Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Naval Battle Problem

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> Naval Battle Problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Naval Battle Problem - 7/27/2010 1:30:40 PM   
Yearworld

The situation is this:
Combined French and Spanish Fleet attack the Combined British and Russian fleet in the English channel. But when the battle starts the Russian ships(which are on loan to the GB player) do not take part in the battle?

Any thoughts or ideas??

Yearworld

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Naval Battle Problem - 7/27/2010 1:32:34 PM   
Yearworld

I forgot to say the Naples ship is under Spanish control and is not participating in the battle. The fleets on the Spanish French side start here and sail to the channel to attack.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Yearworld)
Post #: 2
RE: Naval Battle Problem - 7/28/2010 2:05:00 AM   
Dancing Bear

I assume that both Russia and GB at war with both Spain and France?

This sounds like a relatively serious bug.

(in reply to Yearworld)
Post #: 3
RE: Naval Battle Problem - 7/28/2010 2:20:53 AM   
Yearworld

Yes Fr and Spain are both at war with GB and Russia. Loaned fleets are fine until the combat phase when both Russian fleets leave the British stack and refuse to fight.

Yearworld

(in reply to Dancing Bear)
Post #: 4
RE: Naval Battle Problem - 7/28/2010 2:48:48 AM   
Dancing Bear

I guess both the Spanish and the French stick around to fight the British, so the issue is only with the attackers.

Which version are you running? This sounds similar to the recently reported bug where minor fleets refused to attack, that Marshall fixed in 1.08.03, although this specific circumstance was not covered. I wonder if it is already fixed in 1.08.03? Not that this is much help, since we are still some time from a 1.08.03 release.

(in reply to Yearworld)
Post #: 5
RE: Naval Battle Problem - 7/28/2010 12:28:07 PM   
Yearworld

Running 1.07.02 and we are playing the 1792 Campaign game. Yes, the French and Spanish fleets all attack. Problem is with the Russians only. Sorry I should have said this.

Yearworld

Post #: 6
RE: Naval Battle Problem - 7/29/2010 3:04:48 AM   
Dancing Bear

I find the naval game is less well play tested than the land game simply because there are less naval battles. This is serious bug to clear up. It is also not possible to add Nelson to a blockading fleet from the reinforcement pool.

(in reply to Yearworld)
Post #: 7
RE: Naval Battle Problem - 8/1/2010 1:27:12 AM   
Dancing Bear

Hi Yearworld
I tried quickly to recreate this, but was unsuccessful with a single fleet attacking a combined stack of a loaned and unloaned opponent. This is not quite what you have, but may show that allied stacks are defending properly.
However, I am wondering what the standing orders were for the GB and Russian fleets. Is it possible, that rather than being attacked by Spain and France, that the GB fleet intercepted the Spanish and French fleets, while the Russian fleet either opted not to intercept or did not intercept?
The log for the naval phase is quite poor, in that many things like intercept attempts and battles may be missing, so you might not know if GB tried to intercept France. You might have to ask the French player.
There is a potential problem with standing orders for fleets in stacks, in that not all fleets within a stack share the same standing orders. This can be very true for allied stacks and loaned fleets, when different players set different orders for their two stacks. Standing orders in the naval phase does need some examination. What happens when different fleets in the same stack have different orders?

(in reply to Yearworld)
Post #: 8
RE: Naval Battle Problem - 8/1/2010 1:57:25 PM   
Yearworld

Hi DB,

Thanks for trying. I know 100% the SP-FR fleet is attacking not being intercepted. Marshall has confirmed that this is a 1.07 problem and is fixed in 1.08. He has promised to run the naval battle for me and hopefully he will send me the files back soon.

Kevin

Post #: 9
RE: Naval Battle Problem - 8/1/2010 3:53:59 PM   
Dancing Bear

Gald to hear that this problem is fixed in 1.08. There is a naval war brewing in a game I am in, and I'm getting anxious to have 1.08 before this war gets underway. There are simply too many little bugs in 1.07 that can trip up a naval war to the point where thay can break a game.

(in reply to Yearworld)
Post #: 10
RE: Naval Battle Problem - 8/3/2010 12:35:48 AM   
Yearworld

Marshall fixed the problem for me. Thank you Marshall.

Yearworld

Post #: 11
RE: Naval Battle Problem - 8/3/2010 12:59:38 PM   
Marshall Ellis

No prob! Apologize for the wait!
Should NEVER have gone for the simul stuff :-/

Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

(in reply to Yearworld)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> Naval Battle Problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI