobby prog is used as long as everyone makes an effort to use the same one and all who are "in the know" promote that lobby as the place to meet.

(in reply to stolidog)
Post #: 14
RE: GameRanger - 9/23/2010 10:17:30 PM   
Andrew Williams

Isn't that just a case of personal aesthetic choice - one that is completely wrong in anothers eyes.

quote:

Differences in aesthetic taste can't be considered errors. Sorry you don't appreciate the way some of the graphics look.

< Message edited by Andrew Williams -- 9/25/2010 10:28:23 AM >

(in reply to RD Oddball)
Post #: 15
RE: GameRanger - 9/23/2010 10:19:39 PM   
Andrew Williams

Currently CCs are promoting lobbies all over the place, absolutely ludicrous IMHO.

Post #: 16
RE: GameRanger - 9/24/2010 9:27:29 AM   
STIENER

well i cant see any of my games that i play in the lobbies and cant figure out how to add more games to the list [ if i could see them ] now after the initial sign up???

Post #: 17
RE: GameRanger - 9/24/2010 11:22:38 AM   
Andrew Williams

Click on configure in the menu

Click on Filter and tick the games you play.

Exit BHQ and then restart.

< Message edited by Andrew Williams -- 9/30/2010 12:41:58 AM >

(in reply to STIENER)
Post #: 18
RE: GameRanger - 9/29/2010 11:55:18 PM   
Dundradal

quote:

ORIGINAL: SkyStrike

Hopefully you've removed whatever obstruction you had....but GR now supports all the CC's up to LSA.

"To you, we are deeply grateful, and release what little hold we might, as Durandal, have had on your soul.
Go."
- Final Terminal Message Marathon Infinity

(in reply to SkyStrike)
Post #: 19
RE: GameRanger - 9/30/2010 12:43:30 AM   
Andrew Williams

CCS will be dropping support for Hamachi

GameRanger now looks like the best H2H place to connect with support now for all versions of Close Combat

(in reply to Dundradal)
Post #: 20
RE: GameRanger - 9/30/2010 1:22:56 AM   
STIENER

so its offical???? Matrix is supporting GR now as the place to go??? i see, andrew you sport the GR logo under your posts.'......
if this so, then perhaps a big bold post some where with links???? just a suggestion

Post #: 21
RE: GameRanger - 9/30/2010 1:49:16 AM   
mooxe

Matrix will not officially support any venue to play online. Their support ends at bundling software.

GameRanger officially supports all versions and that message will be crammed down your throat at my website!

Close Combat Series

CCS on Youtube

Join Discord for tech support and online games.

(in reply to STIENER)
Post #: 22
RE: GameRanger - 9/30/2010 4:09:24 AM   
Andrew Williams

As mooxe says... nothing official.

It's just the best place to meet for H2H at the moment.

(in reply to mooxe)
Post #: 23
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem >> Tech Support >> GameRanger Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI