Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Mine Layers won`t

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Tech Support >> Mine Layers won`t Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mine Layers won`t - 7/30/2002 11:03:47 PM   
Black Cat

I have run 2 minelayers , fully loaded up from Noumea to PM to mine the Base Hex in the slim hope this will deter the weekly Toyko Express runs.

I refuel them en route, they get to PM, look around, have some lunch, buy some Duty Free Booze, and then sail back toward Noumea with the mines still aboard.

I have tried this 3 times, same thing...even used the Editor to up the experience levels, no mine laying occurs in the Base Hex.

PS: The Subs will mine the Base Hex in PM.....but that`s a poor use for them.
Post #: 1
- 7/31/2002 12:06:29 AM   
Mark W Carver

Was the minewarfare TF set to "Retirement Allowed" in the hex that you wanted the mines layed?

(in reply to Black Cat)
Post #: 2
Yes Tried it both ways.. N/T - 7/31/2002 12:45:20 AM   
Black Cat

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mark W Carver
[B]Was the minewarfare TF set to "Retirement Allowed" in the hex that you wanted the mines layed? [/B][/QUOTE]

(in reply to Black Cat)
Post #: 3
- 7/31/2002 2:59:37 AM   
willgamer

It's worked for me.

My checklist:

1. make sure mines are actually onboard; as an aside, my DMs would only load 1/2 full if docked... they had to be disbanded to anchor to fill up!

2. send them NO retirement allowed to about 4 hexes away from PM.

3. refuel them one way or another.

4. now make them Retirement Allowed and retarget to the port hex.

HTH :)

(in reply to Black Cat)
Post #: 4
OK - 7/31/2002 8:53:16 AM   
Black Cat

[QUOTE]Originally posted by willgamer
[B]It's worked for me.

My checklist:

1. make sure mines are actually onboard; as an aside, my DMs would only load 1/2 full if docked... they had to be disbanded to anchor to fill up!

HTH :) [/B][/QUOTE]

Thanks, I`ll give that a try...:)

(in reply to Black Cat)
Post #: 5
- 7/31/2002 10:22:39 AM   
dpstafford

[B]It's worked for me.
My checklist:
Quite ridiculous to have to jump through such hoops to lay some mines at a friendly port.

Perhaps you can help me with a similar problem. My opponent used a sub to lay mines at MY port. I can't seem to get my MSWs to clear them no matter how I structure the TF or its orders. Got a checklist for that?

(in reply to Black Cat)
Post #: 6
- 7/31/2002 10:38:31 AM   
Joel Billings

[QUOTE]Originally posted by dpstafford
[B]
Quite ridiculous to have to jump through such hoops to lay some mines at a friendly port.

Perhaps you can help me with a similar problem. My opponent used a sub to lay mines at MY port. I can't seem to get my MSWs to clear them no matter how I structure the TF or its orders. Got a checklist for that? [/B][/QUOTE]

You should be able to set them to Patrol with the hex you want swept as the destination. That should get the mines eventually.

(in reply to Black Cat)
Post #: 7
- 7/31/2002 2:34:34 PM   
Supervisor

Or try including the MSW's in a TF that is going to arrive in the port.

Just a thought...

(in reply to Black Cat)
Post #: 8
- 8/6/2002 12:39:30 AM   
panda124c

[B]It's worked for me.

My checklist:

I have trouble with my DM's getting half way to Lagun and just hanging out for a couple of days. Then they run out of fuel, and if you tell them to go to a hex so they can refuel they lay their mines there. I have found the solution to the low fuel load, send one of the CL's with them to keep them fueled until they, hopefully, reach their target hex. :D

(in reply to Black Cat)
Post #: 9
- 8/6/2002 5:00:36 AM   
Mark W Carver

[QUOTE]Originally posted by pbear
[B]
I have trouble with my DM's getting half way to Lagun and just hanging out for a couple of days. Then they run out of fuel, and if you tell them to go to a hex so they can refuel they lay their mines there. I have found the solution to the low fuel load, send one of the CL's with them to keep them fueled until they, hopefully, reach their target hex. :D [/B][/QUOTE]

Just set your TF with the DM's in them to "Patrol/Do Not Retire" and they will not lay their mines until you reset them to "Retirement Allowed".

(in reply to Black Cat)
Post #: 10
- 8/6/2002 6:38:46 PM   
panda124c

[B]

Just set your TF with the DM's in them to "Patrol/Do Not Retire" and they will not lay their mines until you reset them to "Retirement Allowed". [/B][/QUOTE]
I thought I had tried this but will try again. Battle Fatigue or was it Malaria, I don't remember. :D

(in reply to Black Cat)
Post #: 11
- 8/14/2002 11:14:47 PM   
panda124c

[B]

Just set your TF with the DM's in them to "Patrol/Do Not Retire" and they will not lay their mines until you reset them to "Retirement Allowed". [/B][/QUOTE]

Works like a champ thanks.

(in reply to Black Cat)
Post #: 12
Another means of laying mines... - 8/17/2002 4:47:52 AM   
RevRick

Send the DM's close to where you want as a Surface Action TF. When you get them close enough to where you want the mines - change to Mine Warfare - designate the hex - set Retire Allowed - and send them on their way. If you want them to return to the port to refuel - change their homeport, or they head for the port from which they originated. I have mined the approaches to Lunga, Vila, and even ran the boys into Shortland at night with a reverse Tokyo Express operating as cover. Made a big mess of the harbor for a while.

Thanks for the tip about reorganizing the TF though. Thought they were a bit light.

"Action springs not from thought, but from a readiness for responsibility.” ― Dietrich Bonhoeffer

(in reply to Black Cat)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Tech Support >> Mine Layers won`t Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI